Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

@Ralf

Are you going to support Starfield in Z3D, Baldur’s Gate 3 in proper G3D and the CP77 Phantom Liberty DLC “in one big bang” vorpX 23.2.0 BETA, or are you going to release the things step by step ?

gtuf1
    Participant

Ralf… I discovered the problem. I’ve got the game installed on my D drive. When I use your installer and it finds the folder and I click install, it proceeds to install it into the C drive/GOG Galaxy folder for some reason. I copied all of the contents to my D drive where the game is installed though and it’s working now!

gtuf1
    Participant

Ralf……… incredible work! Tremendously impressive. Now just need my Quest 3 to arrive! :)

tjonbrown1
    Participant

Hello, when I use Fullvr mode for cyberpunk whenever I look down with my controller the screen pans up on it’s own is there a way to prevent this or is this supposed to be this way?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ gtuf1:

Glad you got it sorted. And thanks for the kind words!

@ tjonbrown1:

That’s a feature (a fairly nifty one, I might add). Usually VR games don’t let you look up/down with the controller at all to make sure your VR horizon always stays in sync with your real world horizon. This feature does both: let’s you use the controller to look up/down, but still keeps the horizon in sync.

You can disable this behavior on the DirectVR page of the settings menu, but you really don’t want to. Trust me. ;)

tjonbrown1
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! I have been using vorpx for years now and I can hardly play a game without it so thanks for that too!

pixelcowboy
    Participant

For me the mod just crashes, reinstalled the game but still crashes. Anything special I need to do to have it run? I have a 4090, usually run it with max settings, are there settings I need to disable before trying to run?

Laser
    Participant

Crashing for me too on splash screens, Im using the egs version with openxr mode.

edit. managed to get in game once but crashed after couple of seconds.

Laser
    Participant

Seems to be working for me now, updated the graphics drivers to latest version, maybe the shader rebuild helped or something?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just heads-up that the Cyber Engine Tweaks dev released a bugfix. You can either download it yourself and install it manually into your CP2077 folder or redownload/reinstall the mod, I uploaded a new installler that contains the updated CET.

Re crashes after a few seconds:

I had this a few times myself with the GOG version. No problem on Steam so far, but that might have been coincidence. Might be related to CET, so hopefully it’s fixed with their update from today. In my case verifying the CP2077 install in GOG Galaxy solved the issue reliably when it occured.

beemzy
    Participant

You might still encounter that one shader glitch you reported earlier. Haven’t looked into that yet, but it’s not forgotten.

I can confirm the glitch is still there. Thanks!

Stryker_66
    Participant

I’ve decided to revisit CP2077 using the standalone mod. Due to new hardware, I am having excellent performance with the new VorpX standalone mod update. I have a Pimax Crystal using Steam VR and things look surprisingly great with good framerates. Much better than than the HP G2 and the finicky nature of WMR.

Anyway, I’m using immersive mode along with KB + Mouse and things are where I want them to be with one exception. How can I get back the third person camera mode when driving? I’ve looked everywhere including the ini files and can’t find anything obvious. I’m not a fan of the over the hood view and would really like to just revert to the default camera for driving in third person. How can I disable the over the hood camera? Any advice on an ini tweak or some other solution. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

There should still be a third person vehicle view. Normally the game has two of them (close/far). The mod only replaces the close one with the hood cam, the other one is still available.

Stryker_66
    Participant

There isn’t unless I am missing something. Two views are correct with DirectVR but it’s either internal or over the hood. If I switch to either Z-Normal or Adaptive, it then gives three views.

1.) Internal
    2.) Third Person Close (entire vehicle is displayed)
    3.) Third Person even further out

These three states are what is default from what I can tell. In any case, I am certain that DirectVR only gives two views in which one is over the hood. Seems to be locked off by DirectVR in this case.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Indeed. That’s not how it’s supposed to be. Prior it was internal/hood/third person. I’ll look into it, but as always no promises. The mod is primarily made for FullVR gameplay, immersive/cinema mode is not a priority.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!