Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Game updates apparently each time break the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework. Please either wait ten minutes until I have uploaded a new version of the mod that includes the latest CET from earlier today or install it manually: https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/getting-started

Zel1984
    Participant

Ah, there was another update on top of the 1.5 update, i guess that messed things up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

2022/02/19

Version alpha6a is now available. This update adds compatibility with today’s Cyberpunk hotfix update. No other changes.

Download

3oxis
    Participant

I’m one who’s used to having the right words for the right situations but I can’t seem to do that for this comment…Your VR mod for Cyberpunk 2077 has not only inspired my creativity but has changed my life for the best. I was very mad that your hard work was not being properly recognized but then again, greatness takes time to approach the light. Thank you Ralf for this. I appreciate your hardwork and consistency.
    You’re my hero.

Jools92
    Participant

Excellent mod, really enjoying it so far. Taking in Night City in all its glory is genuinely ‘breathtaking’!

Sadly though, I’m having the same issue as Demuse and xt4k – frequent crashes upon leaving the menu, almost always after using more demanding tabs like the Map or Inventory. Exiting store/ripperdoc interfaces does not result in any crashes however. I had a similar crash after exiting the Map interface on a fast-travel point. I’ve followed your advice for graphics settings (medium, with DLSS) and running at ‘Phenominal’ resolution with great performance on a 3080 (using a Quest 2 via Link). I normally have between 800-300mb of VRAM headroom, and GPU veers between 60-90% usage.

Can confirm that entering the menu in edge-peak seems to decrease the number of crashes, but does not eliminate them. I’ve done a clean re-install twice now with no luck, and tried running it at less demanding resolutions with pretty much every VorpX setting on and off. Ultimately switching back to regular old pancake mode does seem to resolve whatever is causing the crashes, so likely not an issue with the regular game.

As a stop-gap, would it be possible to allow us to more easily turn the standalone VR mod off (perhaps via the configuration tool?) without having to completely uninstall it and lose all our settings? It’s not perfect but at least we could reliably change our equipment, add perks points etc, and then head back into VR. At least until a full fix is available.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can temporarily disable/enable the mod by moving vpxCP2077.asi from [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins to your desktop and back.

As far as the issue is concerned:

First and foremost: please try without any changes in the mod settings aside from potentially changing the resolution. There is no need to tinker with settings, the mod works as intended without any changes in the settings menu.

That aside:

If that doesn’t help, it would be great if for testing purposes you could start a new game with no other mod installed than the VR mod and check whether the issue also occurs with that new game, especially if you had other mods installed before, Most importantly: please let me know whether that helps or not.

I’m totally in the dark as far as this issue is concerned and unfortunately haven’t gotten any feedback in that respect so far. Since the issue popped up out of the blue after the 1.5 patch without any actual changes to the mod aside from some gesture related fixes, it’s possible that the issue isn’t actually triggered by the mod, but by a corrupted savegame, e.g. from some pre 1.5 mod that stored settings in the savegame that the patch 1.5 doesn’t like.

Long story short: To help you I need your help.

Jools92
    Participant

Thanks for looking in to this. Can confirm these crashes happened after starting a new game, using a fresh unmodded install of version 1.5 (pre-hotfix). I actually encountered the crash for the first time after completing the character creator (uninstalled the VR mod to get around this issue, then reinstalled after I had a new game ready).

I tried re-installing then playing without changing any of the mod’s settings, but there was no change in the number of crashes sadly.

Being able to easily turn the Vr mod on and off is very helpful though, much appreciated

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, thanks. That’s valuable information. What I need now are a few things that might help me to reproduce the problem:

1. Your Cyberpunk config file:
    C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\Usersettings.json

2. The vorpX log file directly after you encountered a crash
    C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\temp\vorpx.log

if you can’t see the AppData folder, enable “Show hidden files” in Windows Explorer.

3. A savegame with this issue (one is enough) and the user.gls file from:
    C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

4. The entire cyber_engine_tweaks folder (has to be the entire folder!) from
    [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins

Please pack these into a ZIP file and send it to support(at)vorpx(dot)com as an e-mail attachment. With some luck that will help me to reproduce the problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ 3oxis :

Thanks! You’re welcome.

@ Jools92 :

Got your trouble shoot data. Nothing obvious in the logs unfortunately, but I’ll check next week whether your config and save files maybe help to shed some light on the matter.

Demuse
    Participant

I’ve been reading online about a few more people (without vorpX) having severe FPS drops for several seconds related to the inventory and map, specifically. Lots of unconfirmed theories about it being related to GPU, video memory, DLSS, etc, but a recurring comment is the problem gets worse at higher graphics settings and resolutions. My guess is there’s an existing issue with v1.5 that only affects a few people, and normally just causes a 5-second lag spike, but it interacts with the VR mod in a bad way. The fix might have to come from CD Projekt Red? That said, I only ever crash out with the VR mod installed, not once while playing pancake.

I started clean, again: removed CET and the mod, and checked integrity of the game files in Steam. (Every time I do that after installing-and-removing CET and the mod, one or two small files fail integrity and get re-downloaded?) Then I got the latest CET and installed it manually (instead of using Vortex, thanks for the link above, Ralf!) and then the latest VR mod. Then I played for 2 hours with no crashes. (On my saved game with 100 hours played.) I completed several gigs, drove all around town, checked the map, looked at my inventory a few times. Then back to V’s apartment to change my loadout from my stash, and the crashes are back, every time. It seems worse in the apartment… or maybe that’s just where I usually change my loadout, from my stash?

So clean install again and tried to start a new game, but it always crashes — I’ve tried four times — right after character creation, before the game starts, 3/4 through the loading progress bar. I can’t start a new game with the VR mod installed. Maybe that’s related? I hope Jools92 and xt4k can confirm.

Then I removed the VR mod and started new and played through the intro until the first mission (The Rescue) where I could save and also change my inventory. Before exiting I open inventory several times with no problem. Then I re-installed VR, changed no settings at all, opened that saved game, and immediately crashed when exiting inventory. That’s with a new character, no mods except CET, all default settings.

Since then I’ve just been opening my same old saved game and trying everything to turn the problem on or off. It’s maddeningly inconsistent. I open the save (in V’s apartment) and just open and close the inventory screen, and crash out, 3 times in a row. But when I open that save then walk out into the hallway and back in, then it doesn’t crash no matter what I do. Then for a while I can open that save and I can’t make it crash. Later I open that same save and reliably crash again, every time. A few more times I’ve removed the VR mod and then no matter what I do it never crashes. Reinstall the VR mod and it starts crashing again. I even tried using SteamVR instead of OpenXR but it still crashed.

I have confirmed that I can crash just by opening and exiting the inventory, map, or crafting screens; I don’t need to actually change my loadout. And it never crashes from the journal or character screens, or just the game menu, even though they all toggle edge-peek — it must be related to the 3D rendering of V or the city map or the weapons and armor. Also, when I change the in-game resolution up to 3840×2160 then I’m almost certain to crash every time. But I have also kept the resolution at the VR mod default or even lowered it to 1280×720 and still crashed there too, but it seems less often at lower res.

It feels to me like there’s, I dunno, a graphics memory leak or bad address? Related to the 3D rendering of objects in those menus, and maybe only with certain hardware? The game gets into a state where exiting inventory is the trigger, and the VR mod makes it worse, but neither is the root cause, something else happens first. And that state can sometimes be changed by just walking around.

Zel1984
    Participant

Small workaround for the map crashing that is working for me at the moment, when leaving map instead of going straight back to the game use the skip time function & skip time for an hour or two, doing that automatically goes back to game without crashing for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Weird that I can’t replicate that here no matter how hard I try.

If anyone of you happens to have the regular vorpX (I think you do Zel1984?), could you please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app? Won’t contain any mod specific information, but some data about your system that might be useful for me.

Please send that to support(at)vorpx(dot)com as an e-mail attachment.

Ruchir
    Participant

Hi all.
    Is the standalone Cyberpunk VR mod compatible with the main Vorpx installation? Do they clash in any way? Does the main/paid VorpX installation enhance the standalone mod in any way?

Zel1984
    Participant

@Ralf, that is the data archive sent, hopefully it helps.

Ruchir
    Participant

Hi all.
    Is the standalone Cyberpunk VR mod compatible with the main Vorpx installation? Do they clash in any way? Does the main/paid VorpX installation enhance the standalone mod in any way?

Secondly, is there a way to bypass the standalone mod to launch the game in normal mode without uninstalling the mod?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!