Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Vran: Please check this thread: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/cant-open-inventory-in-re-village/. vorpX has a similar tool built-in. It’s enabled for the game because it doesn’t allow gamepad and mouse input at the same time.

@ luka: Try without VD via Oculus Link/Air Link and see whether that helps.

VRan
    Participant

@ Vran: Please check this thread: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/cant-open-inventory-in-re-village/. vorpX has a similar tool built-in. It’s enabled for the game because it doesn’t allow gamepad and mouse input at the same time.

@ luka: Try without VD via Oculus Link/Air Link and see whether that helps.

Yeah, I told him that he can re bind through vorpX but he is streaming now and didnt have time to investigate that. He probably will after ;)

@luka I told you on msnger, try not to cast it wirelessly. Stay connected to the pc…

luka2099
    Participant

I also tried with air link and the problem remains. what I really don’t understand is how it is possible that the demo worked fine and why also resident evil 7, which used to work fine now has the same problem as 8. Ralf and Ran, thanks anyway for your interest

RE2Fan
    Participant

Please make Geometry 3D to work with DirectX12 games, soon all newest games will be using DirectX12 so we need Vorpx to follow this trend or else nobody else will use it in the future since it will be outdated for new games…

4hd
    Participant

Where is the profile? Just updated to version 21.2.0.3 and cant find it underneath local profiles.

frenchiebong
    Participant

I believe it’s automatically injected. Or go to local profiles and search resident evil village.

And I’d tested the Scope thing, seems like after I disabled the 2nd monitor, it doesn’t mess the game up! Omg, VorpX and Ralf is amazing! Also thanks to ParadiseDecay for the new Profile. It really work wonders for people who owns a RTX 2070 or lesser GPU. Love the look of the 3D as well as the smoothness of the game. (Gets around 68-80fps on 1080p) Game still looks sharp and beautiful.

4hd
    Participant

Seems like I need to reinstall vorpex. Just got an error message telling me to do that.

AnonPanda
    Participant

Hello Raif, I cant get this working. It loads up title screen and if can get in game it causes steam VR to crash. Then when get to desktop it will say virtual desktop streamer Quest and game pad support have been automatically blocked because of the crash. Any insight? Thanks!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you encounter any issues with vorpX while using an additional streaming tool like VD, please first and foremost check whether the issue also occurs when you connect your Quest with an USB cable to your PC using Oculus Link.

VRified Games
    Participant

I have the same exact issue that Luka has experienced,

Where the games frame rate drops after a few minutes of play

VRan
    Participant

Hey @DuigO How are you??? I am sorry to read you have issues with the game.

Are you playing it connected to the PC or are you casting it to VD or AirLink?

luka2099
    Participant

however i dont think it is a cable or virtual desktop problem. but of the vorpx software. because if the demo works well, the full game must also work well. besides, the problem I have only with this game, indeed with this and with resident evil 7, after the hotfix, made for the problem of resident evil 8.

VRan
    Participant

@Ralf, here is something interesting.

Since there are a couple of people here like @luka2099 and @DuigO that have a major drop of frame rate after several minutes of gameplay. I just tested it with AirLink. It does work for me with no frame drop (unless I get a reason for losing rate like having a swarm of flies in the frame), I have played for about 20 minutes now.

One interesting thing I found was, I tried using the touch controllers this time and when playing I didnt get the weird dragging of the frame when I look sideways while walking like I do get with the Gamepad (which I find very annoying :( ). It is smooth sailing on the Quest2 with Touch controllers.
    Another interesting I found was, and when I aim while holding down the LB on the touch controller the aim goes to where I am looking at (best way possible!) instead of when I was using the gamepad, when I hold LB on it, it locks the aim and I need to maneuver the aim with the right stick…

What do you think could be a solution for that?

VRified Games
    Participant

Hi Vran

I’m good thank you :-)

Hope you are good also.

As Luka2099 said, I also believe it’s a software issue, as no other games with vorpx behave this way,

Also in pancake mode it runs flawlessly

I have used virtual desktop, also airlink and (wired) oculus link over USB 3

I even reset the profile and it did run great, but after maybe between 5 to 10 minutes the frame rate just drops.

I have no idea what the issue might be

luka2099
    Participant

DU1G0 since you also use virtual desktop, if you activate the performance overlay on the virtual desktop menu, you will notice that the fps decreases and the latency increases exponentially. by chance you also have resident evil 7? can you try it and see if it equals resident evil 8?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!