Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    thenevik
    Participant

This was also helpful. I guess you just don’t realize all the things these softwares are trying to do that may be conflicting

I think you can turn of ASW in the Oculusdebugtool.exe and the frames will remain same and not tank to half the amount.

You don’t have to fix anything in the VorpX menu. It’s already on Device(off).

The steam overlay isn’t giving me any issues and still get a 70-80fps on my Rift S (80 is the max on this headset).

The game is running super smooth. Make sure you guys disable the ASW option in Oculus.

I’m also loving the Profile that ParadiseDecay has made. Check out his Youtube video with Res8 and you’ll greatly appreciate it with anything less than a RTX 2070 Super. (you’ll still see a slight background top and bottom but the resolution and clarity makes it the best settings) I tried playing around but this is the most clear I can get from my spec and Rift S.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a good tip. I’m still somewhat salty that Oculus introduced ASW without an official way for developers to disable it in their apps/games. It has its merits, but personally I really dislike the artifacts it introduces. vorpX is just better with its own rotation only frame interpolation instead of ASW. Comes without any artifacts and also works with uneven framerate ratios, so you can e.g. run games at 60 or 70fps instead of everything below 90 tanking to 45 like ASW does.

I considered several times to force disable it in the past, but since the registry hack the debug tool uses is a system wide setting, that’s a bit risky. E.g. if a PC crashes before vorpX can restore the original setting, ASW could get stuck being disabled without users being able to tell what happened. However, I should probably at least add an option to toggle ASW on/off with the same registry hack to the vorpX tray icon right click menu.

VRan
    Participant

@Ralf I am going to restart the game using the touch controllers (tested it yesterday and getting used to it), it just bothers me that the walk binding is causing this, I am not sure what i need to assign to the Gamepad for walking to be the same as the touch controller to avoid the frame lock (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZX-l7QjXGyDLl6qxYE7LzjGO2IQlsIy/view?usp=sharing). Both use the L.Stick, The aim zoom seems like it locks and then goes to the R.Stick instead of the head when playing with the Gamepad. Mouse and/or touch controllers dont have these issues. I checked with friends and seems like its only on my side for some reason…

Ralf
    Keymaster

The video doesn’t play here for some reason, but you have to use the controllers in keyboard/mouse mode for the game with the left stick emulating WASD and the right stick the mouse. That should be the default, no need to change anything here.

What you might want to customize however are the button mappings, those are probably not ideal for the game. Best way to do that is opening the page with the key bindings in the game options and then map the keys to the VR controller buttons in a way that makes most sense for you.

mrshantiman
    Participant

Can someone help me with ingame settings? Having a great time and game runs smoothly most of the time, however, in the village area I am getting some weird pop in and out of texture layers on certain rocks, grass, trees just by turning my head. Or I see a tree in my peripheral vision with all details and moving in the wind while when I look at it directly it would turn into a muddy mess without animation. If I look away it goes back to normal.

Reducing texture in the menu to medium and running on just 1080p resolution does not seem to change anything. I have the fps locked to 30 with my hp reverb set to 60 Hz, openxr. Village menu says 4.6/8 GB. Have it set to ‘frameless window’.

Also is it possible to get rid of the white light square showing when in dark areas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you please check whether any of that goes away when you scale the HUD and its witdh to 1.0. The scalable HUD is pretty much the only thing I can think of that potentially may introduce odd visual glitches.

Would be great if you could let me know your findings if that helps with your issue.

VRified Games
    Participant

@vran

Hi bud.

I couldn’t view your video but it does sound strange

Have you tried a software rewasd?

Vorpx already does this but if you are still getting the “drag” effect

Try that third party software to see if it works

VRan
    Participant

Thank you @Ralf It is weird that you can’t play the video, it works for me, anyway. Yeah, I dont usually mess around with the binding and leave them as is. And it is set to be mouse/Keyboard mode for the touch controllers.
    I will check the button bindings and see. It is very interesting to fix and to know how and what in case someone has the same issue and asks me about it on my YT channel.

VRan
    Participant

@Du1gO

Yo, weird, @Ralf said the same thing… I did set the restriction to be open to anyone with the link. arghh… anyway, here is the video on YT… https://youtu.be/DDPW0oyyDkA

I havent tried rewasd since I know vorpX has similar tool built in for rebinding

Thanks guys

Ralf
    Keymaster

I didn’t customize the VR controller mapping for the game. If you want it to work exactly like the gamepad does per default for the game, you have to customize the button mapping like described above.

Alternatively you can either stick to the gamepad (which has been pre-customized for the game) or use mouse and keyboard.

VRan
    Participant

Thank you @Ralf I will play using the touch controllers, it works the best. It seems like it has the mouse/keyboard binding and has no weird issues with the head movement. Thanks for this :)

capnkimo
    Participant

anyone get to the doll house?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ VRan: Just watched your video an Youtube: did you maybe change the ‘Gamepad Override’ setting in the vorpX menu? The override has to be set to ‘Full’ for the game since it can’t handle mouse (emulated by vorpX for head tracking) and gamepad input at the same time.

Issues like this are actually the reason why vorpX has a built-in gamepad to mouse/keyboard mapper in the first place. It allows to use a gamepad at all together with mouse emulation head tracking in games that dislike simultaneous mouse/gamepad input. Whenever the gamepad override setting is enabled in a profile, it is enabled for good reason. So typically you don’t want to change this setting.

VRan
    Participant

@Ralf no, I did not change any of these settings. The only thing I turned off was the visibility of the touch controllers that were shown sitting in mid air.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to reset the profile to default in the config app then (either on the ‘Local Profiles’ or the ‘Trouble Shooting’ page). Something has to be messed up for sure. If I understood your issue correctly, you can’t look around while a trigger is held down, right? That does not happen for me with the profile at default settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!