Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like it could be a version mismatch between your Cyberpunk version and the mod version. Both should be the latest ones. Just checked the most recent Steam and GOG versions of the game with the latest mod version, so that combination should definitely work.

If you are sure everything is up-to-date and you you happen to have other mods installed, check whether the issue also occurs without other mods.

Also the regular vorpX should be paused or turned off while using the standalone mod.

Burglecutt
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply and suggestions. Sadly I already have made sure the versions are up to date, and this is the only mod I have installed for Cyberpunk. The same issues continue; game usually will not launch at all (seems to work randomly), and when the game does launch it has bugs in the HUD and resolution that won’t go away.

Only thing I can think of is my game crashed unexpectedly a couple days ago and I got the steam message that my cloud files were out of synch, which I then resynched. Doesn’t seem to be related but at this point I’m grasping at straws.

Is there any way to manually move the corner HUD elements closer to the center of the screen? Thanks again for your help and time.

Demuse
    Participant

I use the HUDitor mod to move and resize the HUD elements to my liking. But it sounds like you have other issues to resolve. Did you fully remove both the CyberpunkVR mod and Cyber Engine Tweaks, verify the game files, then reinstall the latest versions of CET and CyberpunkVR?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Burglecutt:

If you don’t need the flexibility of adjusting HUD elements individually, you can also scale the entire HUD to your liking on the ‘Image’ page of the settings menu.

Burglecutt
    Participant

Thanks Ralf and Demuse for the replies. I tried everything again and still have the same problems. Uninstalled the standalone Cyberpunk vorpx mod, manually removed the four CET files. Verified game files and restarted/reinstalled. The only change is the game launches more reliably now, but once in game it’s the same resolution issues and HUD elements so far in the corners they are useless as well as the missing chat option problem. This wouldn’t be half as frustrating if everything didn’t work perfectly fine three days ago. Anyway it was a complete blast while it worked!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Very weird. What happens when you change the HUD scale option in the mod settings menu?

Burglecutt
    Participant

When I change ‘Game HUD scale’ under image options, it makes the distance meter number bigger and smaller. Does not seem to effect anything else other than the text/number size.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if the HUD shaders aren’t identified correctly. Very weird. Are you 100% sure that both the game and the mod are up-to-date?

The latest mod version available here:
    Download

Just in case, without insinuating anything: if you happen to use some ‚inofficial‘ version of the game, make sure to use the official Steam/GOG version.

Burglecutt
    Participant

100% certain, and nothing is being pirated. The only thing I haven’t tried is a complete uninstall of Cyberpunk, but based on others’ experiences it doesn’t seem like that would help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

maybe some settings issue. Try to delete your user config file for the game. you can find it in:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

The AppData folder may be hidden. Enable ‚Show hidden files‘ in Windows Explorer if you can‘t see it.

Apart from that I‘m out of ideas I‘m afraid.

Burglecutt
    Participant

Still no luck but thank you again for your time and efforts!

Demuse
    Participant

If you do decide to do a complete re-install, first be sure to hunt down and delete ALL the folders where Cyberpunk and mod files hide (except your saved games) or you may not be getting a completely fresh start. I was surprised at how many other folders I had to manually remove. The whole game directory under Steam\steamapps\common, obviously, but also:
    \Users\Demuse\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red
    \Users\Demuse\AppData\Local\Programs\CD Projekt Red
    \Users\Demuse\AppData\Local\REDEngine
    I have no idea what’s in those folders, but your problem sounds weird so I guess it could be hiding somewhere unusual!

Burglecutt
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, Demuse! I just tried Luke’s VR mod, and as cool as it is, I miss the superb gesture controls in Ralf’s version. I’ll give this a try when I have the time and report back.

Ralf
    Keymaster

2022/03/08

A new build is available with the below changes:

• Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework updated to latest version.
    • Optional grenade throwing gesture: move your left (or right in left handed mode) hand to your chest and then make a throwing move in the viewing direction. The original gesture still works too.

Download

Zel1984
    Participant

One thing i noticed that’s a bit weird, in some scenes like when you meet Jackie outside your apartment building before you meet Dexter Deshawn it goes into edgepeek view when looking at Jackie but if you turn your head to the right it will stay in proper VR view, it does the same when you meet mama welles at the bar before Jackie’s funeral thing, when you sit at the table with her if you are looking at her it goes into edgepeek view but if you turn to the right so you can only see her out of the edge of your vision it stays in proper VR view, it’s not a major problem just a bit weird, be good if it could just stay in VR view without having to look away from the person you are talking to.

In some scenes it stays in edgepeek view no matter if you turn your head or not, such as the corpo start when you talk to Jenkins in his office, it goes into edgepeek view when you sit down and only goes into proper VR view when you stand up, another weird situation is when you talk to Evelyn at Lizzie’s bar it goes into edgepeek view when talking to her in the little room with the holographic stripper dancing and stays in that view until you get in the chair down in Judy’s room but if you save the game and load when you are leaving that room with the holographic stripper heading down to see Judy it gives the proper VR view.

As i said it’s nothing major just little things that are a bit weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!