Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant
    HowHigh
    Participant

i bought the steam version cause there was no way to launch vr now im thinking it was just cause the patch 1.6 it wasnt launching i dont know.

BIOHAZRED
    Participant

You can launch the steam console and tell import an older Cp2077 manafest install from steam DB but if you launch a non updated game with “we mod” so I can use cheats or modifications it breaks the game.

I had Cp2077 on a pc that won’t update the game and upon launching it with we mod the Vorpx stand alone mod stopped working which leads me to belive we mod fucks games up if they aren’t the latest install.

BIOHAZRED
    Participant

So I was probably wrong about the we mod thing but I did roll back my Cyberpunk to a version updated 5 months ago and downloaded CET and the VR mod but it wouldn’t even hook into the game.

Here is a link to the Steam DB where I acquired the older version.
    https://steamdb.info/depot/1091501/manifests/

BIOHAZRED
    Participant

I‘ll check this over the weekend. If the patch doesn‘t mess up things entirely (i.e. changes how mod scripting works) it should suffice to update the CET modding framework as soon as a version for patch 1.6 becomes available.

Just follow the instructions in the link below and *probably* the mod will work again:
    https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/getting-started/installing

I sure hope it works out becuse rolling back my game didn’t work 😢

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still didn’t have a chance to check this, sorry guys. I’m preoccupied with real life affairs currently (good ones, so nothing to worry about). In a few days I expect to be back at being mainly the vorpX guy. :)

Will check this as soon as possible.

BIOHAZRED
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ralf!! 🙂

matteo39
    Participant

is ok now?

3oxis
    Participant

Thanx for the response Brother. My regards to the family.

BIOHAZRED
    Participant

Sooo Thank God I’m paradoid of this kind of thing and made a backup of the game which I finally found and still had manual install backups of all the flying car stuff so yeah I’m back in Night city in VR and I’m deffo unplugging the internet from this pc until the mod is fixed for the new version!!

Leonspade
    Participant

Is it even happening though? He didnt confirm its in the works.. I picked a really wrong time to try this game in VR! I just picked up my quest 2 last week, never had the chance to see it.. Also, if i managed to revert back to 1.5 what happens to my save file which I have already used in 1.6?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quote from a few posts above yours. :)

Will check this as soon as possible.

The issue has already been located in the meantime actually. Still needs some testing, but if nothing unforseen happens, a new build should be available shortly. Mind the *if* though, sometimes unforseen things actually do happen.

HowHigh
    Participant

just tried the Luke Ross mod and what a down grade everything is so blurry. go from ultra everything to blurry mess not worth it. heard this mod looks much better hope so.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@HowHigh. In my testing the vorpX solution provides considerably better performance, so hopefully you’ll like it once it is updated. In my case, I’m so picky when it comes to clarity that I’ve yet to run CP2077 in full VR mode, expect for testing just to see what it is like. Hoping the 4000 series GPUs (or AMD equivalents) will finally provide me the experience I want out of this title. It’s brutally demanding, especially at high resolutions.

BMzy
    Participant

Havent played CP2077 for over a year now since my first full run through. Have come back wanting to do a replay in VR and only just starting to try to optimize my setup. Is there any way to make the mini map clearer and more “in focus”? My mini map is off to the far right at the edge of my peripheral vision and its pretty hard to make out clearly. When I turn my head the map also turns (as you’d expect) so I can never get in for a closer look. My setup is a Quest 2 with 3080. Thanks for any advice, recommendations (mods?) you can share

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 946 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!