Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    mateuszw1995
    Participant

The above problems are basically the same thing – after entering any vehicle – car, motor, metro, basilisk – the picture for one eye freezes or turns to grey and the other one works ok. I hope it is possible to fix.

beemzy
    Participant

Upgrading CET resolves the issue, thanks for the tip.

Now to look for decent-ish settings that reduce the jittery/blurryness.

Very much depends on your PC specs. If you have lots of VRAM then getting 4k textures can help a lot (from Nexus Mods). HD Reworked Project Ultra Quality by Halk Hogan, XilaMonstrr’s 4k textures, Alternative Skin Materials, Keen’s NPC textures, etc will give a great visual boost with no FPS loss and significant reduction in ghosting/halo’ing. A lot of these have 2k versions available too

beemzy
    Participant

I have same problems as mateuszw1995

In my case entering a car glitches the display and then the game freezes and I have to use task manager to terminate CP2077

moonfang
    Participant

has anybody found a fix for the “to small image” issue, i.e. black bar at the bottom? I am running 1:1 and maximum of 0.9 image zoom and have tested 16:9 and 4:3 resolutions, but nothing seems to get rid of it..

oh and if I enter a car, the fov/zoom is wildly off .

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that a fix for the vehicle issue will be available shortly.

Either the 2.1 update itself or the according CET update breaks detecting the current vehicle type (car or bike). The mod uses this information for optimizing the camera position since the unmodified flat camera positions don’t really work well in VR.

The failed vehicle type detection then causes a bunch of other issues which in the end lead to the heavy rendering glitches you see.

Long story short: I have to figure out another way to distinguish between cars and bikes. Once that is done everything should work as expected again. Expect a fix within the next two or three days.

beemzy
    Participant

That’s great news Ralf, look forward to it, thanks!

Not sure if there is a fix for this but in the first meeting with Solomon Reed, you have to take a car ride with him and this cutscene is rendered in 2D. However, in other car rides such as with River, I seem to recall that it was all in VR. Would be excellent if there is a way to make the Solomon ride in VR

mateuszw1995
    Participant

As you are fixing the cars, please check also the mission “Identity crisis”, where player is going into car’s trunk. The cutscene works fine, but when you need to control the car, the camera is… inside trunk :) This behavior was present before 2.1 update.

Thanks for your work, Ralf!

mstmorse
    Participant

Had some issues the last several days after a reinstall. So then followed every suggestion I could find. Made sure have the latest version, updated the CET. Controls working again including EDGEPEEK so full VR. Playing on Ultra on Oculus with airlink cable. WOW! Better than last time played. Just have the black bars at bottom of screen that I can’t get rid of. Any fix anyone can share that might have missed?

Ralf
    Keymaster

2023/12/21

A new update is available. Adds compatibility with Cyberpunk 2077 2.1. Including a fix for the rendering glitches when entering a vehicle.

beemzy
    Participant

Thanks Ralf!

Silicon McCain
    Participant

Nice one, Ralf. Back in business. :)
    Well, almost… Metro still has the one eye thing…

It isn’t game-breaking like the vehicles, though. One for next year!

Thanks for all your work with this project.
    Have a great Christmas and Hogmanay.

gtuf1
    Participant

Raif… getting a virus report when I try to install the latest update from Acronis. Saying a GenericML.MaliciousExe

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a false positive. Either contact your AV vendor so that they can fix their false detection or – better – get of rid of invasive third party AV software altogether. Windows Defender is more than good enough since almost a decade. Not entirely without problems either, but at leat MS is usually fast addressing false positives if they happen.

100one
    Participant

Hi guys, I will try today with HTC Vive Pro, Index Controllers, 3090 RTX… Hope it will work, hardly play non VR Games now…
    But I have Installed “Welcome to Night City 2.1” mod collection, I hope there will be no conflicts…

Great work for VorpX

100one
    Participant

EDIT: Post Above

Everything working OK except of Index Controllers. All settings are on default Gamepad checked in Option.
    When I try set to keyboard and mouse then emulation for keyboard working fine with controllers, when I check to Gamepad then only left and righ grip are working on index controller.
    I will try to install virtual XBox controller, maybe this is problem, u can’t emulate something that is not installed.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!