Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

No , ha solo zadaptive e znormal come tutti i giochi in dx12!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, the standalone version has G3D (and a lot, lot more) via a game specific mod. Uses alternate frame rendering though (see the explanation a few posts above).

matteo39
    Participant

with vr mod, i have 1) directvr 2) z-normal (not g3d in options)

with normal vorpx, i have z-normal (and z-adaptive) (and not g3d in options)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds right. DirectVR in this case means Alternate Frame G3D. Be aware that you will need a fast GPU for that to work in a decent fashion. With older/slower GPUs Z3D is the better choice.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Keep in mind also, that while the AFR mode does indeed create better 3D, the TAA in Cyberpunk creates *massive* halos and distortion; much more so than Z3D does. It’s fun to look at for a few minutes, but in the end I can’t imagine too many people actually playing that way. Unless you are incredibly tolerant of low-fps situations you’ll also need to maintain at least 90fps – remember you are getting only 1/2 that per eye.

Maybe for some games that don’t use TAA this will be a much better solution!

Jarilo
    Participant

The game resets my settings back to Direct VR every time I launch it, even when I set change game settings to off and have saved the VorpX profile. Odd. Also, anyway to prevent it from auto jumping into Edge screen? There are moments in the game that force me for a long time to play in edge screen. The entire scene in the club forced edge screen where you follow the woman into the back.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

The game resets my settings back to Direct VR every time I launch it, even when I set change game settings to off and have saved the VorpX profile.

I think this is just a known outstanding bug. It’s been reported pretty consistently (I see the same behavior on my system and I’m sure it’s been reported by others as well). Once you understand what’s happening it only take like 5 seconds to bring up the menu and set it to Z3D each time you start the game.

Destroy
    Participant

I’m a fresh 4090 owner so I had to finally try this VR mod.

The Reverb is at a solid 90 but FPS 36 with highest res and extremely high settings. Lower a few settings and the best my cpu can do is 60 FPS. Not enough. Rotating quickly exhibits a very disturbing screen shuffling effect in G3D. Z3D is not as 3D affective but solid and easily playable without those epileptic graphic rotating anomalies.

I’d be curious to hear how that paywall Luke Ross VR mod fairs?

Dicey
    Participant

I’m a fresh 4090 owner so I had to finally try this VR mod.

The Reverb is at a solid 90 but FPS 36 with highest res and extremely high settings. Lower a few settings and the best my cpu can do is 60 FPS. Not enough. Rotating quickly exhibits a very disturbing screen shuffling effect in G3D. Z3D is not as 3D affective but solid and easily playable without those epileptic graphic rotating anomalies.

I’d be curious to hear how that paywall Luke Ross VR mod fairs?

What do you mean by the Reverb is at a solid 90? I’ll do some tweaking myself when I get my 4090 card and see how well I can get it running in G3D. Sounds like without some implementation of DLSS 3.0 it may still be too demanding.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can stomach the alternate frame 3d fast motion glitches caused by not rendering each eye at the same time, a 4090 will be more than enough. I played for many hours at medium to high settings with a high resolution on a 3080. If you are more sensitive to the AFR issues, Z3D is your best friend. Except for objects close to the camera it doesn’t even really look any different.

BTW: If you happen to play seated in front of your PC instead of standing with motion controllers, you can quickly switch between the two 3D methods with a shortcut (ALT+K), depending on the situation.

Destroy
    Participant

I really wish the HUD could be improved somehow. As with many headsets, things get blurry pretty quick outside the sweat spot.
    So you can have a larger HUD but way out into the blurry edges or tiny unreadable HUD squashed nearer the center. I find clicking in and out of peek to immersion destroying.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Hey Ralf; I’m currently trying to prep a clean install of Cyberpunk for a *full* play-through (which I’ve never actually done yet – I decided to patiently wait out all the updates and bug fixes etc. Looks like, with v1.6 we are in a ‘reasonably final’ state – let’s hope!)

I’ve played with your stand-alone version of your mod for CP2077, but generally went back to playing it the usual way, as that lets me switch easily between my HMD and my 3D Display, as desired, with almost zero settings fiddling.

I generally run in full eye-candy mode, forgoing full VR for a high-detail experience with RT. In the past (I don’t think I’ve even touched Cyberpunk for 6 months now) I never have *any* problems with RT being turned on, but in my early testing, hooking vorpX to CP2077 the usual way (not the stand-alone mod,) I’m seeing all kinds of image-warping and other issues, which go away once I turn RT off. This is a new behavior I never noticed in the past, and may have something to do with CP adding new RT effect it did not previously have?

Is there any way to fix this? Start the game and just move through as quickly as possible until you are given the quest to steal the car right at the beginning. Once you get to the underground garage where the car is located look around. You’ll need to move all around the scene and look around as well; you’ll probably see what I’m talking about.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like an issue that I encountered early on where depending on the ‘Color Precision’ option in the game’s graphics options locating the depth buffer could be glitchy. Has be set to ‘High’. vorpX should handle that automatically unless automatic settings are disabled.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Hey Ralf, yes, that’s me you helped with that exact issue a long while back! But no, my Color Precision is set to High this time.

AtomicWalrus
    Participant

It’s too bad no one can get Valve interested in building a motion smoothing mode specific to alternate-eye rendering. I personally can’t deal with the 3D error in actual gameplay (look out the side of a moving car and the road appears to be closer than the interior of the car), but it seems like this could be handled with the existing motion extrapolation system.

Frame 2 render L2, extrapolate R2 from R1. Frame 3 render R3, extrapolate L3 from L2, and so on. 3D would be correct, and no jitter. The only issue would be that those motion smoothing “wobble” artifacts would alternate showing up in the L/R eye every frame, which I suppose could be… not great. Potentially stroboscopic. Still seems like it might be better than the stereo error and jitter though?

Anyway, just theorizing. Excellent work on support for this game as it is already. The gesture system is surprisingly effective, and this is the perfect place to show it off because it doesn’t have “gun face” (gun and arms glued to the camera) and instead uses a proper 1st person body. When you aim with the ADS gesture it somewhat becomes “gun face,” but it doesn’t feel nearly so wrong because you’re doing the aim down sights gesture IRL, so you really should have the sights lined up with your eye.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!