Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ frenchiebong

Normally vorpX keeps the cursor inside the game window. If that doesn’t work in this case, your best bet is probably disabling your second monitor temporarily.

@ VRan

You can ignore the mouse acceleration setting in the vorpX menu for newer games. It’s only relevant for older games that use the default Windows mouse input pipeline. It’s safe to assume that almost all games newer than five years or so use the so called ‘raw input’ pipeline, which is not affected by the Windows mouse acceleration.

frenchiebong
    Participant

I think when I’m inside the menu in game and I move the cursor out, it’ll be back out to Windows on my other monitor. (Not 100% positive, but i’ll test it out and let you know)
    One in game issue, when I use the Scope Aim with the sniper rifle, the game will act very weird. It’ll kick me out of the aim sequence and then kinda mess up the aiming movement. Just wondering if other people are experiencing it? I tried using flat mode and it doesn’t act this way.

dborosev
    Participant

A sweet addition to the collection! As always great work!

TheBalt
    Participant

I think when I’m inside the menu in game and I move the cursor out, it’ll be back out to Windows on my other monitor. (Not 100% positive, but i’ll test it out and let you know)
    One in game issue, when I use the Scope Aim with the sniper rifle, the game will act very weird. It’ll kick me out of the aim sequence and then kinda mess up the aiming movement. Just wondering if other people are experiencing it? I tried using flat mode and it doesn’t act this way.

I dont have the game yet but that -may- all be caused by having two monitors running. I hope the scope thing isnt just inherent to the game tho, thatd be a bummer. Thanks for bringing it up to get feedback; but when you unplug your second monitor, can you post here whether the scoping problem went away?

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoy the game. I saw you having trouble with vorpx the other day – it really is an amazing tool, just a little complex at first but eventually youll understand what 95% of the options do and what you need to set up to make a game work for you.

But as someone mentioned, even if you gotta turn the graphics down, get to 2560x1440p. If youre on an AMD card you need to go into the AMD settings (right click desktop) and then click the ‘gear’ icon on the upper right. Once youve clicked that, click Display.

Next part, in the list of options for ‘display’ – do this in this exact order cause ive had it bug out when I didnt.

Enable GPU Scaling.
    After that, enable “Virtual super resolution”

Then turn you desktop to 2560x1440p just in case theres conflicts with the game, put it on borderless windowed, or just try them all and see what runs best. But playing 1080p in a headset vs. 2560×1440 is night and day, even if you need to tone down some graphics, its worth it

good luck

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hey,

I’m using Nvidia RTX 2060. I tried the method in the VorpX instruction to create a 2560 x 1440p resolution (My monitor is a 25 inch 1080p) For some reason, the textures in the game will have a silouette (especially the guns) It also run unstable and will mess up my previous displayed resolution settings in game (i have to adjust it everytime i quit and play the game) I also notice it throws my game performance down, but this could be the fact my rtx 2060 is a lower end card in 2021. I’m still glad i can play this on 1080p with around 50-60 ish fps on Z3D.

I’ll try again with the resolution but I don’t know why it kinda messed up with the texture in the game and causes crashes sometimes. But at 1080p, my monitor can run on 144hz (eventhough i only get around 50-60fps) I really wish i can run on higher resolution, at least 1920 x 1440. When the resolution is set at 1440p (1920 and 2560) the game 3D looks like it’s flickering and gives me nausea.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In FullVR mode you should make sure that games run at least with half the headset refresh rate. Technically vorpX does work with lower framerates, but if you are prone to motion sickness, things may start to feel uncomfortable below that. If at 2560×1440 the framerate is too low, try to reduce some graphics details in the game options.

Alternatively consider switching the ‘Play Style’ option to ‘Immersive Screen’. In this mode you can get away with lower framerates without things starting to feel uncomfortable.

BTW: Don’t use 4:3 aspect ratios for this game. While usually that makes sense for FullVR mode to avoid rendering stuff that never is shown in the headset, in this particular it messes up the FOV since the game doesn’t really support 4:3 and instead shows a letterboxed 16:9 image. You should see a message about that in the top/left corner of the game window.

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Do I need to change the DirectVR resolution in the VorpX in game menu to match the Monitor resolution settings in Nvidia Panel?

Also, do I set the game in Full Screen, Windowed or Borderless window? I can run the game smoothly with native monitor resolution and refresh rate. Of course at 1080p it’s not as clear and good looking. I’m trying to OC my rtx 2060 to see if I can handle 2560 x 1440p. Is there a difference between 2560 x 1440p vs 1920 x 1440p? I know one is 4:3 ratio and the other is 16:9..
    I would also try disabling my 2nd monitor as I heard it may interfere with the refresh rate when setting the resolution higher than the monitor’s native. (1080p is 144hz maxed, 1440p and it caps at 60hz, even in game)

Ralf
    Keymaster

DirectVR resolution is not available in this game, so you set the resolution in the game options like you would normally for playing on your monitor.

Please don’t use 4:3 resolutions for this game, stick to 16:9 for the reason mentioned in my last reply. You should also see a message about that in the top left corner of the game window. To avoid unnecessary trial and error, please always check any messages vorpX displays in the game window or in the headset.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

I made a video, works great RALF thank you.
    ALSO, Ralf I’m doing my giveaway with this video, hope thats OK?

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

VRan has a video on how to install the FOV mod here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAg7sg3i6Us Thanks buddy!

xyz2theb
    Participant

Even without g3d it still looks very good!

luka2099
    Participant

I still have a problem, he only does it with this game. after a minute of play the latency increases and the framerate decreases. it’s not a performance issue, because with other games and the demo it worked fine. I can’t understand what it can be

Picdelag
    Participant

I still have a problem, he only does it with this game. after a minute of play the latency increases and the framerate decreases. it’s not a performance issue, because with other games and the demo it worked fine. I can’t understand what it can be

It will be a first step to check your VRAM usage. It can become overloaded with time.

Use MSI Afterburner to monitor this. (Works with any GPU, not only MSI ones)

VRan
    Participant

BTW, FYI just talked to a friend of ours who is a YT streamer. He had an issue with the Xbox controller and the Inventory in game and Y button. Worked perfectly when Flatscreened but once he used vorpX the Y would be defend option. No matter what Control style he chose (A, B or C)

So, the solution he found that worked was installing an app called – reWADS. That seemed to make it all work well.

luka2099
    Participant

I’m crazy. After the latest update of vorpx resident evil 8 and resident evil 7 they became unplayable. whether the settings are high or idle the game does not exceed 25fps. I don’t really understand why! I don’t think it’s a settings problem because games like exodus enchanted at maximum settings works great at 90fps! I use oculus quest 2 with virtual desktop, the only thing I noticed is that in resident evil 7 and 8 after a minute of playing the latency increases me up to 100ms.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!