vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Nice work on getting a TLOU profile Ralf. Very cool, can’t wait to give it a try.

dborosev
    Participant

Looks great in game, but as Ralf mentioned, not quite there yet. My headset will freeze up (monitor still shows the game unfrozen), and then 10 seconds later the game will crash. Happens 5-10 min into gameplay seems like. On a 3080, doesn’t give the games usual crash noticebox, so seems like something else? All settings medium. 1440p.
    I’ll be keeping an eye on this one, looks great when it works!
    Thanks!

dborosev
    Participant

Email sent as per your guidelines.

dellrifter22
    Participant

After advancing the story a little further and turning up some graphics settings, I no longer seem to have any Z3D issues in FC6. I played 3 hours straight and everything worked great. I can finally start playing FC6 :) Thanks Ralf!

btw: There is a “Far Cry 6 Libertad” mod pack that includes an FOV unlocker which matches your in game fov setting for all animations – driving, swimming, climbing, melee etc. This works very well with FullVR mode. I do recommend.

matteo39
    Participant

now tlou start without vorpx, but with vorpx, i tries to hook, but the game won’t start…(in task manager, tlou.exe is loading..)

matteo39
    Participant

tlou start, vorpx hooks, but for update on this game, do we must download again the beta?

matteo39
    Participant

please don’t put instructions, at the start of vorpx, that needs to click right and then E…it stops the game.

matteo39
    Participant

after the prologue in 2013 (where z-normal works very good), when there is the next chapter, flickering errors with z-normal are always present…i can restart, or change resolution, or put 3d off…there is always flickering, with nvidia…

Ralf
    Keymaster

For your convenience in case the ingame hint that gets displayed each time you launch the game isn‘t clear enough. Please read carefully.

Quote from the release post for the last beta:

Concerning The Last of Us there is a little caveat: the game’s renderer apparently works heavily asynchronously and on top of that switches between different depth buffers often, which makes it quite hard for vorpX to figure out which is the right one to use for which frame. I implemented a bunch of workarounds to deal with that and things look stable with a few savegames I checked, but if you encounter heavy depth flicker or weird distortions on your machine, you may have to resort to playing in 2D.

matteo39
    Participant

On discord,i’ve rewd that 4:3 ratio Is the solution for not have flickering in tlou: in game settings there isn’t 4:3 ratio,but in vorpx settings yes,how to risolve?

matteo39
    Participant

and when i activate dlss ingame, z-normal won’t work anymore, is in 2d…

dellrifter22
    Participant

Ralf, I’m really enjoying the Z3D in FC6. It reaffirms for me how good it can look and feel with the right base profile settings.

Now as I switch back and forth between some of my other games I regularly play (using custom copied profiles), I realize how inferior their Z3D is – when limited by the profiles base values. In some cases the depth weighting is far too strong at its minimum, and sometimes the 3D strength is far too weak at it’s maximum. Really, each game needs its own set of base values.

If a full Z3D profile creation tool is too convoluted, perhaps at the very least we can get a couple sliders in the author tool to adjust the base range of 3D strength and depth weighting values – similar to how we can do with G3D authoring. I think this would be enough to satisfy the majority of cases when creating custom Z3D profiles for other games.

matteo39
    Participant

ok the flickering is persistent, only in one area, when you are 20 years in the future and start the game between the big palaces…after you go near the “food distribution center” with the people awaiting the food, flickering disappears…

now i hope there are no more areas with flickering persistent…

matteo39
    Participant

i’m downloading 49 giga of last patch for the last of us….vorpx works, but with my 2060 i have only 22 fps in big areas…

anyone play tlou on pc?

ArniVR
    Participant

After about 30-40 minutes when playing The Last of Us in Z-3D mode, the frame rate starts to drop a lot. At first, the game runs at a stable 72 fps (Quest 2 \ 72Hz) and gradually drops to 20-30. As the fps drop intensifies, the game may crash to the desktop. (i7-12700, rtx3080ti)

Uncharted 4 is absolutely stable.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!