Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. I uploaded a hotfix for the hotfix. ;)

VRan
    Participant

Perfect, thanks. Much Love my friend

mrshantiman
    Participant

Oh no, now I have to buy the game! Thanks so much!

Bloodthirst2879
    Participant

I am still getting a warning that d12 is not supported and that launching steam vr may fix the issue, do i have to use steam vr for this? or will village play from oculus? i havent been able to get the game to load, i have waited 10-15 minutes and it just hangs in the headset forever showing either a blank loading screen or a re8 loading screen but no launch?

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’m new to VorpX, i tried the resident evil 8 profile and still I can see the Grey Background using that profile. I’m using Full Vr Screen settings. Is this normal? Is it possible to get rid of the Grey Background? Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

After starting the game vorpX should display a message in the top/left corner of the game window with brief instructions regarding field of view. Following these instructions will do the trick.

On a general note: if you haven’t read it already, the “Essential Hints Guide” in the vorpX help is worth a look too. Should answer the most important questions you may have while you are new to vorpX. You can access the help from the config app.

Bloodthirst2879
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I figured it out, first i should have been more patient and really read the message, i had to switch the vorpx settings from my headset being rift s to steam vr headset. After switching it in the settings, and after your latest update of course I am up and running! so stoked to play this in VR. I did not want to ruin the scares by playing it outside vr first. thanks again for all your work!

thenevik
    Participant

Ralf is the man. Thanks for double timing this for all of us horror loving nerds XD

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for clearing the issue for me. It’s fixed now!
    However, I’m having difficulty deciding between pixel 1:1 or letterbox 1. Letterbox seems more clear, is this the way to go?
    Also, I’m using the dualshock 4 but the button mappings are a mess. Is it possible to have a mod for it or fix it using a profile? I’d tried to find the settings to change the mappings but with no luck.
    Or is it better to use mouse and keyboard? I found it hard to navigate menus with the mouse because the Headset will move around the cursor. Is it possible to turn off head tracking during menus?

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please just follow the FOV mod instructions shown in the top/left corner of the game window: leave the aspect at default (1:1), set the zoom to 1.0 and dial in 127 as FOV in the mod. These values ensure that the game FOV precisely matches the headset FOV.

For better clarity run the game at a higher resolution, e.g. 2560×1440. If your PC does not support this resolution, check the ‘Custom Resolutions’ section in the vorpX help. It has a step-by-step guide that explains how to add resolutions that your PC does not support per default.

Gamepad buttons can be remapped in the vorpX menu on the input page. The default mapping mimics the the game’s native mapping though, so normally you shouldn’t have to change anything there either, at least for an X-Box gamepad, not 100% sure for a PS4 gamepad. Unfortunately the game does not allow native gamepad and mouse emulation head tracking at the same time, so I had to enable vorpX’s built in gamepad to kb/mouse mapper.

BTW: You might find using your VR controllers more comfortable than using a gamepad. vorpX displays the current mapping on the ingame controller rendering, so that’s more convenient to use.

VRan
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for clearing the issue for me. It’s fixed now!
    However, I’m having difficulty deciding between pixel 1:1 or letterbox 1. Letterbox seems more clear, is this the way to go?
    Also, I’m using the dualshock 4 but the button mappings are a mess. Is it possible to have a mod for it or fix it using a profile? I’d tried to find the settings to change the mappings but with no luck.
    Or is it better to use mouse and keyboard? I found it hard to navigate menus with the mouse because the Headset will move around the cursor. Is it possible to turn off head tracking during menus?

Thanks

Dual shock? Can you get an Xbox controller? I find that binding C in game works the best (Same setting as the Demo)

VRan
    Participant

Ralf, this is pretty sweet, it does run pretty good. Thank you for fixing the controllers on/off option!

Question, Has Anyone found the right balance between the Camera speeds (in game settings) and the head tracking sensitivity? The head tracking lags/semi locks when looking while moving. I am wondering if we need to rely heavily on the right stick/mouse compensation?

Also, like in the Demo, when aiming, it locks and drags the screen towards my head movement (Demo had the same thing) I cant find the right solution for it (tried turning aim assistance to off, tweaking the aim speed in game. Same happens), maybe that is the way to play this one. Not sure.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The head tracking is calibrated for the default mouse sensitivity in the game options, so the easiest way to get things right is using the default sensivities in both the game and vorpX.

That’s true for all (or at least the vast majority) of official profiles BTW. Stuff like that is always dialed in to work right with the default game settings.

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Thank you so much for the help!
    Also, sometimes my in game cursor and controls will be stopped and I’ll be moving the cursor in my other Monitor instead (I’m using 2 monitors) It’ll suddenly dropped back out and I can’t move the in game controls (cursor, mouse, etc) Is there a way to fix this? other than that this is working flawlessly!

VRan
    Participant

The head tracking is calibrated for the default mouse sensitivity in the game options. With default mouse sensitivity 90° head rotation are precisely 90° ingame camara rotation. So the easiest way to get things right is resetting the game’s mouse sensitivity to default.

Cool, I never touch the mouse sensitivity it is always default. I also turn Yes the cancel mouse acceleration option in vorpX.
    Ok, Ill go back in and see what’s best :)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!