Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

There two user profiles. The one from romandesign is supposed to have motion controllers enabled.

Also make sure that you have the vorpx beta installed. Only the beta currently has controller gesture support:

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Atuin
    Participant

Is it normal to have artifacts in this game?

romandesign
    Participant

the user profile is great BUT i cannot use the controller at all. would an official profile fix that or can i bury my hopes of starfield in vr?

As long as you have proper controller type set in VorpX, both Alpha and my profile work for me in terms of controller gamepad emulation. My profile has gestures mapped as well – aiming, throwing grenades etc. I like to set controllers as only buttons visible (no controller models) – it’s less distracting that way. I’m on WMR though, so not sure about other VR platforms.

If you want to use both VR controllers and gamepad (or joystick via emulator) there is a mod that allows SIMULTANEOUS operation of both, instead of the takeover mode that can be set in the game menu: https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1603 I haven’t tried it yet, but there are a lot of happy people in the comments there. I suspect it will be awkward as head tracking would clash with gamepad control in flight. But maybe it would alleviate some issues I was writing about earlier. Anyway, best to test it with an official profile when it’s out, but the option is there.

Is it normal to have artifacts in this game?

I noticed wobbles with native FSR support, and I do have wobbles with DLSS (FSR Bridge) mod. But normally they are only present in menus and they get better in virtual screen mode that you should be using in menus anyway. In game everything is fine normally, but sometimes I see corrupted video in the top third of the image, and changing the scaling slider in-game seems to help with that. I have no problems with around 84% setting. More or less can give scrambled top of the screen that can randomly appear and disappear. Last few days it’s fairly stable.

smartin
    Participant

i think image quality is great when following the guide for the profile. i just cant get controller AND headtracking working at the same time.
    and mapping all keys while wearing the headset is too much hassle for me.
    so i am hooked on starfield VR but cant play it :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try the ‘Simultaneous Mouse and Gamepad’ mod. I haven’t tried it yet, but it will probably do the trick:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1603?tab=files

smartin
    Participant

thank you that worked somehow. but there still are double inputs or jumps are not registered.
    is that the end of the line or can an official profile improve things?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the mod works correctly, you should be able to set the motion controllers to gamepad and turn the gamepad override off. if afterwards you still encounter input weirdness, the mod doesn’t work right.

smartin
    Participant

the mod works great now. thank you. its just confusing that vorpx displays a message to turn of motion controls when connecting a gamepad.

romandesign
    Participant

Any chance “Streamline Native” mod will work with VorpX? https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2751
    It would be great to have DLSS Frame Generation working in VR. Or is there any other way?

cole00
    Participant

So… I can’t wait anymore, I’m going to use Roman designs vr profile for starfield. Thing is… 🙃 I have no idea where to start with regard to setting it up. Will someone please give me a walkthrough?

Also while I’m here, what are gestures, how do they work and do I need them for starielield?

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Gesture demo video:

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Starfield user profile setup:

Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b

romandesign
    Participant

Also while I’m here, what are gestures, how do they work and do I need them for starielield?

They work exactly like in the demo video, and they add a lot to the immersion. Aiming down sights with your arms gesture also helps with the awkwardness of head-aiming. With a real rifle your head leans on the stock and moves with your arms, so it’s the same movement that happens with the gesture. I just usually exclusively shoot with aiming gestures on. It just feels more realistic. Only in a pinch I shoot “from the hip”. There is an in-game option for disabling the aiming marker in normal walking view, and I highly recommend doing that – it’s very unrealistic anyway. It’s a bit more difficult to pick up objects etc. but you can get used to that. It does feel more natural though, and shooting from the hip is just as wild as it should be.

With my profile you may need to adjust some things as you find convenient. Sensitivites etc., but it may just work for you out of the box.

Ralph
    Participant

@ Ralf

what is your release focus at the moment ?

steph12
    Participant

Ralf seemed to have a working profile for this game, but it’s not released yet, maybe he encountered some issue(s).

willkiel66
    Participant

Hopefully my Quest 3 arrives on the 10th, I have my fingers crossed that guru Ralph has Starfield profiled and it can be the first game I play on it (I’m holding off for the Vorpx profile as my son plays it flat screen and I don’t want to mess things up for him by tinkering with Alpha V0.2 rev.b).
    If not I suppose it will be Demeo in mixed reality or any software that comes with it.
    I wish I could get some settings for RDR2 that work well, but I have given up tinkering (too many variables FOV mods etc and I have the RockStar version not the steam one so I can’t use Luke Ross’ mod).

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!