Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Mossfoot
    Participant

Hey, there was a recent update that told me I needed to reset factory settings afterwards, which I did, but I can’t seem to get CP2077 to connect again… its just sticks on “Attaching to Cyberpunk 2077.”

When I first got the game it connected easily without any fuss, so I’m not sure what the problem is now?

Kaaliba
    Participant

Gotcha, @Ralf, and I totally hear you regarding not remembering every little detail of a program. I’ve certainly been there plenty! =)

I really appreciate all the insight and help. I feel much more proficient in vorpX after all this.

I’m also happy to say that Cyberpunk is now running *beautifully* on my system.
    For those in this forum that might be also be struggling with fps, here are the things that helped the most:

– Setting the resolution as @Ralf recommended from the beginning (sheepish grin). I’m currently running the DirectVR setting “1920p”, which sets my resolution to 2560 x 1440.

– Setting my Quest 2 resolution to 0.9x (2784 x 1408). This made a HUGE difference. Thank you, @ monazou !!!

– Setting Cyberpunk graphics settings to “High” and then also setting DLSS to “Performance”. Anything higher than this and I get fps drops.

Using those settings, the game is crisp and beautiful, and I’m usually getting 45 fps in the game and 90 fps in the headset. THANK YOU!!!

Kaaliba
    Participant

Hey @ Mossfoot :

Are you using an Oculus system? If you are, be sure that you set your “Device Selection” to “SteamVR (Index, Vive, WMR, Pimax etc.)” in the General settings of vorpX Configuration. I had to set this again after installing the vorpX update. vorpX can’t hook into Cyberpunk with the normal “Oculus” settings–I think due to the version of DirectX?

Good luck!

Mossfoot
    Participant

I have a WMR headset, and had set them to SteamVR (WMR) in general settings.

Kaaliba
    Participant

Ah, gotcha. Okay, sorry. That was the only trick I had to do to get hooking to work.

NSAgent
    Participant

I know some people mentioned crashes. Well, I think I may have figured something out. I played in Vorpx for around an hour doing a mission and when it was over, I hoped on my bike and drove for a couple of minutes then crash. I came back later, autosave put me right when I got on the bike, this time I drove a few minutes fine for a few, then a couple of frame drops, then crash.

It seems like driving a vehicle was doing it. Anyone get the same thing?

Kaaliba
    Participant

@ NSAgent, maybe try turning down you settings a notch or three before driving? I just noticed that my fps took a nose dive during my last drive scene. It didn’t crash, but maybe the issues are related? Seems driving is much more taxing on resources, which makes sense with so much being rendered so quickly.

NSAgent
    Participant

I thought much the same, thanks bro, I’m gonna do just that

Ralf
    Keymaster

A little PSA for RTX card users: after fumbling around with settings all day, I’d recommend to disable DLSS. If you enable it, at least use the ‘Quality’ option. No DLSS may mean you have to disable ray tracing for performance reasons, but in turn image clarity is considerably better at the same resolution. DLSS is a neat trick, but when you look at the final image as close as you do in a VR headset, you can clearly see that DLSS renders at a lower resolution originally and then upscales. AI or not, that just isn’t as good as actually rendering at the higher resolution.

Edgenier
    Participant

I agree, this is why I won’t give up DLSS Quality even at 3200 x 2400 (with FOV 120). I’m debating whether to disable RTX to gain a locked 45/90, or take the slight hit with RTX Medium at around 42-43 FPS and even some higher settings, because this engine seems to be good at “smoothing” things out. Even 40fps doesn’t feel too bad.

RJK_
    Participant

The today media says Sony is taking the game off the market. Donno if that counts for playstation games only or for the PC game too.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeah driving does seem to tank my performance as well on this game. Something (cpu?) can’t keep up with it. Hopefully the 1.5 patch will address this.
    The annoying part for me is that knowing there are so many bugs in the game, I’m starting to question everything.
    For instance, I was on the “find the cabs” mission, and the first one I found, I was supposed to damage it, so I shoot the car a bit, and all of a sudden these level 50 gang members decide I’m trying to fight them, and obliterate me with one shot.
    Is that a part of the game, or just some random bug? Who knows. Rinse repeat.

kurry
    Participant

I’ve heard people on youtube talking about a shimmer around characters when playing with vorpx. Would this mod work to help remove the shimmer?
    Alternative Character Lighting
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/237
    I’m getting my new video card on Tuesday, so I haven’t had a chance to test it.

Kaaliba
    Participant

I can’t say that I’ve noticed any shimmer, personally. Maybe it just doesn’t bother me, but I think the characters look great as they are.

NSAgent
    Participant

So it seems that I was wrong. I got a crash walking down the street a few minutes after I started. I changed my setting to low, 3d is off. I wish I could get the crashes to stop! 😩 Could it be my PC isn’t up to snuff?

CPU – Ryzen 3700x
    GPU – GTX 1070ti
    RAM – 16 gig

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!