Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf
    BRO, YOU DID IT…AGAIN!! I can’t thank you enough Man. Is there a paypal for someone who wants to show appreciation for this gesture based phenomenon? (Even if it’s a cup of coffee)
    Months later and YOUR mod is STILL CONSISTENT in Awesomeness.
    Kudos, my friend

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@matteo39: You can switch z-normal in the stand-alone, just access the menu and look for it, you’ll see it there.

That does bring me to another question however; Is there now compatibility with normal vorpX again? I ask because I sometimes just prefer to play on my 3D display, and historically I’ve switched back and forth between HMD and 3D display modes when playing vorpX titles.

3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf
    Bro I don’t know what you did but the game runs Wayyyyyy Smoother than before. :D
    Did I tell you you’re the man?

matteo39
    Participant

i don’t remember how unistall only cyb2077 mod, so i can play with vorpx profile

rift_un
    Participant

@matteo39 in the game directory there’s an exe file called unins001.exe, i think if u run that it will uninstall the vr mod.

Jarilo
    Participant

I doubt this Stanley guy ever resolved his issue? I’m having it and I don’t think anyone else here seems to be understanding it? I’m using a gamepad, alt-F fps/refresh rate is 75-90 / second number is 90 just like my HMD is set to. Valve Index and using a wireless xbox 360 gamepad controller. Looking around and moving forward is fine but the moment I smooth turn with the stick left/right all hell breaks loose, it’s like it loses 3d randomly with certain frames and going close up to certain characters and during melee combat it loses randomly 3d and gets really disorienting, so something is wrong because I have some fantastic VR legs and that’s not playable by any standard.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if maybe the alternate frame 3d method used by the standalone mod per default isn’t for you. You can switch to Z3D in the menu. May also make sense to set a FPS cap in the menu in case the GPU utilization is too high. Controller input is considered in the AFR frame interplolation, but that might fail if there isn’t enough performance headroom for the headset to run fully smooth.

If you tinkered with the headset sync settings, reinstall the mod to reset everything to default. Index works stable with the settings the mod chooses per default for it under normal circumstances.

Jarilo
    Participant

Sounds as if maybe the alternate frame 3d method used by the standalone mod per default isn’t for you. You can switch to Z3D in the menu. May also make sense to set a FPS cap in the menu in case the GPU utilization is too high. Controller input is considered in the AFR frame interplolation, but that might fail if there isn’t enough performance headroom for the headset to run fully smooth.

If you tinkered with the headset sync settings, reinstall the mod to reset everything to default. Index works stable with the settings the mod chooses per default for it under normal circumstances.

Thanks, appreciate the reply. If this is simply a case of AFR then I’m impressed anyone can deal with, it physically hurts the eyes. I have re-installed the mod now and will try one more time and try your setting recommendations. Perhaps my 1080 ti doesn’t have the headroom anymore but I am playing the game on all low settings and 1600×1200.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The mod tricks away some of the AFR drawbacks, but others can’t be tricked way, no matter what you do. Rendering each eye at a different time will always create situations where the brain is fed with unexpectly misaligned left/right images. How well one is able to stomach that varies to a degree, but it’s obviously not ideal – especially with fast motion.

With a 1080TI Z3D is probably the better choice.

BTW: If you happen to play seated on your PC instead of standing with motion controllers, you can switch between Z3D and G3D with a hotkey (ALT+K).

Jarilo
    Participant

The mod tricks away some of the AFR drawbacks, but others can’t be tricked way, no matter what you do. Rendering each eye at a different time will always create situations where the brain is fed with unexpectly misaligned left/right images. How well one is able to stomach that varies from person to person to a degree, but it’s obviously not ideal – especially with fast motion.

With a 1080TI Z3D is probably the better choice.

BTW: If you happen to play seated on your PC instead of standing with motion controllers, you can switch between Z3D and G3D with a hotkey (ALT+K).

I have switched to Z3D but I didn’t get a performance boost oddly enough, but the issue does go away then with the AFR I guess. I play standing with the gamepad, thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s the expected behavior. An FPS counter will show the same framerate with alternate frame 3D and Z3D. However, with AFR 3D the effective framerate is only half of that since each eye gets updated only every other frame. The left eye on frame 0, the right eye on frame 1 and so on. With Z3D on the other hand both eyes are updated on each game frame, so displayed and effective FPS are the same. Same with ‘normal’ vorpX G3D BTW, which also renders both eyes at the same time.

Homet2012
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I would like to play with just normal vorpx. I like to play in cinema mode with just 3D. Not VR. I don’t have the mod installed and never did. But now with 1.6 the game freezes on startup. The Cyberpunk splash screen comes up and second later hard freeze. I have to go to task manager to close the game. Any ideas what’s going on?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is not supposed to happen with the latest profile version. You should have received a profile database update recently containing the lastest version. If you disabled profile updates or the update failed somehow, you can alternatively grab the latest profile from the cloud in the config app.

If that still doesn’t work, try the standalone version. You can switch to cinema/Z3D in the standalone version as well while keeping the other benefits the mod provides like motion controller gestures etc.

Dicey
    Participant

I just ordered a 4090. Pretty excited to try this VR mod with it.

How many frames you think I’d be able to push in G3D on a reverb G2?

Do you know if this mod will work with DLSS3 enabled?

matteo39
    Participant

has 2077 a g3d version?

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!