Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Stryker_66
    Participant

Indeed. That’s not how it’s supposed to be. Prior it was internal/hood/third person. I’ll look into it, but as always no promises. The mod is primarily made for FullVR gameplay, immersive/cinema mode is not a priority.

Ok, anything you can do to fix this issue would be great. Cheers.

pixelcowboy
    Participant

I’m on GOG, reinstalled completely and installed the CET beta and it still crashed. Tried Oculus Quest 2 both with VD and with the Oculus runtime, and the result was the same.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Go to C:\Users\[Your User]\NVIDIA\DXCache, select all files and delete them. Some can’t be deleted because they are in use, skip those.

Also please verify the game install in Galaxy as suggested above. That may do more than a reinstall, e.g. clearing temporary/cached files.

If afterwards you still encounter your issue, I can’t help.

tjonbrown1
    Participant

I was crashing constantly but when I disabled raytracing it went away perhaps that may help those who are crashing.

mateuszw1995
    Participant

Is it possible to use Frame Generation? Any tricks? When I enable this option, game crashes. It would be performance holy grail, making possible to play with raytracing and high fps. It’s the only thing that’s missing from perfection.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nope, no frame generation. But if you have a very fast GPU, you can try to disable the frame cap in the settings menu or set it to ‘small delay’. With a 4090 for example you can achieve native 90/90 (72/72 on Quest 2) even with a bit of raytracing (and standard DLSS). Framerate can be checked with ALT+F.

I’d still recommend to disable raytracing though and instead bumping up the resolution as high as your PC allows. Higher overall benefit.

Torrq
    Participant

What is proper method if you are using paid version of VorpX?
    I presume to use latest Beta.
    But do I need to download CET mod that is referred to in this thread?
    Or update any profile, like the Standalone version appears to need?

Is there a guide that walks through all steps for setup.

Thanks!

phat4l
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    I just wanted to send out a note of gratitude. After a full Windows re-install I finally got everything working right with the mod, and boy is it incredible. Certainly not perfect, but absolutely good enough for an amazingly immersive experience in a whole bunch of ways, so my sincere thanks for your efforts on this.
    I do have just one small question, not a particularly big deal as I can kind of ignore it after a while, but I am running it on a Quest Pro and for some reason there is a bit of a black bar at the bottom of the screen even in the full VR mode – is that anything I am doing wrong in the settings, or is that just a minor annoyance with this particular headset? Also, is it generally better to set the mod to the OpenXR or the Occulus mode for a Quest Pro, I haven’t really noticed much difference, so just curious which it would be better to leave it on.
    Many thanks again for your awesome work.
    Alex

TheVRGuy
    Participant

Hey I just started using Vorpex for Cyberpunk and it’s working surprisingly well so thank you for that.

I just wanted to know if anyone had a solution to aiming controls being reversed during vehicle combat? When I look to the left the gun goes to the right and vice versa. I checked the in-game controls for vehicle but could not find anything that would reverse it back. Same with the Vorpex menu unless I missed anything?

claxterix
    Participant

Hey, using CP77 Phantom with VR Quest Pro and a RTX3060 maxQ, any general advices on better settings for Full VR Mode?

Occulus? Steam or XR settings are better?

Thx in advance guys, you are doing an amazing work Ralf.

Clax

TheVRGuy
    Participant

Hey I just started using Vorpex for Cyberpunk and it’s working surprisingly well so thank you for that.

I just wanted to know if anyone had a solution to aiming controls being reversed during vehicle combat? When I look to the left the gun goes to the right and vice versa. I checked the in-game controls for vehicle but could not find anything that would reverse it back. Same with the Vorpex menu unless I missed anything?

I didn’t find a way to edit my message but I just noticed that my controller don’t work with the Vorpex menus. It works fine with the game but not with Vorpex. For example I cannot activate edge peek using my controller only using my mouse. Could this be the reason my controls are acting weird during vehicle combat? Anyone know why my controller might not register with Vorpex? I’m using a PS5 controller wired to my PC btw.

MK
    Participant

Great work Ralf
    Fist ever test of vorpX alpha 9a with Quest 2 on a Razer with windows 11.
    Anyone got tips on how to improve performance and get Quest 2 controllers working?

Controllers don’t seem to be working (when Controller mode set to Gamepad) for movement.
    When not using VR it runs great with Raytracing. But when I turn Raytracing off, set Graphics to LOW and use VR it runs very poorly. Seems to be running in the VR headset as well as on the desktop.
    Anyone have thoughts on how to improve?
    Defs a big win being in VR compared to looking at a flat screen ;)
    Thanks

mateuszw1995
    Participant

Ralf, thank you for suggestions. I’m targeting 90/90 FPS, any lower value is significantly less pleasant for me (image is not fluent, weapon is “jumping” while turning). I have 4090 and tried many combinations – I cannot beat about 70-75 FPS with RT (not path tracking) even on low resolution or high DLSS. It looks like CPU bottleneck, because P cores are 90-100% used (13900K…), or maybe RT cores bottleneck?
    It looks like this game still needs next generation of hardware :)

zeddyzed
    Participant

Hi, I tried the recently updated standalone VorpX for Cyberpunk 2.0, but the results weren’t very playable out of the box. Just wondering if there’s settings I can tweak to improve things?

– The image doesn’t seem to track my head very well, it’s a bit jittery and the movement is off. Makes me nauseous. How to troubleshoot this? Or is this just expected behaviour for the mod? I have a 4080 and am running at Medium Settings to try to ensure there’s no performance issues to start with.

– When I turn in real life, the camera turns with me, but not my character. Is there a setting for this? I’d like to use physical turning instead of the stick.

– I couldn’t figure out the gesture controls, just holding up my hands didn’t do anything. Is there a button to press or hold to activate gestures? The option for gestures is active in the seems VorpX ingame settings. Is there any documentation for the various features of the mod? The help page for the mod leads to a “stub”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You may have to press a trigger/button to activate motion controllers ingame, nothing else.

Don’t touch anything in the vorpX menu aside from the resolution and potentially the framerate cap. If you have a fast PC you may to want to set it to ‘small delay’ instead of the default 66%. That will allow the game to run at the full refresh rate of your headset if you don’t overdo with the graphics details.

Everything else you really need to know gets displayed in the headset when you launch the game. No need for an external readme. Check the huge instructions panel on the right and the info panels that are displayed when you go through the tutorial.

The general features are listed in the aformentioned instructions panel. As far as less obvious features are concerned the most important one is probably VR optimized vehicle and weapon (aiming down sights) cameras, i.e. the mod adjusts the default camera positions etc. based on gameplay context. Aiming down sights even comes with actual motion controller aiming.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!