Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    beemzy
    Participant

Ralf

AS well as the “Metro still has the one eye thing… ” as pointed out by Silicon McCain, the other thing to follow-up on later would be the markers which are anchored to the player POV instead of being fixed to the object it should be attached to eg yellow/red markers for enemy NPC’s

Thankfully not game-breaking though. The recent update makes the game playable in VR

Merry Christmas!

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’m trying get Cyberpunk running, but this pop-up window is asking to update components or continue. I **cannot move mouse cursor** with both mouse and controllers, so I cannot click this menu item. Also, I can move selection with cursor keys, but cannot confirm with enter or space.

How can I select required menu item?

– vorpX 24.1.0
    – Cyberpunk 2.1
    – Oculus Quest 2

The game and vorpX were completely re-installed from scratch.

Draconis47
    Participant

I am using the standard vorpx client with CP77 with Z-normal. My question is what is causing these absolutely extreme amounts of texture pop ins at very short ranges in driving mode. You can see some of them in the image links. Sometimes I am driving over a piece of road that materializes under me

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I did a test run with the stand alone and the problem was not nearly as severe in the dedicated version. Although it had its own unplayable problems like the in built connection mod causing severe stutter upon turning the character with the mouse. Like in janks back one degree for ever three degrees turned to one direction. This is on a Rift S

Draconis47
    Participant

Upon further testing this seems to be a FOV problem. The game really hates field of view values above 100. Those pics were with fov 120 for the driving. Another place you can see the FOV glitch is in the tutorial maelstorm mission for getting the drone, where if you have values above 115 just certain parts of the map textures just disappear around you

Ralf
    Keymaster

The mod handles FOV and takes care of this engine limitation. Don’t tinker with FOV manually. Don’t make your life harder than it has to be for no reason.

Draconis47
    Participant

>takes care of this engine limitation
    how?

ceedj
    Participant

What exactly is the Connection Mod? It seems to be aesthetic (adjusting loading screens and such) but causes massive ghosting, particularly the UI. Looks much better with it off, so am I missing much?

Also, any chance to restore the image zoom to 100%? Default it to 85% if you want, but no reason to cripple it either; I know how to use edge peek.

This is my third try at the story, and I think it’s sticking this time. Thanks for the mods!

Altered_Cabron
    Participant

I’m running cyberpunk 2077 from my pc using Airlink to my metaquest 2. After a bit of tinkering it’s working well, however I’m stuck on the tutorial because I’m not sure how to access the quick slots/inventory to use the healing packs! Any clues? Thanks. I am using the metaquest 2 controllers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can switch to a secondary button mapping on your motion controllers with the left grip button. That way e.g. the left sticks becomes a d-pad, which should get you going.

BTW: The slides and the instructions panel in the vorpX launch room explain stuff like this.

Altered_Cabron
    Participant

Hi Ralf – thanks for the speedy reply, and thanks also for making an incredible mod!
    I have read all the documentation and looked far and wide, but couldn’t see this specifically addressed (apologies if its there and I missed it).

I do have my head around using the shift functioning on the second controller to get sprint/escape/d-pad for weapon switching but I’m just stumped about how to use this or what the default mappings are to get to using quick-slot items like the health packs, or even tagging enemies in stealth mode.

As a second question I wanted to ask about the default mapping during stealth mode of hitting ‘F’ which is the upper button on the left quest controller (you have to hold the menu button just below it, to get into stealth mode and from what I can tell drop the other controller and press ‘F’/Y with your other hand to perform hacks). Any thoughts on this, or have I missed something?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The motion controllers should be set to gamepad emulation mode per default in the vorpX menu. If you changed them to keyboard/mouse, change them back to gamepad emulation, otherwise you will have to manually edit the mappings. No need to do that though, the default gamepad mapping is all you really need.

Altered_Cabron
    Participant

Hi Ralf, thanks for the reply. You do a tremendous job replying to everyone here and given the million different ways to get this thing running, this is commendable.

The only way I could get meta quest 2 controllers to be detected was to disable the XBOX controller default option. Then regardless of KB/Mouse or XBOX controllers I have access to the mapped controls, which are great. The place I’m coming up short is knowing which buttons to press to gain access to the less-frequently used controls (ie T for picking up a voice call, or X for using items from the inventory shortcuts, and also tagging with mousewheel when Im in stealth wheel). It’s not obvious to me what those alternate mappings are – even when I cycle between the shift mode and look at the controllers, they don’t seem to exist.

Can I just open this up more generally to ask other users who are running via steamlink and using meta quest controllers what button they press for the inventory items or tagging in stealth. Thanks in advance/

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reinstall the mod to reset the mod settings and then use the native Quest Link for a Quest. You don’t have to change any input settings at all.

Neish
    Participant

Ralf, for the last few releases of the standalone mod, it is not possible to move the cursor and use the motion controller to make selections when you activate the VorpX settings menu in the game. Instead, a mouse is required. It would be great if we could use motion controllers again in future releases!

ceedj
    Participant

Seems the program (normal vorpx) can’t/won’t re-apply the Z-Normal setting on a new session. I flip it to DirectVR and back, presto, the UI looks smoother when, well, looking. Moving the camera with the mouse is very smooth, but using the right stick is a little jittery. Just the camera moving I mean, controls seem fine otherwise. It’s probably a game limitation.

It would be nice if we could keep the UI in place while still being able to adjust elements, but I understand if it’s related to the way you hook into the UI and make it work with tracking and such; it seems very similar in GTA: SA. I did play around with turning small things on and off like the head tracking, but then it becomes a game of pick your poison: ghosty UI or ghosty main screen. I’m sure it’s all a very delicate dance behind the scenes.

Anyway, I am pretty much sorted at this point, so thanks, and again, really nice job with this!

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!