Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

It’s not your PC. Everytime it crashes on me, I just go and play something else. I figure a patch down the road or Ralf’s magic touch will fix it sooner or later.

dborosev
    Participant

No crashes for me. Though I have to say I’ve been a bit disappointed so far in the game itself. Its like they polished the living crap out of half of the game, and then just added the bare-bones stubbed-out missions to the other half.
    Reminds me of someone writing a lot of text on a small card, and they get near the bottom of the card with no room left for the other half of what they wanted to write. So they just cram it in there.
    Maybe by patch 1.10 it’ll be more complete.

NSAgent
    Participant

Hey do you mind giving me some details about you settings? Maybe there’s something I can do to stop the crashes!

Fritomaster
    Participant

Without g3d its got paper mario levels of 3D. Looks terrible and obviously causes even more bugs. I have yet to find a game thats even slightly more enjoyable with vorpx after 30 mins.

Dave
    Participant

I stopped playing because of many crashes, too. I will try i again when patch 1.05 is released for PC. I will try to solve the Problem by trial and error in the game settings, Nvidia drivers and Mainboard Bios settings. With my Hardware Specs (Ryzen 7 + RTX 3080) the most important things are to clean all CP77 related files on the SSD and do a clean boot of Windows and do a fresh install of the game without any manual changes in the settings and let Geforce Experience choose the settings of the game. Mods and extra FOV settings are crashing every 10 Minutes. In 4:3 or 16:10 i have the best results in exclusive Fullscreen and 2880×2160 and 3456×2160 until today. I wish that the patch 1.05 will prevent my crashes. All of my numerous other games working decent !

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have a fairly similar configuration on my main box here (Ryzen 5800X, RTX3080) and played through the first hour of the game several times with that. I would recommend to try something more modest resolution wise (e.g. 1440p) and maybe settings wise to tax the GPU a bit less.

Apart from that: there will be a vorpX update early next week that changes the way vorpX hooks into D3D12 to resolve crashes on Radeon GPUs. Although your issue can’t be directly the same with an nVidia card, maybe it’s some odd conflict that gets resolved by the changed hooking method. Worth a shot to try again next week.

markbradley1982
    Participant

“Without g3d its got paper mario levels of 3D. Looks terrible and obviously causes even more bugs. I have yet to find a game thats even slightly more enjoyable with vorpx after 30 mins.”

Personally I love the 3D effect. Works great for this type of graphically intense AAA game and looks good enough for me even though I do agree that G3D has better 3D reconstruction albeit with a major performance hit. But honestly the Z3D effect looks fantastic on Cyberpunk. Feels like an extremely well 3D done conversion of a movie shot in 2D (Edge of Tomorrow or Dr Strange for example) and with minimal performance impact.

Also I already have 22 hours with VorpX in Cyberpunk (Z3D). 110 hours in Rocket League (G3D) And 250 hours in New Vegas (G3D; Direct VR, stood room scale using a wireless Xbox).

With Cyberpunk I am playing this on my Vive with VorpX instead of playing on my 70 inch 4k TV that the PC is hooked up to.

markbradley1982
    Participant

“I stopped playing because of many crashes, too. I will try i again when patch 1.05 is released for PC. I will try to solve the Problem by trial and error in the game settings, Nvidia drivers and Mainboard Bios settings. With my Hardware Specs (Ryzen 7 + RTX 3080) the most important things are to clean all CP77 related files on the SSD and do a clean boot of Windows and do a fresh install of the game without any manual changes in the settings and let Geforce Experience choose the settings of the game. Mods and extra FOV settings are crashing every 10 Minutes. In 4:3 or 16:10 i have the best results in exclusive Fullscreen and 2880×2160 and 3456×2160 until today. I wish that the patch 1.05 will prevent my crashes. All of my numerous other games working decent !”

Any chance Geforce Experience is causing the problem? I’ve had issues with that in the past and ended up uninstalling it. Also for me personally, all of my crashing issues with Cyberpunk stopped when I started using a borderless window in Cyberpunk. It’s been running smooth like butter ever since.

sgearr
    Participant

@ralf
    I have a radeon 570 and the game keeps crashing with vorpX every 10 minutes our so. Do you believe it is the VorpX hooking our the game itself. I have used virtual desktop/steamer and oculus link but link requires me to roll back the drivers a couple of versions but the game still crash very frequently.

Ogrescar
    Participant

IMO, the only thing you can rely on Geforce Experience to do is to screw up your settings, in this or any other game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ sgarr:

The problem appears to be related to some nVidia code in the game, which probably does something else on AMD hardware than it does on nVidia hardware, which for whatever reason causes these crashes.

The next vorpX update will come with a new D2D12 hooking method that helps with the issue. I played the ‘Nomad’ start until after the first mission in the city (about on hour straight) with a Radeon 5700XT twice now, so I think it’s safe to say the Radeon issue is gone.

The update will be released early next week.

sgearr
    Participant

@ralf
    Nice can’t wait. Thanks for all that you do man.

NSAgent
    Participant

Thanks Ralf for all the hard work, looking forward to the update!

dborosev
    Participant

@ Fritomaster,
    then you’re doing it wrong.

bravekat
    Participant

@ Kaaliba

I was having the same issue with fps starting out great, then dropping and never recovering. Looks like you have mostly solved the issue, but want to mention to everyone that I noticed the cause for me was primarily from using photomode in a non standard resolution like 2880 x 1600. I have similar setup, RTX 2070, I7 9700k, valve index. Every time I snapped a photo, the game fps would drop progressively to the point of reaching 0 fps then crash. I noticed this seems to be a CP77 bug and not vorpx, as the photos taken in 2880 x 1600 resolution will be saved as 1920 x 1080 photos instead of 2880 x 1600. I changed the resolution to 2560 x 1440 and no fps drops occur and the photos saved are in the matching 2560 x 1440 resolution. I still get fps drops when switching from vorpx to the steam vr overlay but the fps recovers when going back into vorpx.

@ Ralf

Thankyou, CP77 is amazing in vorpx, loving Z3D!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!