Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t really suggest anything else than I did already, sorry. You can create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after a crash if you want and send that to support at vorpx com. No promises, but I’ll take a look at it.

johndoe
    Participant

I noticed one other post of someone seeing crashes after ~2 minutes with an 5700 XT (#198444). As most guys here seem to be using nvidia, anyone with no issues on an 5700XT?

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Will the view inside the car be adjusted or updated ? To have correct balanced projection.Now if you look around,it’s all big and bubbled.Thanks for your work on this.It doesn’t look bad walking around. Wondering if we will get the possibility of what was in gta5 with vorpx ?

Kaaliba
    Participant

@ johndoe: FYI, I’m using an RTX 2070, and I’ve got an issue that might be related. After playing Cyberpunk for 5-10 minutes in vorpX, the frame rate slows to a crawl. I have to exit out of Cyberpunk and restart to bring the frame rate back to normal. I also sometimes get crashes, but that seems to happen most frequently when I jump out of Cyberpunk to Windows and back (Alt-tab, for example). I’m still experimenting, so I’ll let you know if I figure out what’s going on.

@ Ralf: On a totally separate note, I’ve been wondering if there is a way for me to configure snap turning in Cyberpunk. I’m pretty new to vorpX (and LOVE LOVE LOVE it). I noticed in Portal that snap turning works brilliantly. I looked throughout all all the input settings, and I briefly searched these forums, though, and I can’t figure out *why* snap turning works in Portal. I’m assuming that the vorpX Portal profile maps the right control stick to do a quick X mouse movement to simulate a snap turn, but I can’t find any profile options that would do something like this. Could I beg some advice on this? I’d love to be able to implement snap turning on my own for this and other games if possible. Thank you for all you do!!!

Vince_Crusty
    Participant

Hello!

I’m using the Steam version of Cyberpunk with the Oculus Quest 2 in Steam VR mode via Virtual Desktop. I bought VorpX more than 2 years ago but never used it and have little experience with it. When I play Cyberpunk in VorpX I only have 3DoF and my field of view is a bit weird (set to 100) and I see everything through a box. It’s 3D, but it doesn’t have much to do with VR and it’s not fun. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? If it is normal, will this be improved and you will get fullVR FoV with 6DoF at some point or is that not possible?

Thanks!😋

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game FOV can’t be set high enough to match the FOV of your headset, which is necessary in FullVR mode, otherwise the image would become warped/zoomed. That is accounted for by the top/bottom bars. The next vorpX version will *likely* come with a FOV hack. I have to check first whether that has any side effects though, so it’s not entirely certain yet.

Mossfoot
    Participant

Hey, sorry if I missed references to this elsewhere, but I’m new to vorpX. Picked it up in part for this game and in part for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey next year (it won’t have built-in VR support, just screen mode in VR).

Anyway, I have an i7 10700 Intel chipset, a Zotac RTX3070, and 32GB of RAM (in case that comes up at some point).

I’m using a controller instead of mouse and keyboard, but the problem I have seems to apply for both – my headlook vertical axis is really messing with me. I just want to use my stick to turn my body left and right, but over time the thumbstick’s headlook and my actual head start to conflict. I’ll find I’m looking straight ahead in-game, but my neck is craned up to the ceiling or some such.

I could just ask if there’s a way to disable that axis, but I might as well go one step further. Any help for a noob in terms of optimising my settings for this game (HUD size, headlook issue, smoother frame rate, etc…)

Thanks in advance! :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

With your GPU a smooth frame rate shouldn’t be too big a deal. You need half the headset refresh rate ideally. If you happen to have an Index, try to set it to 90 instead of 120. If in doubt, try to disable ray tracing which will be the biggest FPS boost you can achieve with a single option (I know, I know, you probably want everything on ultra :)).

There is an option to adjust the gamepad y-axis sensitivity on the input page of the vorpX menu. It’s already reduced, but you can go quite a bit lower. I just wouldn’t reduce it to 0 entirely in case you need some y-axis movement occasionally.

With some luck DirectVR memory scanner head tracking will be possible, which would be the better option in regard to locking the y-axis. Can’t promise that yet though, will be checked next week.

Mossfoot
    Participant

Sorry, forgot to mention – the headset I’m using is a Lenovo Explorer using SteamVR.

Don’t really care for ray tracing, so I have that turned off anyway. Hell I set the graphical quality to Medium. But I still feel like the framerate isn’t ideal. Head tracking is fine, just a vague awareness of the motion not being as smooth as it could be.

I used to play Elite Dangerous on a 970 in VR, and it was playable, but I noticed a HUGE improvement on my new computer with the 3070… but this feels almost like the 970 again in terms of frame rate at the moment. So I’m wondering if I just haven’t optimized my settings for this somewhere.

Should the resolution be at the maximum (in my case, 1920X1080)?

Looking forward to further tweaks and improvements, I know this is still a new game to be messing with ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Check with ALT+F. Ideally it should show 45/90 with 45 being the game and 90 being the headset. Perfect would be 90/90, but that’s largely unrealistic with a game as demanding as this.

Mossfoot
    Participant

One thing I’m noticing using the controller is that the game seems to default to showing the keyboard controls, and flicker to showing the controller buttons only when pressed (ie it might say “Press ___ to start” (meaning space) and “Press O to Start” when a controller button is pressed).

So when looking at the HUD, the keyboard buttons also seem to take president. Is this a glitch on my end, something that will be worked out later?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guess I should create a snippet library for the three or four most repeated answers in this thread. :)

vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking, which confuses the game a bit when you play with a gamepad so that it doesn’t know which help overlay to show. Besides the game’s help overlay confusion everything works perfectly fine though, in contrast to many other games it luckily can handle simultaneous mouse/kb and gamepad input.

Mossfoot
    Participant

Still can’t seem to disable (or mostly disable) the Y-Axis. I tried the input settings and saw two features that seemed to deal with the Y-Axis… neither seemed to have any effect on the game? Am I missing something?

Mossfoot
    Participant

Oh, I should note, I am using a PS4 controller if that makes any difference (I noticed the menu refers only to XBox controllers?)

Anxelbao
    Participant

It seems that the random crashing issues at 2 – 5 minutes of play are AMD related. Here’s an rx 6800 and I always fry them. It doesn’t matter what graphic configuration you have. At 5 minutes maximum, crash !.
    My settings:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    RX 6800
    32gb ram
    Asus Rog Strix x570-f Gaming motherboard

I would also like to know how to solve the problem of the icons of the keys that flash between keyboard and xbox controller. I want them to be kept for xbox, but it seems as if I pressed some key and they are shown for keyboard and mouse

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!