Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

I’VE LOST 3D EFFECT

romandesign
    Participant

I’VE LOST 3D EFFECT

If you read my earlier post, this happened to me too, and it was reliably happening after a dialog with Emogene. Game save before was 3D, and right after the talk 3D disappeared. But after a few minutes of playing it was back, also after a dialog. And it’s still holding, about 10 hours since then or more. I’m not sure what restored it. Game restarts and reloads were not helping.

BTW the weapon FOV mod seems to be helping and the fugly weapons bug didn’t return.

matteo39
    Participant

I’ve tried reshade3d,and has Better 3d ,no flickering and better performance,but not headtracking

But headtracking with vorpx Is not ok

romandesign
    Participant

I’ve tried reshade3d,and has Better 3d ,no flickering and better performance,but not headtracking

It’s not just head tracking, there is no full VR. You see a 3D screen in front of you, not a full immersive VR view. That was a deal breaker for me. I’m not sure 3D is better though, compared to VorpX if you put it into the immersive screen mode. That’s much better than a flat monitor, but you’d still have to play with a mouse or gamepad.

But it was very useful as I could see if I can get the game sharp enough in high enough resolution and graphics and at >45 FPS to be playable and enjoyable in VR. After I confirmed it, I bought VorpX. Otherwise, it would make no sense. So I suggest anyone who’s on the border to do the same. If it works for you and you like it – chances are VorpX will work too. I think the quality and performance are fairly similar, if you compare the same modes.

I don’t have any problems with headtracking with Reverb G2, other than a tiny small oversensitive jitter when I’m keeping still – it’s in sync with my pulse, and that problem is present in MSFS too, so it’s not VorpX fault. Not noticeable when moving or doing anything. Other than that head tracking is perfect.

Ralph
    Participant

@ matteo39

Do not use dlss3 or dynamic resolution with vorpx !

The v1 has a big bug:

Create a StarfieldCustom.ini
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Starfield
    keep it writeprotected after changes

[Camera]
    fFPWorldFOV=(150)
    fTPWorldFOV=(90)

The brackets or wrong, is has to be:

[Camera]
    fFPWorldFOV=130
    fTPWorldFOV=90

sorry,sorry ! please use the v2. rev. b

romandesign
    Participant

Do not use dlss3 or dynamic resolution with vorpx !

I wish DLSS FG would work with VorpX. But I think anything that uses Reshade breaks VorpX.
    Maybe Ralph could comment on possibility of integrating DLSS3 Frame Generation with VorpX / Starfield?
    People report huge performance gains on flat game. But all we can do for now is DLSS2 with FSR Bridge (no frame generation) and I still get weird artifacts – top third of the image can become distorted, and some interface screens (recording playback etc.) can become unreadable with distortions.

Loowee
    Participant

Lvl27 and chugging full steam ! Hope I get to finish this marvel in Vorpx !

Dave, lets say I cant wait for the official profile. Where’s your version on a scale of 0 to 100 zero being not even started and 100 being what people are expecting the official profile to be ?

I had good and bad experiences with vorpx. Some games came out almost like native VR but others have so much warping I would not beleive people could even play the game.

The cyberpunk mod is a work of art with gestures so I can imagine how much fun it will be in weightlessness !

dborosev
    Participant

@Matteo – Agreed. Its quite good with depth3d. Plus you can set 2 profiles – one for higher depth in space.

dborosev
    Participant

Roman – Zoom the screen in dude. Then it fills your whole vision. Problem solved.

It’s not just head tracking, there is no full VR. You see a 3D screen in front of you, not a full immersive VR view. That was a deal breaker for me. I’m not sure 3D is better though, compared to VorpX if you put it into the immersive screen mode. That’s much better than a flat monitor, but you’d still have to play with a mouse or gamepad.

But it was very useful as I could see if I can get the game sharp enough in high enough resolution and graphics and at >45 FPS to be playable and enjoyable in VR. After I confirmed it, I bought VorpX. Otherwise, it would make no sense. So I suggest anyone who’s on the border to do the same. If it works for you and you like it – chances are VorpX will work too. I think the quality and performance are fairly similar, if you compare the same modes.

I don’t have any problems with headtracking with Reverb G2, other than a tiny small oversensitive jitter when I’m keeping still – it’s in sync with my pulse, and that problem is present in MSFS too, so it’s not VorpX fault. Not noticeable when moving or doing anything. Other than that head tracking is perfect.

romandesign
    Participant

Roman – Zoom the screen in dude. Then it fills your whole vision. Problem solved.

Well, no, it isn’t, dude. You still have a giant screen in front of you. You can’t move your head because the screen would stay in place. And then you move your mouse to aim and the world turns around you. Tried it. Beats 2D but there’s a better option.

romandesign
    Participant

Generally, Reshade3D is a very good and free solution for bringing Starfield to VR. But what sets VorpX apart is the controller integration, gestures and head tracking. Starfield is a huge game and I’m sure it can bring many people to VorpX, just like it brought me, so I bought it. Free is tough to beat though :-) The huge selling point of the VorpX is the immersion features. So let’s see what the official profile can bring. This may be big, or not. I already think it was worth it for me, but there may be things that will make it so much better: if only it would be possible to decouple looking (directions/moving) and aiming (moving the reticle), then mapping motion controller movement/tracking to aiming (“air mouse”) should not be difficult, and that would be mind-blowingly huge! I’m not sure it’s even possible to decouple it in the game, but if it is – that would virtually be bringing the motion controllers inside the game. Something like that could bridge the last gap of VorpX vs. native VR – aiming with your hands. I think most people who are not sure if they want to try WorpX are worried about the whole “aiming with your head” thing. And while it’s not as bad as it sounds, it’s not ideal. Managing to bring hand aiming into the game would be amazing – I’m probably dreaming, but who knows…

Ralph
    Participant

Dave, lets say I cant wait for the official profile. Where’s your version on a scale of 0 to 100 zero being not even started and 100 being what people are expecting the official profile to be ?

33%

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ loowee:

The most important change the official profile will bring is removing the manual setup steps that are required currently to get things working. Tinkering with settings or like in this case even .ini files is a huge hurdle for non-tinkerers who want things to just work, so that’s usually the most important thing that official profiles address or at least reduce as much as possible.

Loowee
    Participant

Ok thx guys ! So anxious to play it in VR but I dont want to screw up too much in the files so I guess I’ll be patient and keep it pancake in the meantime.

romandesign
    Participant

Ok thx guys ! So anxious to play it in VR but I dont want to screw up too much in the files so I guess I’ll be patient and keep it pancake in the meantime.

The truth is that to make the game playable and good, you have to “scew up the files”. You gotta use mods and they all modify the same files, so VorpX doesn’t add anything unique there, except that you can’t use any Reshade-based mods. So unless you don’t want to use mods for some reason, you could already be playing in VR…

Here are the mods that I use and they work fine with VorpX:
    – You absolutely have to get StarUI Inventory, this is what the inventory should have been.
    – Starfield Script Extender (SFSE) – doesn’t do anything but required by some other mods
    – Neutral LUTs – No Color Filters, really improves the graphics, default is greenish and muddy
    – Enhanced Player Healthbar – the edges are not very sharp in Reverb G2 so this helps me to notice when health falls to low
    – BetterHUD, prevents messages from blocking the center of the view.
    – EXE – Effect Textures Enhanced – nice visual enhancements to weapon fire, impacts and blood.
    – The Eyes of Beauty – Starfield Edition, because why not?
    – Less Spongy Enemies, the default enemies are ridiculously spongy. You can spend 2 mags until you kill someone. Very unrealistic. This makes it better, without making the game too easy or stopping enemies from matching your level.
    – Better Visible Magazines, just puts green border around magazines, which are too easy to miss in VR.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!