Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Yes, that is the issue. I have been Reloading the default, trying back and forth. Not touching anything other then small things like screen size. Still, giving me this issue. I am set to be on Control type C in the game control settings. It is really weird. But yeah, I am in the default profile

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m afraid I’m out of ideas then. I don’t have the slightest clue how that would even be possible with the gamepad override active. With the mouse/kb mapper active per default vorpX emulates a mouse button press when you hold down one of the triggers.

Guess until others come up with similar reports I have to book this under ‘strange phenomena’. Just either use mouse/kb or the VR controllers then.

If you want, send me a trouble shoot data archive to support at vorpx com. Only thing I can possibly imagine is that for whatever reason initializing the gamepad override fails on your machine despite it being turned on. The log files may give a hint if that’s the case.

VRan
    Participant

Yeah @Ralf no matter what I do it doesnt help. Like you said, it is definitely considered ‘strange phenomena’. It is the first for me to not resolve an issue with vorpX. Everything I had any issue with until RE8 profile was resolved somehow. All good. Playing with the Touch Controls is not bad. I might just need to see how I open the map (v) but other than that I am pretty much used to the controllers. Thank you Ralf though. If I hear anyone else with the same issue, I might send an error log. Seems like no one has approached with a similar deal. So, all good.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are more than enough options available to bind the ‘V’ key to a button on the Touch controllers. VR controllers have two sets of freely configurable mappings. The second one gets activated while you press the left grip button. You can customize the entire mapping easily in the vorpX menu. Hope that helps.

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I tried the Touch controllers with the game. Eventhough it works great, however, the touch controllers does not have enough buttons to add every commands for the game. (The d-pad for quick shortcuts of weapons). I still think it maybe easier to play this on mouse and keyboard or on the Xbox controller. (I tried on the dualshock 4 but it has some mapping issues that cannot be fixed or configured, also the right analog aiming is kinda off and moves to fast and not so precise) I am thinking about dishing for a xbox one wired controller for future games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With the shift mapping I mentioned above there should be enough options available on the Touch controllers.

If there really aren’t, configure the ‘VR Hotkeys’ menu in the vorpX options and then bind shift+mousewheel click to one of the controller buttons, which will then open the menu while you play. Pretty nifty feature, heavily underused. Opens a gaze based 4×4 button matrix that allows you to perform keyboard shortcuts by looking at a button.

luka2099
    Participant

Hello everyone, I update you. I finally solved it! I no longer have any drop in frames. always with virtual desktop and steam vr. I have disabled the AWS option on oculus debug tool. now the frame rate is constant and I have no more latency. I would still like to try the openxr method. I just have a doubt, since I’m going to write the registry, is there a procedure to return to the previous state? in case you encounter other problems and want to continue with VD and sTEAM VR? airlink does not satisfy me very much

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can’t break anything by setting the registry value. It will probably just be empty if you never used OpenXR before.

Also the other two potential OpenXR runtime hosts (SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality) allow you to set the registry value from within their options. There is no point in setting SteamVR as OpenXR runtime though with an Oculus headset as that would add yet another layer of redirection, creating even more overhead than using SteamVR directly.

Setting Oculus as OpenXR runtime is the only OpenXR related thing you ever want to do with an Oculus headset.

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Just wondering what’s that message showing in red when i open a game in VorpX? Can’t read it because it’s too fast and it begins like this “Low performance blah blah blah…”

Also, my touch controller image keep showing in my headset. Is there any way to hide it? It’s right in the middle of my HMD.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably just some framerate hiccup while the games loads initially. Nothing to worry about if the framerate is OK during gameplay.

You can hide the Touch controllers on the according page in the vorpX menu. They will also disappear after a while when they go to sleep. As a third option you could just move them out of sight if you don’t intend to use them.

Normally they shouldn’t even show up unless you press a button first. I’ll check whether something is wrong with that.

VRan
    Participant

@ frenchiebong I am now also using the touch controllers, to switch weapons we need to combine few things, left middle button is almost like a Shift button. So, if you hit the middle finger’s button plus the left trigger button it will use the heal liquid.
    To change weapons, hit the middle finger button and then use the stick as sideways to select the weapon, you’ll see, you treat it like a wheel of choice. takes a few to get used to it…

Like Ralf said, in the menu there is an option to set Controllers Visibility to Visible, hands or Off…

VRified Games
    Participant

Hi @Ralf

I suppose the HUD settings were dialed in without the FOV mod in mind

In your opinion, what would be the best values to use?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The HUD scale should stay the same the regardless of the ImageZoom value (unless the dialed in value would make it appear larger than the actual game image). If you prefer something else than what I have dialed in, just change it to whatever you like better.

ShibbyPanda72
    Participant

Do we have a way to verify that this install worked?

• Make Oculus your system’s OpenXR runtime by double clicking the .reg file in the linked zip archive: OculusOpenXR.zip. Oculus doesn’t enable OpenXR per default yet, but ist’s already working quite well from my experience. Caveat: The .reg file assumes that the Oculus software is installed in its default folder.
  • Select OpenXR as your headset type in the vorpX config app on the ‘General’ page.
  • Use Link/Air Link. DO NOT start SteamVR, it’s not required with OpenXR.
    VRified Games
    Participant

Shibby panda

Just set the runtime in vorpx to open xr and use oculus headset

If it didn’t work you will get an error when you try to run the game

However, this didn’t work for my quest 2.

Works great with the cv1 though

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!