vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

I’ve been waiting for TLOU and VorpX to stabilize before diving in. I was also getting frame rate drops to about 10 fps on my 3080 a couple of weeks ago after a while of playing. But I didn’t test it much to try to troubleshoot the issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to reduce graphics details a notch, especially things that take a lot of GPU memory. Texture resolution will probably have the biggest impact. Display resolutions in/above the 4K range also start to become a serious factor in that respect.

vorpX as well as the VR runtimes use extra GPU memory. When your GPU memory is fully used, games start to use system memory as virtual GPU memory, which is *much* slower.

Depending on how much memory a GPU has, newer games may almost max out your GPU memory when playing normally already, playing in VR might just be a tad bit too much. Even the 10/12 GB of a 3080 may become tight if you crank everything up in some newer games. By reducing memory heavy graphics settings like texture resolution you can make sure that doesn’t happen. Applies to any game that may potentially max out your GPU memory.

dborosev
    Participant

I was running everything at medium settings, 2048×1536. It was running smooth as silk for a while, then all of a sudden dropped to a slideshow a few times trying.
    Didn’t do much testing as I said, I just chalked it up to TLOU isn’t quite patched up yet.
    Haven’t tried since, but maybe I’ll try again with the 1.05 patch thats out, maybe its fixed now.

ArniVR
    Participant

It looks like something is not working properly with the memory of the video card. I set the texture resolution to low. Was able to play for over two hours. After that, the fps began to fall, and in the end the game crashed to the desktop. If the textures are set to high, the game starts to slow down and crashes after half an hour. Approximately.
    I have 12Gb on board.

ArniVR
    Participant

ResHade/Depth3D has the same problem with the memory working not properly in TLOU.
    I can play for about 2.5 hours if my settings to set: Vorpx, desctop/game resolution-1920×1080, texture in the game – normal. After 2.5 hours I have to restart the game. Total occupied 6.5Gb out of 12Gb

Fearganainm
    Participant

@Ralf Sent you some logs. A restart has fixed my issues. Working now.

virtuayay
    Participant

beta good except i cant seem to get desktopview/virtual monitor to work

i have all the settings checked in the vorpx configuration app, and then i start desktop view and enable virtual monitor (tried opposite order also, also tried totally automatic enable modes, including physically shutting off real monitor) and i still only see the wmr home place, no change of any kind

also i noticed the vorpx display adapter added by virtualmonitor was default disabled in device manager so i enabled it there and tried the whole process over again…same problem

reset settings and pc multiple times
    ran vorpx in both normal and admin modes
    desktopview worked with nonbeta

Ralf
    Keymaster

Auto enabling the virtual monitor by switching off the actual display only works for monitors that Windows can detect as on or off (probably only monitors connected via Display Port).

For enabling it via putting on the headset make sure to launch the desktop viewer first. Also your headset must have the ability to report whether it’s in use or not. Most popular headsets can do that, but there might be some that can’t.

FrankHorigan
    Participant

TloU finished with SuperDepth3D, zero problems..

virtuayay
    Participant

Auto enabling the virtual monitor by switching off the actual display only works for monitors that Windows can detect as on or off (probably only monitors connected via Display Port).

For enabling it via putting on the headset make sure to launch the desktop viewer first. Also your headset must have the ability to report whether it’s in use or not. Most popular headsets can do that, but there might be some that can’t.

ok well thanks for the reply but –
    windows can detect if my monitor is on or off
    and
    my headset has the ability to report that it’s in use

and i still don’t have a working desktopview since upgrading to the beta… it worked before upgrading….

win 10 64bit, 2080 ti, odyssey original

virtuayay
    Participant

just to be really specific so i can get help:

start windows wmr portal

wmr portal loads then reports good then headset displays wmr home place.
    right click vorpx icon in bottom right of screen using mouse and real physical monitor .
    select start vorpx desktopview, left click using mouse.
    the menu you get by right-clicking on the vorpx disappears, as you would expect, then nothing else happens.
    there is no difference in the headset display of wmr portal home place.
    it worked with the nonbeta version so yes obviously i have the microsoft store “openxr for wmr” installed.

so no matter how many times i try to start the desktopview it does not open.
    normal vorpx through attachment continues to work with games that have profiles though.

for additional info please check my original post

Boblekobold
    Participant

Hi, I use the Beta, and I launched the Desktop Viewer in order to have higher resolution than my screen.

I also launched Metro Exodus but it appeard in a little screen on the left. I can’t do anything. My Reverb G2 controler don’t work (I usually don’t use controllers with VorpX anyway).

Boblekobold
    Participant

Even without Desktop Viewer, I have the same problem. I can open VorpX menu but I don’t know what to do. I suppose It’s a new environment designed to use controllers but I just want to play with my keyboard and mouse like with usual VorpX.

Boblekobold
    Participant

Ok Ok…sorry…I just had to use E Key… ‘^^

Boblekobold
    Participant

But now Metro doesn’t let me choose the resolution. I only have 5120×1440. With a real monitor It let me choose.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!