Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    walikour
    Participant

crashes are not due to perfromance, there is something else and i can’t put my hand on it.
    I’ve disabled every overlay, every app, i shut down my main monitor while vr, i started cyberpunk in destop mode to see if the problem didn’t come from my vr headset, i’ve overclock, underclock, undervolt, crank up the fan speed on the blower 5700xt a fucking jet engine.
    Nothing to be done the game still crash not long after being started keep in mind i played the game during 10 hours without any crash.

bjr84
    Participant

Anyone else feelin’ how fitting having the ‘V’ in the sys tray is for this game? Vorpx is the only way to fly. Only way. This is an unreal experience…

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Do you suggest to use as is,wait for the next update or use the fov mod ?

markbradley1982
    Participant

“Anyone else feelin’ how fitting having the ‘V’ in the sys tray is for this game? Vorpx is the only way to fly. Only way. This is an unreal experience…”

Yes. Also I am amazed that the game looks and performs better on my GTX 1080 + 6700k PC inside the Vive than it does on base game consoles. And the stereoscopic 3D is absolutely unreal. I love it.

Someone here earlier reported GUI glitches when trying the game in VR using VorpX. Personally I prefer using the immersive screen mode with Cyberpunk. It makes the GUI more readable. I haven’t experienced any VorpX caused GUI glitches though. Everything looks fantastic, and I don’t notice any Z3D artifacts during normal play.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I ended up using the first cloud profile released for Cyberpunk which works pretty well, but how do I update to the latest profile? I’m still using the original profile.

One thing though is I actually like the 2.0 Z3D (the artifacts are far too subtle to bother me) and will probably keep that, however I did change from full VR to immersive screen which I think is the superior way to go since it gives easy access to the GUI without edgepeek.

dborosev
    Participant

Your profile database should update automatically, I don’t think you need to do anything, you are always using the current profile.
    Yeah, I prefer cinema/immersive modes too for the same reasons. Plus performance.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The actual performance is the same in FullVR and immersive screen/cinema mode (given the same game settings/resolution). Very low framerates (<30fps) can feel more comfortable using one of the screen modes, but should still be avoided.

matteo39
    Participant

there are some visual glitches when i enable a menu or the inventory, and then i return into the game. If i reload the game, there is no more glitch

cdprojektblue
    Participant

What are people with RTX cards doing with res/DLSS? Is it worth enabling ultra performance to try to hit the highest possible resolution?

Mazzle
    Participant

For those of you who thought something might be wrong with your automatic profile updates, it may be because you never exited Vorpx or rebooted your machine since the update was released. I thought the same thing until I realized that Vorpx only checks for updates upon launch. (It turns out I seldom did either of those things prior to Cyberpunk crashes.)

Mazzle
    Participant

To follow up on my previous question about resolution, I think I see a bit more about what’s going on. Originally, I wasn’t seeing any visual difference when switching the resolution in vorpx menu. I think this is because vorpx was always setting the resolution to 1920 after restarting the game, even if my “preferred” resolution was set higher. I’m guessing that means that vorpx decided that 1920 was the closest resolution to my preferred resolution that my specs can pull off reasonably. Is that what’s going on?

If so, does that also mean that switching resolution in vorpx is exactly the same thing as switching the resolution in the game, the only differences being that it won’t occur until you restart and it will consider the custom resolutions we added, which aren’t available in the game’s settings?

(If what I’m guessing is at all accurate, is there any way to force it to try one of the higher resolutions we added that Vorpx might think is too high?)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, technically it’s the same, vorpX changes the same .ini values that the game changes.

Whenever the auto resolution feature is available, vorpX calculates the resolution based on a variety of different factors following guidelines that are defined per game in the DirectVR part of the game profile. It’s a bit convoluted to explain, but you can trust that the choice it makes is a reasonable one.

If you want to max out things, try one of the higher quality presets in the DirectVR menu and see what still works for you framerate wise. Just be aware that if for example you choose ‘1440p’ as quality preset, the end result won’t necessarily be a 1440p res. What vorpX actually does when figuring out the best resolution is trying to maintain a certain pixel density that fits the chosen quality preset regardless of any vorpX settings that affect it.

Sounds odd, I know, just trust me that it all makes sense. I probably should rename the quality presets to something like ‘low’, ‘med’, ‘high’ and so on, which would be less confusing.

walikour
    Participant

Anyone with 5700xt managed to solve their crashing problems ?

Edgenier
    Participant

This is good to know, I was assuming the different resolution values (2160p, 2400p etc for me) in the VORPX menu were just trying to force that resolution. However, when I look at the game settings, the resolution isn’t necessarily what was set in VORPX, so I would manually set both the game settings resolution to 2400p and the VORPX menu resolution to 2400p. Now that you say the VORPX resolution is more like a “preset” and end result doesn’t necessarily equal that resolution, then I may try playing around with keeping the in game resolution high and lowering the VORPX “preset” to see if I can gain a couple more FPS needed to lock my Reverb G2 at 45/90.

I’m running a 10900K and RTX 3090 both OC, and i’m able to set in-game medium settings with RTX Medium and DLSS Auto to get a locked 45/90 (also FOV 120 with tweak). However, I am infatuated with DLSS Quality and unwilling to give up RTX (also unwilling to lower Resolution), and I get 42/43ish FPS with that combination. So I will be looking into these other tweaks like upping the GPUPOOL etc.

However, I am here to ask why I can easily hit 90+ FPS on everything ultra + psycho RTX without VORPX, while the game utilizes 98% of my GPU and likewise around 450W, but with VORPX on medium I can’t lock 45/90 unless I sacrifice DLSS Quality or RTX, while it is only utilizing ~80% of my GPU which is confirmed by only pulling around 380W? The CPU usage is always really low so it’s not CPU bottlenecked. Where is the bottleneck with VORPX when GPU isn’t allowed to go past 80%?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The locking to 45 (half your headset refresh rate) happens on purpose to keep things smooth. In this particular case that even is enforced on every game start due to the game’s high hardware requirements. You can unlock it (Fluid Sync in the vorpX menu), which will also lead to higher GPU usage, but you will probably find that steady 45fps are worth more than full GPU usage with an uneven game/headset FPS ratio.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!