Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence1962
    Participant

@ Ralf

You say AFR 3D is a stopgap, do you prefer Z3D in some cases instead AFR 3D ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Big yes from me, but that’s subjective, of course. Neither Z3D nor AFR 3D are pefect. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Z3D can only do so much until its own artifacts become too strong. Hence the scale of objects close to the camera is off, at least if one wants to avoid that half the image becomes a glitchy mess. For everything more than two meters away or so Z3D is just as good as G3D. This kind of unrealistc 3D at close range is something one has to get used to. On the upside Z3D doesn’t come with any time related issues.

AFR 3D realistically shifts the camera for 3D and thus produces realistic 3D even at close range, but its major downside is that it can become fairly uncomfortable with fast motion since the images for both eyes aren’t rendered at the same time.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

AFR 3D realistically shifts the camera for 3D and thus produces realistic 3D even at close range, but its major downside is that it can become fairly uncomfortable with fast motion since the images for both eyes aren’t rendered at the same time.

Hence my hope for a hotkey like the G3D/Z3D hotkey. AFR isn’t bugging me *too much* in general exploring, but I want to turn it off for combat and for driving. You might even be able to get CET to allow automatic switching from AFR to Z3D and back depending on in-game context. I know there was a mod that could change resolutions based on “Combat” and “Exploration” for example.

Anyway, that would be mighty useful, even if it’s just a hotkey. Right now I pause, enter the vorpX menu, and manually choose the mode I prefer based on what I’m doing in-game.

Anyone else having weird shadow issues? It’s not happening all that often, but it’s pretty ugly when it does happen.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

I guess a DX12 G3D wrapper will demand too much Performance in many upcoming AAA Games. I guess that is the reason why AFR 3D will be a good alternative to Z3D. If all official Z3D Profiles support even AFR 3D, many of us will be very happy !

Dying Light 2, Stalker 2 and God of War with a AFR 3D Option “immediately” after release ? Wow, i would love that !

And those who don’t like AFR 3D can still use Z3D, or wait for next gen hardware to play the game 5 years later in DX12 G3D. Or will there be a DX12 G3D in prospect that demands not the teraflops of two High End GPUs in in many upcoming AAA Games ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I actually considered auto switching based on player velocity, but that comes with its own oddities, so in the end I discarded the idea.

Like said above, the hotkey is a good idea though, at least for mouse/keyboard players.

As usual no comment on future development aside from that there will be future development. I just can’t tell you things I don’t know myself yet.

Ilfrinam
    Participant

It’s nice to have all the options possible in the toolbox, although you are absolutely right that alternate-frame rendering is certainly a stopgap, it’s uncomfortable a lot of time. Someone said that with high refresh rate headsets it works a lot better. I personally prefer it over Z3D for the more realistic 3D effect.

I understand for what you said that for now real stereoscopic G3D can’t be done with Cyberpunk and other modern games, aside from the obvious performance hit, right? I proposed it to have that option available from now on for the future or for people who have good graphics cards.

Thanks for the update a few days ago (now it’s much easier to shoot) and for considering adding AER as an option for all games!

Kind regards

drowhunter
    Participant

Hence my hope for a hotkey like the G3D/Z3D hotkey

THERES A HOTKEY!! Omg how? This would solve my problems!

Edit: I misread you are hoping for one. Yes@Ralf make it so, im tired of opening the menu to flip back and forth.

drowhunter
    Participant

Hi Ralf, so I was watching this video and it seems their solution for how the decoupled mouse works is better than how it currently works in Vorpx where the mouse tilts the camera at nauseating angles.

Basically with this feature on. The mouse turns left and right but vertically it doesnt move the camera it only moves the gun. Its hard to explain maybe try it yourself.

This would be great in CPunk.

This is probably impossible but im assuming decoupled mouse aim is impossible for standard profiles.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Switching between AFR 3D and Z3D will be possible with the default vorpX G3D/Z3D hotkey in the next release (ALT+K).

Also pitch (look up/down) auto leveling will be available with the next release. If you prefer to play without, you’ll be able to disable it on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. Was a bit more complicated here than it normally is with DirectVR games, but now it’s finally working without unwanted side effects.

Ralf
    Keymaster

2022/01/08

Version alpha 3 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Pitch (look up/down) auto-leveling added. If you prefer to play with unlocked pitch, you can disable this on the DirectVR page of the ingame menu.
    • Keyboard shortcut for switching between G3D and Z3D (ALT+K).

Download

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Thx, go ahead Ralf !!!

Stryker_66
    Participant

Quick question, before an update, is there a way to save settings or does things have to be redone each time?

Cheers!

Ralf
    Keymaster

For now I‘d like to ensure that defaults are enforced on update. Hence currently settings are overwritten. Will change in a couple of releases when things have matured enough.

There shouldn‘t really be anything you need to change in the mod settings menu aside from the resolution anyway.

Stryker_66
    Participant

For now I‘d like to ensure that defaults are enforced on update. Hence currently settings are overwritten. Will change in a couple of releases when things have matured enough.

There shouldn‘t really be anything you need to change in the mod settings menu aside from the resolution anyway.

Ok no sweat, I did write them down so I can quickly re-configure. Thanks for your fast response.

Demuse
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, the pitch auto-levelling works great with a controller, very helpful. It’s getting more and more comfortable to play this game completely in VR. I’m 40 hours in so far. I’m running 3840×2160 (so my inventory works properly), with DLSS turned on and all graphics options set to “low” to maintain steady framerates. It would be nice to use a 4:3 resolution, but I guess that’s the game’s fault and out of your control. Anyway, it’s fantastic, I’m loving the experience.

The “HUDitor” mod works great to resize and reposition the minimap and other HUD elements, and the “Limited HUD” mod turns off the loot icons that are annoying when the HUD scale is not 100%. I’ve concluded that it’s the fault of my Reverb G2 that all the HUD elements around the periphery are nigh unreadable, so I have to use guns instead of netrunning.

The ADS works great for shooting now. But I find melee combat to be disorienting, with the FOV change when fighting and blocking. It would be nice if the view stayed exactly the same in and out of combat, for blocking or swinging or aiming, with guns or melee. Is that something that can be fixed? There are some mods but I’m sure they don’t play nicely with vorpX since they move the camera.

I struggle to avoid conflicts while assigning buttons for my gamepad. In vorpX there’s a choice between using the menu buttons, or the thumbstick buttons, then a choice to turn each one on or off. Both menu buttons are essential to access the game menus, so I have to use thumbstick buttons for vorpX: right for edge peek, left turned off so I can sprint, and I open the vorpX menu with “del” when necessary. No other combination really seems viable?

Also I noticed a minor glitch while scanning and looking around. It seems while scanning when I highlight an interactable object, particularly while looking at an angle — for example, looking down at a computer on a desk while standing over it — the camera shifts a bit, as if my head has suddenly dipped by several inches. It’s a bit jarring to be scanning around a room to have the view make little jumps as my eyes pass over different objects. Could this be vorpX related?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!