Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Edgenier
    Participant

Thanks, yea I understand that if you can’t hit 90FPS it goes with 45/90. However, I am talking about in the case where I can’t quite lock 45/90, I don’t understand where the bottleneck is when GPU usage is ~80% and CPU usage is ~60% tops. It would seem there is enough headroom for more FPS (that extra inch to get from 42/43fps to 45fps locked), especially when I can get twice the FPS outside of VORPX with full utilization.

Obneiric
    Participant

I had the same experience @ Edgenier when trying to use RT with my 3080. RT seems to cause way more of a performance hit in vorpx than flatscreen for whatever reason even though all other settings run as expected, in my case I assume its VRAM-related but unlikely with a 3090.

markbradley1982
    Participant

“Your profile database should update automatically, I don’t think you need to do anything, you are always using the current profile.
    Yeah, I prefer cinema/immersive modes too for the same reasons. Plus performance.”

But my Z3D settings are still 2.0 (which I personally like) and my custom settings of using immersive screen is still there (which I also like).

Also like Ralf said, in my experience the performance is exactly the same in VR mode vs immersion screen. I only prefer immersive screen because it’s way better for the GUI since you no longer need edgepeek and there is no harm in immersion. It may even be more immersive since it doesn’t require perfect FOV that matches your headset.

I still like full VR mode in other games especially in games where Direct VR scans allow for true positional 6 dof headtracking.

And I am still blown away how well Cyberpunk looks and runs inside the Vive especially compared to how it looks like on base consoles. Ralf is really doing an awesome job with these VorpX updates.

dborosev
    Participant

When I said performance, I was referring to being able to tolerate lower FPS on those modes, where in full VR, you need to have higher FPS to not puke.

markbradley1982
    Participant

“I was referring to being able to tolerate lower FPS on those modes, where in full VR, you need to have higher FPS to not puke.”

Fluidsync which is VorpX’s built in reprojection system helps address that pretty effectively.

Also I just got the new VorpX update about the old version corrupting VorpX configs if you used a gamepad. I did briefly use a gamepad with Cyberpunk and even used it to access VorpX overlay menu but I don’t believe I saved any settings though I can’t remember for sure. What are the symptoms of a corrupt VorpX config?

I ending up finding mouse and keyboard more comfortable for Cyberpunk in VorpX and it’s been running fine, so I don’t think my VorpX settings are corrupt. I had Cyberpunk randomly crash on me before, but I fixed that by using a borderless window. Now it’s super stable, performs great, and even looks great.

I still don’t understand why some people say headset resolution is too low on the Vive for virtual screens. 1080p output into the headset (which is in theory more like 480p due to optical magnification) still looks better than 1080p when output to my 70 inch 4k Sharp tv using the TV’s built in scaler such as when I use the Nintendo Switch on my TV with a 1080p supported game like Mario Odyssey.

In comparison 1080p content looks super nice in my Vive without any annoying aliasing. Text is probably the only part that feels like 480p content due to how blurry it looks, but everything else looks fantastic and the perceived resolution looks better than 480p. And headset resolution is only getting better with models like the HP Reverb2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Obneric

While doing a bit of research yesterday I came across several posts in general CP2077 discussions where people suggested that the game would sometimes perform worse directly after changing settings until it is restarted. Don’t really recall to have observed that myself, so it’s just a guess, but maybe that’s what happened to you.

@ markbradley

Difficult to say how the settings corruption manifests itself excatly, isn’t always the same. There was some weird glitch were using either the ‘Cancel’ (restores the prior settings) or the ‘OK & SAVE’ (saves the current settings) button with a gamepad caused a “feedback loop” that made some settings change randomly before eventually vorpX crashed. If in doubt, it’s best to do the suggested factory reset, that way you can be sure everything is as it is supposed to again.

markbradley1982
    Participant

@Ralf

I decided to do a factory default reset just to play it safe. However I noticed that after the factory reset, the Z3D settings are still set to 2.0 (though it did reset back to VR view from my immersive screen mode). Didn’t you mention that you reduced the Z3D settings slightly under 2.0 for the latest Cyberpunk profile or did I misunderstand something?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That was related to a base parameter dialed in during authoring, the 2.0 you see in the menu are the right default value.

markbradley1982
    Participant

When a profile is updated, do I need to do anything if it’s updated without a new VorpX build being pushed?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Between vorpX updates there are occasional profile database updates, which also come automatically (checked when launching vorpX), so as far as official profiles are concerned you are up-to-date automatically for the most part.

Every now on then I may push a single fix to the profile cloud, but for a popular title like CP2007 there will always be an automatic database update in that case, so you can be sure to always get the latest one automatically.

Ralf
    Keymaster

A little heads-up for AMD GPU users with frequent crashes: I think I cracked the issue. Seems to be related to some nVidia functions the game uses, which probably do something different when they run on an AMD GPU. Would explain why only AMD is affected. I was able to work around that by hooking into DX12 in a different way.

Played the whole ‘Nomad’ start again on a 5700XT until after the first mission in the city (almost an hour of gameplay) without a single crash, so I guess it’s safe to say all is well using this method. The only downside is that currently I can’t get the scalable HUD working for (yet) unknown reasons. Will give that another shot tomorrow. Would be a relatively small price to pay though, I think.

An update containing the required changes will be released early next week, with some luck even before the weekend, but don’t count on that.

walikour
    Participant

You are a legend !

Kaaliba
    Participant

Hello all!

I’ve having a heck of a time getting getting Cyberpunk to run well with vorpX. I’ve spent probably 6 hours troubleshooting, and I’m still at it, but I’d love any pointers. =)

When I first start the game or load a save, the game runs beautifully. I’m getting 45/90 fps. After a period of time (anywhere from about 30 seconds to 10 minutes), the fps drops dramatically and never recovers. From this point on, I typically get 10-25 fps on both the game an headset. Loading a save does not help. To get the fps back to normal, I have to quit out completely and restart Cyberpunk.

As part of troubleshooting, I’ve decreased video settings to the lowest “Low” they will go. I’m running with an RTX 2070 and Core i-9900K (neither overclocked). I’m currently using a Quest 2 via Oculus Link, and my USB C cable passes Oculus’ tests. I’m currently testing with my resolution set to 1600×1680 (since that’s the closest to what my Quest 2 is currently running per eye), though I’ve tried lowering the resolution and that has not helped. I’m not having trouble with any other VR software, and vorpX generally works great for me!

I suspect that the combination of Oculus and Steam VR might be contributing to the problem. I’ve noticed that I can trigger the poor fps situation if I press the Oculus home button to show Oculus menus. When I press the Oculus home button again to go back to Cyberpunk, the fps problem appears every single time. I’ve also noticed that if I start Cyberpunk with any Oculus overlays (e.g., I had the Windows Task Manager pinned as part of my troubleshooting), the Cyberpunk starts at a poor fps and never reaches 45/90.

I’d greatly appreciate any thoughts! The game looks amazing at 45/90, and I’d love to see if I can figure out how to get it to stay that way! Thanks so much!

dborosev
    Participant

This might be dumb as hell, but for VorpX games the ritual I’ve gotten into with Oculus (I’ve had Vive and Odyssey before this) is to just open Oculus, then vorpX, then run the game. I don’t directly do anything with SteamVR.
    Always seems to work. Take it for the superstition it is.

Kaaliba
    Participant

Thanks, @ dborosev!

I appreciate the thoughts. I’m generally not actually touching SteamVR either, but I am opening the game from Steam. I’ll try to see if launching the game exe file without opening Steam might somehow help.

Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!