Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    thealx
    Participant

After the update and even with the new compatible version I seem to be stuck in EdgePeek mode. Is there a trick to this? Do I need a clean install?

onetoo
    Participant

That’s some fast work! I’ve been trying to wait this one out a bit and finish a few other games instead, while Cyberpunk actually becomes a finished product. This is all *so* tempting though, dang it! (Note, I’ve looked-up a couple YouTubes comparing the two latest patches already, and it does look at this point as if the 1.5 update has dramatically impacted frame-rates. People might want to consider making a backup of your 1.31 install just in case. Example https://youtu.be/CVHAInmcSfM?t=82 ).

Looks like it’s down to Raytracing and Ralph said to disable that.

Comments from the video.

“Performance decrease is due to the add of extra shadowing through raytracing (the one that is used for the next gen consoles).”

“Yes, you are correct. In the past RT shadows were casting only from the sun and moon, right now all shadows are raytraced.”

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ thealx:

Normally just running the update should suffice, but if in doubt try to remove the prior mod version first and then reinstall. Not entirely impossible that the install failed for one or the other reason. The mod version number shown in the game window should be ‘alpha5a’, the ‘a’ indicates that the latest version is installed.

@ drowhunter:

The Index grip release sensitivity essentially is already ‘no force’ now. Actually 5% to account for potential sensor problems, but that doesn’t really make a difference. Thanks again for the idea.

A punch gesture exists. As far as I’m aware the game only has one melee action though and randomly decides what it actually does when you perform a melee attack. So the punch gesture doesn’t really do anything different than the other melee gestures, it’s just there to add more variety. If there is a way to reliably perform a dedicated punch move in the game, let me know. I’d be more than happy to bind that to the punch gesture.

I tinkered with hand aiming while the ADS gesture is active, and it works while you are actually aiming, BUT: …

Edit:

Well, after writing the above it dawned on me that it was only true before pitch leveling had been added…

I uploaded a new build with ADS hand aiming enabled (unless you turned off pitch leveling in the menu). Head aim still also works to stay consistent with non-ADS aiming, hands can be used for fine grained control on top.

VRified Games
    Participant

When I play now the screen is like edge peek/immersive screen

Pressing the edge peek button does nothing

There also doesn’t appear to be any 3d, I have cycled through the settings and the screen appears the same

Is this due to the update?

Anyone else have this issue?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need Cyberpunk updated to 1.5 and the latest mod version.

An older Cyberpunk with the latest mod or Cyberpunk 1.5 with an older mod will both cause what you see.

If you have Cyberpunk 1.5 and the latest mod and it still doesn’t work, try to uninstall the mod first before reinstalling. Shouldn’t be necessary, but can’t hurt.

VRified Games
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, does the mod update automatically or is there a download I’m not seeing?

Love the gesture system by the way

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks! Got even nicer since an hour or so with hand aiming while aiming down sights.

You have to download it manually from the regular mod download page. That always links to the latest version. I think I’ll add an update check with the next larger release, the 1.5 Cyberpunk update probably wasn’t the last that breaks the mod.

Download

VRified Games
    Participant

Thanks Ralf I’ll give that,a try now

Nice to hear about hand aiming….like a wiimote, I love it

VRified Games
    Participant

Sadly that didn’t do it

Still in edge peek

I’ll try reinstalling the game and see

Thanks for the help though:-)

Ralf
    Keymaster

There was a weird issue earlier in the thread where someone couldn’t download an updated build because their internet provider or their browser or whoever still had an older version cached. Just in case it’s the same for you it might be worth a shot to download with a phone via your mobile connection.

Also try to uninstall the mod before reinstalling, shouldn’t really be necessary, but can’t hurt.

drowhunter
    Participant

Well, after writing the above it dawned on me that it was only true before pitch leveling had been added…

I uploaded a new build with ADS hand aiming enabled (unless you turned off pitch leveling in the menu). Head aim still also works to stay consistent with non-ADS aiming, hands can be used for fine grained control on top.

This is great, it should improve the gesture based aiming significantly, as it didn’t make any sense to head aim while holding your hands up. Especially when you were looking in a direction away from your raised hands.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Feels certainly more real to be able to change the view with your hands. Although when you super consequently aim down sights like you actually would in reality (i.e. hand and head rotation synced while looking around) head aim only isn’t too shabby either since you can’t really tell whether hands or head govern the actual change.

Still a lot nicer now, just feels more correct this way.

mstmorse
    Participant

Had to delete mod to get it to run without edgepeek mode only. Works great other than my guns still pointing to the left, even after re-centering head in vorpx menu. There is a reticle there pointing forward though. My question is, when talking about bumping the resolution up for RTX cards, are you talking about in the game graphics menu, or in the vorpx menu?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Use the ‘Resolution Quality’ option in the vorpX menu to change the resolution as suggested by the ingame instructions, which I mistakenly thought would finally be completely impossible to ignore. ;)

Not sure about the gun pointing issue. That sounds really weird. Does that happen while you are walking around normally or when switching to aiming down sights?

Make sure to not turn your actual body after recentering! The mod is supposed to be played front facing. To turn your ingame character use the right thumbstick (or the mouse).

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ drowhunter:

Not sure if that’s what you meant earlier in regard to punching, but I uploaded another small update that now let’s you also perform the punch gesture with a gun equipped, not just with a melee weapon. I had missed that one before.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!