Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    romandesign
    Participant

I just lost 3D… VorpX full VR is working, but no 3D in any of the Z modes. I uninstalled some mods I tried, but still no 3D! What else can I try?

Ralph
    Participant

@ romandesign

Bethesda released a first patch, this has maybe destroyed some of your modded settings. You can use google to figure out which mods are affected by the update, or reset your installation and install every mod step by step and see the trial and error.

For the future you can deactivate the automatic update function in steam or xbox app for Starfield and install the update only after you have newer versions of all your mods that support the newest update of Bethesda.

Ralph
    Participant
    Ralph
    Participant

Update Version 1.7.29 – Fixes and Improvements Performance and Stability

Xbox Series X|S Improved stability related to installations.

Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.

Quests:

All That Money Can Buy: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

Into the Unknown: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.

Shadows in Neon: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:

Brightness and Contrast controls
    HDR Calibration Menu
    FOV Slider
    Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
    32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
    Eat button for food!

We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements

cole00
    Participant

will there be much configurating and setup with Ralphs new profile when its out?

Ralf
    Keymaster

As little as possible. You definitely won’t have to care about field of view for example, which usually is biggest hurdle when it comes to setting up things for FullVR. Like many others the profile will come with routines that auto match game and headset FOV.

romandesign
    Participant

Losing 3d happened before the update. But just like the low-poly weapon bug, it happened after a dialog (with Emogene), and happened every time. Load save before dialog – 3D is there, talk to her, 3D disappears. But then it fixed itself after a while, and is sticking so far. I have no idea why.

Low-poly weapon bug seems to be tied with wide FOV, people are saying FOV>100 triggers it. The mod called “Weapon Model FOV setter” seems to help by separating hand/weapon FOV from main FOW and limiting it to 100. Though the bug happened to me once after installing the mod, but maybe I didn’t launch the game properly that time (it uses SFSE so needs to be launched with its launcher).

I still have some intermittent corrupted video in the top third of the screen with DLSS mod. I don’t think it’s VorpX related, but reporting it just in case…

Loowee
    Participant

Hey ralph. Any chances the official profile comes out this weekend ? Im 24 hours into the game and I would love to finish it up in VR. Happens that I have a full kid free weekend so that would be incredbile but no stress… LoL Thx !

luka2099
    Participant

You must download flawless widescreen . This program allow you that set any fov. Viewmodel , ship , world

Ralph
    Participant

flawless-widescreen-has-been-updated-with-starfield-v0-tza04oir36nb1

Ralph
    Participant
    Xoleen
    Participant

I’m super excited that an official profile is coming out!

Ralph
    Participant

now it is the calm before the storm … I can’t wait… !

cole00
    Participant

Hi guys, I haven’t been on in a few days, and now I’m off to Valencia for 10 more days. Do you think king Ralf will have the config ready then?

I downloaded the game a week ago but haven’t opened it yet, waiting on full vr 🤣

romandesign
    Participant

You must download flawless widescreen . This program allow you that set any fov. Viewmodel , ship , world

Looks like it does exactly the same as the mod I mentioned does. But I suspect that the mod also resets it after a dialog etc. Anyway, why use extra software when there’s a mod?

I downloaded the game a week ago but haven’t opened it yet, waiting on full vr

I’m also eagerly waiting for an official mod, but you can try my profile, based on Alpha v2 – it’s pretty playable. Only disable the gamepad override, I think it works better that way for the ships. Also, if you are using joystick like I am, program the emulator for cross-controls: so joystick controls proper roll and pitch – they are on separate thumbstick on the gamepad, and pitch should be reversed (in-game menu option or inside emulator). And throttle and yaw should be programmed on proper axes too. That way ship combat is much better than when joystick emulates gamepad normally.

Official profile might have lower latency, and other nice-to-haves, but it’s quite well and playable as it is, full VR with gestures, so the beginning is slow and long anyway, and it’s really not bad. BTW not sure what people were complaining about – slow beginning, boring game and all. It’s basically exactly like Fallout/Skyrim in space with very nice graphics and cool hard sci-fi aesthetics. It plays exactly like that. All the clunkyness is the same as with the older Bethesda games. But nobody does a better job in this gameplay style, which is my favored. I only wish there would be native VR support, atmospheric flight, manual landings and docking and generally more believable space simulator dynamics. And of course less loading screens – game could check if there is enough RAM/VRAM available and preload the next zone in the background…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!