Sep 22, 2023 at 2:42am #217760
This is a very important list ! If you can extend it in a thread of a upcoming official vorpx profile it will be a very important contribution. If we have some kind of compatibility list, many problems that are not related to vorpx can be solved or discussed for example on the nexus mods forum and not here in the vorpx board.
Ralf should have his hands free for new official profiles for CP77 Mod, Assassins Creed Mirage, Lords of Fallen and last but not least Alan Wake 2 !Sep 22, 2023 at 4:19am #217765
Excellent list in deed !
I already have most of these installed.
The inventory one being on top of the list although I would still change 100000 things on it.
Dave, was that last message mentionning Ralf will be working on these other mods b4 starfield?
Looking forward for the cdpr2077 update but I’ll most likely finish starfield first as I like to dip into the depth of the current game I play without any other interference. Just wondering. ;)
In any case… Vorpx powa !!Sep 22, 2023 at 4:38am #217767
This is a very important list ! If you can extend it in a thread of a upcoming official vorpx profile it will be a very important contribution.
Sure, as soon as the official profile thread is up, I can update it there…
I’m also trying a mod that gets rid of the whole black square loading screens, because they look silly in VorpX – it’s just a black square in the middle of the picture, while the rest is transparent. So it doesn’t look like a fade-ou/fade-in anymore at all, better get rid of them… Will add it to the list if it works well…Sep 22, 2023 at 4:43am #217768
There will be no new alpha or beta for Starfield, the next step is Ralfs official profile. (Ralf was on Holiday)
But in my opinion we need a new thread for the new profile, with a mod compatibility list which is up to date in one post, but i don’t know if Ralf this could make possible.
In my opinion it is a “No Go”, that newer vorpx member have to read 20 pages threads to get started without bugs, specially with mods involved.
What we need is a wiki for the board. Every Wiki written and updated by user without any warrantys.Sep 22, 2023 at 1:17pm #217774
I think the Game Settings sub forum is the best place for posts like that. Just create a new one when the profile is ready. Won’t take long anymore.
Personally I really like the game, at least the bits I saw so far. Judging from the player count on Steam Starfield isn’t quite the success that everyone hoped it would be though. Way less max players than Fallout 4 when it came out 2015. Only about a third of what super hits like Cyberpunk or Elden Ring recently had on launch. Heck, even Hogwart’s Legacy fared a lot better earlier this year, who would have predicted that…
Even considering a fair amount of extra players via Gamepass that doesn’t look too great for a huge Bethesda RPG in 2023. Still a title that deserves some extra attention, of course.
On the upside: at least that way they won’t get funny ideas about a Starfield 2 before returning to Elder Scrolls. :)Sep 22, 2023 at 5:26pm #217786
Thx for the update Ralf !
I think this game will get more players once all its potential rolls out and patches improve mechanics. They have done a very bad job detailling all the possibilities and I still find new basic mechanics after 40 hours of play.
Being a huge space sci-fi fan, I first hated the game for not having the atmosheric transition quality star citizen offers but the storyline, looting and crafting options are so diverse I am now addicted to it.
Finished main quest yesterday, if everything goes well, I’ll be piloting my new ( spoiler ) ship in VR.
Cheers !Sep 22, 2023 at 7:13pm #217788
Being a huge space sci-fi fan, I first hated the game for not having the atmospheric transition quality
Ouch… I feel your pain. I’m a lifelong hard sci-fi fan too, and I’ve written a sci-fi thriller novel and just finished a novelette (ping me if you’re interested in reading it). I’m also a huge flight sim fan (I also produce airports for MSFS). So the lack of reentry, atmospheric flight, and sim aspect is a massive disappointment for me, along with no native VR support. Still, the game is amazing.
I’ve determined that I will bring it to the best degree of immersion I possibly can.
– So the first step was bringing it to VR. I tested the Reshade3D to see that the performance and general VR look would be good enough, then bought VorpX for the true immersive VR and gesture support. I added all gestures to my profile (Roman Design). But that’s just the beginning.
– I’ve recently built a full motion simulator for flight sims, including custom-built controls: joystick/pendular yoke and hotas/heli collective hybrid controls, throttle quadrant modelled on 737, an array of switch boxes, encoder box, and off-the-shelf pedals. So I mapped all the relevant control axes and buttons to an X360CE gamepad emulator. The game thinks I’m using a gamepad, but I now have proper controls for space flight.
– Unlike flight sims, there is no position/acceleration data that I can use for driving motors on my motion cockpit. But I pull the data from my joystick and other controls and use that! Because there is no gravity in space – spacecraft position/orientation is not important. And joystick movement pretty much corresponds with thruster acceleration motion cues, so with some formulas, it’s possible to create a very believable motion. I use deltas from throttle changes to jerk the seat forwards/backwards to create a sensation of braking/accelerating as well. It works surprisingly well. I had to tone it down a bit not to get sick from all the space dogfighting.
– I built two DIY vibration transducers from old car speakers, driven by a separate amp. Again, I have no events to drive the software, but I mirror the game audio to a mixing software that EQs it to hell, leaving only very low frequencies that I feed to transducers – now all the rumble and explosions from the game are felt by my body. In addition to that, I used Voice Attack software to intercept all trigger presses from motion controllers and joysticks and play a “thump” sound to the device that feeds the vibration transducers. That way I feel the recoil of every shot I make. It fires every time the left mouse button is pressed, for example, so some false positives are there when I’m not actually shooting – but it feels very satisfying when I shoot.
– I created a Voice Attack profile that covers everything available in the game with voice control commands and text-to-speech. I can say “initiate take-off” and it will answer “Crew – prepare for take-off. Ignition. Engines nominal, taking off” etc. while pressing the appropriate button for me. Same for jumps etc. The voice commands cover everything that can’t be fitted to motion controllers, or just more fun to speak out. I can say “sniper rifle” or “quick slot 9” and the weapon is equipped. And so on. I programmed some energy management presets: when I say “battle stations” it will depower the grav drive, set max shields and power weapons. “Maximum lasers” will depower other weapons and set full lasers first, then add other weapons as available. And so on.
– I’ve also created a complicated .bat file that launches all the necessary software, kills off all the unnecessary processes to free up CPU and GPU, sets CPU affinities to 3D-cache CCD0 cores for the game, and CCD1 cores for everything else, etc.
There are some glitches here and there, due to game bugs and software issues etc. but mostly it works great, incredibly increasing the immersion! I’m going to make a video about the whole setup soon.
Now all I wish for is that someone mods in the atmospheric flight and manual landings/takeoffs. The ship can appear at the edge of the generated area and lets you fly and land manually – that would be such a great thing for immersion without changing the game engine in any way. Also it would be nice to decouple aiming from looking, and map the motion controller movement to aiming – that would really be almost full VR. But I’m not sure that is possible.Sep 23, 2023 at 12:15am #217791
Wow ! Seems like you are ahead of me on the quest for the ultimate open world sci-fi setup !
Wish there was a tag on this forum. I built myself a little “throne of games” I use daily when gaming. Its also my goto for work via vorpx desktop.
Photo link : https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ht6JHRPNaJdMqKhm8
Have a great weekend guys !Sep 23, 2023 at 1:44am #217792Sep 23, 2023 at 3:18am #217797
It seems you are a little bit disappointed about Starfield.
Let’s be honest now, are you still working on a official Starfield Profile, or not ? Because my profile works well, and your short time is better invested in Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty Mod ?Sep 23, 2023 at 10:35am #217802
All good. I was just surprised about the relatively lackluster Steam player count when I checked that yesterday. Still a lot, but I’d imagine that Bethesda hoped for more. Personally I’m a SciFi-head like you guys, so I’m pretty sure I’ll love the game once I get to actually playing it.
The profile will be out within the next few days. *Maybe* later today, but more likely early next week.
Your profile is great for advanced users that don’t mind tinkering, it’s just less well suited for people who want to simply fire up a game. So the official profile mainly adds fully automated setup. No more settings tinkering at all.
I can’t check Cyberpunk 2.0 without an updated CET anyway, which apparently isn’t out yet. Fingers crossed that they didn’t break CET entirely.Sep 23, 2023 at 5:04pm #217807
The profile will be out within the next few days
Great news. Will there be any functional improvements? DirectVR tracking that you mentioned? Anything else besides ready setup?Sep 23, 2023 at 5:23pm #217810
There a lots of tweaks compared to the user profile. E.g. the FullVR FOV now matches 100% instead of being almost right, also flight and dialog FOV are considered etc. Effects that don’t work well in VR are disabled automatically. Z3D gets disabled in menu/invetory screens for better readability, resolution can (and should) be set automatically with the ‘Resolution Quality’ option in vorpX and so on.
Also I haven’t looked into your motion controller gesture setup yet. Maybe I have one or two extra ideas in that department too. We’ll see.
It’s basically a plug and play FullVR profile now. Still with room for improvement, but no annoying hurdles anymore.Sep 23, 2023 at 11:24pm #217815
It’s basically a plug and play FullVR profile now. Still with room for improvement, but no annoying hurdles anymore.
Sounds great! My gestures are pretty standard – aim down sights, throw grenades, reload, interact…Sep 25, 2023 at 9:07pm #217826
Hey Ralf. If you ever need some beta tester for the vorpx profile. Do not hesitate !
Im off all day so I got time to test. ;)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.