Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Weird, I just AirLinked it and it was running flawlessly (unless the swarm of flies was all over me which made sense for it to struggle abit) but the FPS was pretty good for more then 15 minutes…

Have you tried reinstalling vorpX?

VRified Games
    Participant

Hi Luka2099

I just tried the VD overlay and you are correct, you can see the frames tank at 6 minutes and 53 seconds of play, and progress to get worse

I do not have RE7 on pc so I can’t check that mate.

No issues at all playing the demo

VRified Games
    Participant

Hi vran,

I didn’t reinstall the software yet

I did however reset the profile twice

Both times started flawlessly then got worse

I will try to reinstall

VRified Games
    Participant

@vran

For the controller it sounds like your dead zone is too large,

This can be adjusted inside vorpx on the input page/button binding page

Just choose a lower value for the dead zone and see how that feels

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to get both Virtual Desktop and SteamVR out of the way. Two extra layers between vorpX and the headset always bear the risk of creating weird issues.

vorpX’s native Oculus runtime mode doesn’t work with DX12 for Steam games due to an incompatibility with the DX12 Steam overlay, but OpenXR, which has been added to vorpX recently, does.

1. Close both Virtual Desktop and SteamVR.
    2. Make Oculus your system’s OpenXR runtime by double clicking the .reg file in the linked zip archive: OculusOpenXR.zip. Oculus doesn’t enable OpenXR per default yet, but ist’s already working quite well from my experience. Caveat: The .reg file assumes that the Oculus software is installed in its default folder.
    3. Select OpenXR as your headset type in the vorpX config app on the ‘General’ page.
    4. Use Link/Air Link. DO NOT start SteamVR, it’s not required with OpenXR.
    VRan
    Participant

The dead zone? whaaa? You mean the right stick dead zone? no my friend, it’s got nothing to do with it. I am recording a video showcasing what it is I am facing. You’ll see :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ VRan: probably the key bindings for the VR controllers being different compared to the gamepad bindings. You can adjust them to anything you want in the vorpX menu.

VRan
    Participant

@DuigO – Here is the issue I have encountered – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZX-l7QjXGyDLl6qxYE7LzjGO2IQlsIy/view?usp=sharing

Hey @Ralf I just saw your comment, I was thinking binding as well but was not sure. Can you check the video and see if it is binding issue?

R

RE2Fan
    Participant

Can geometry 3D work ith OpenXR ?

luka2099
    Participant

it seems, without ray tracing, the frame rate remains stable. Du1go can you confirm?

frenchiebong
    Participant

I think you can turn of ASW in the Oculusdebugtool.exe and the frames will remain same and not tank to half the amount.

You don’t have to fix anything in the VorpX menu. It’s already on Device(off).

The steam overlay isn’t giving me any issues and still get a 70-80fps on my Rift S (80 is the max on this headset).

The game is running super smooth. Make sure you guys disable the ASW option in Oculus.

I’m also loving the Profile that ParadiseDecay has made. Check out his Youtube video with Res8 and you’ll greatly appreciate it with anything less than a RTX 2070 Super. (you’ll still see a slight background top and bottom but the resolution and clarity makes it the best settings) I tried playing around but this is the most clear I can get from my spec and Rift S.

VRified Games
    Participant

@Luka

Sadly it didn’t work for me

Strangely I tried the openxr method with my cv1 and it was amazing, solid frame rate no issues

It seems that the quest 2 is the issue, but I have no idea how

AnonPanda
    Participant

Couple things

1, why can I never get head tracking to work properly. No matter how far I look in either direction physically in game it only goes a little. And sometimes it even seems to go the other way. I have turned look acceleration up etc.

2, my main problem seems to be with the Steam Vr home. If I click on game title just through my quest 2 library it loads much better.

thenevik
    Participant

I was halfway enjoying my VR playthrough due to some serious hours in troubleshooting to try and get decent performance. Anyways decided to check back and saw this. Now my game runs much better. Like a charm. I had a feeling SteamVR was causing some issues just wasn’t sure how to get it to where it doesn’t want to launch with the game. Anyways I’m getting 60+ frames on average now on my 2080ti (pretty high settings). So grateful for that extra performance boost and even more grateful to have a hard-working dev to deliver us this experience. Thanks again to Ralph and everyone else helping to get everyone where they want to be, playing this game how it ought to be played. Cheers!

Try to get both Virtual Desktop and SteamVR out of the way. Two extra layers between vorpX and the headset always bear the risk of creating weird issues.

vorpX’s native Oculus runtime mode doesn’t work with DX12 for Steam games due to an incompatibility with the DX12 Steam overlay, but OpenXR, which has been added to vorpX recently, does.

1. Close both Virtual Desktop and SteamVR.
    2. Make Oculus your system’s OpenXR runtime by double clicking the .reg file in the linked zip archive: OculusOpenXR.zip. Oculus doesn’t enable OpenXR per default yet, but ist’s already working quite well from my experience. Caveat: The .reg file assumes that the Oculus software is installed in its default folder.
    3. Select OpenXR as your headset type in the vorpX config app on the ‘General’ page.
    4. Use Link/Air Link. DO NOT start SteamVR, it’s not required with OpenXR.
    AnonPanda
    Participant

Got the head tracking fixed by resetting the profile, but it’s the same settings that I had put in when it stopped working properly for some reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!