Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Starfield Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

Question about shader authoring:

How can i set the shader for a smaller HUD and Game Menu ?

For those who need it, because of letterboxes and pillarboxes:

The hex value for a 1:1 aspect ratio is

00 00 80 3f

The FOV for First Person View has to about 120-150 for contemporary VR !

fFPWorldFOV=150
    fTPWorldFOV=90

Ralph
    Participant

@dborosev

You need the generic_depth_mod.addon64 from the discord.com of the “competitor”

Everything for a sbs profile with competitor is there but i can’t get the HUD smaller for FULLVR of vorpx.

FOV and Aspect Ratio works now according to my taste !

dellrifter22
    Participant

Sometimes you can add the HUD shaders to Z3D for scaling the same way you would for G3D, using the G3D authoring menu.

In dx12, G3D is disabled by default as it doesn’t actually work, but you can still temprarily enable it and scan through the shaders in the authoring menu to assign any shaders to HUD scaling (this is really the only shader manipulation from the list that works in Z3D). Now the HUD scale sliders will show up in your regular vorpX menu on the Image Settings page, and you can scale the HUD in your view the same way you do in G3D. After you have saved your settings you can now turn off G3D authoring and the settings should stick to your Z3D profile.

You might need advanced authoring permission to do this though, I’m not certain. Also note that in rare cases Z3D HUD scaling can cause HUD flickering, but it’s always worth a try.

My purchase of Starfield won’t unlock until the 6th, so I can’t test anything myself yet, but I’ll keep checking here for tips. Thanks guys.

thetommyboy2002
    Participant

I’m using the cloud profile from Auryza (based on Plague tale, I think), and it works.
    2080ti, Pimax 8kx running in 4k at medium settings.
    I’m getting 40-60 fps in the small test I’ve done so far (though 98% gpu.
    The Hud in game is too far out to the sides to see, and the lack of head movement to look around is throwing me, but those can be addressed, I imagine.
    And it is awesome.

Ralph
    Participant

Starfield Alpha v0.1 user profile

Starfield Alpha v0.1

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Dave!

romandesign
    Participant

Can someone report on the details when the official profile is released, please? I don’t have VorpX yet, and the VR is a must, I have zero interest in purchasing Starfield if I can only play it in pancake mode. So the question of whether VorpX works well with Starfield or not is crucial – I either decide to buy both Starfield and VorpX or none.

– Does it work in full stereoscopic 3D?
    – Is it a fully immersive VR (without motion controllers of course)?
    – Does the movement work well (VR controllers as gamepad for independent movement, head tracking for aiming)?
    – Do motion controller gestures work well? I tried the Cyperpunk 2077 mod with gestures and I liked how they work. It’s not as good as full VR controllers of course, but it’s a reasonable compromise. Would they work the same in Starfield? It would be even better to have independent aiming with motion controller instead of head tracking, but I guess it’s out of the question for now.
    – Is the image flickery in any way? I read somewhere that VorpX is actually better than the free Cyberpunk mode in that respect, but I’m not sure.
    – Is the performance good with Starfield? I have a top of the line system: 7950X3D CPU + 4090 GPU + Reverb G2, but can it be smooth? Does motion projection work, can I lock it at 45FPS with motion projection to get a smooth experience?
    – Does the DLSS mod work with VorpX / VR?

Any other details would also be appreciated. I’m not buying either VorpX or Starfield until I can be reasonably sure they are going to work.

BTW unrelated question: Can a Joystick/HOTAS be modded into Starfield? I built a motion cockpit for flight sims which I’d love to use with Starfield if I can get my custom joysticks to work with it.

Ralph
    Participant

You’ll be happy, because most of the official profiles released for other games in the past will match all your questions. Have patience and wait for support of the Developer of Vorpx, he is called Ralf, he will post the details of his official profile here i that forum. You worry too much, Vorpx is the right thing for you, you will have fun with Vorpx and Starfield !

romandesign
    Participant

I hope so… It’s such a shame that VR is not getting the attention it deserves. Starfield could be a perfect game if it got full VR Support, Joystick/Hotas support, atmospheric flight with manual approach/landing/takeoff/docking (i.e. real piloting Elite Dangerous style, not a series of cutscenes).

dborosev
    Participant

The game is glorious in 3D, either of the methods mentioned.

markbradley1982
    Participant

You’ll be happy, because most of the official profiles released for other games in the past will match all your questions. Have patience and wait for support of the Developer of Vorpx, he is called Ralf, he will post the details of his official profile here i that forum. You worry too much, Vorpx is the right thing for you, you will have fun with Vorpx and Starfield !

Yeah a guy who built a motion cockpit definitely is someone would most likely enjoy VorpX.

I’ve played/play Fallout New Vegas, Rocket League, Cyberpunk 2077 (before the dedicated VR mod) and Final Fantasy 7 Remake completely in VR using VorpX. It’s a great tool for hobbyists and stereo-heads.

Unfortunately I haven’t played Starfield yet, and it sounds like my PC is going to need an upgrade for it.

romandesign
    Participant

I decided to take the plunge with Starfield, but I’m waiting for the official VorpX profile before I decide to buy it. I tried Starfield briefly with Reshade 3D solution. It actually works and there is full 3D, but I could see the halos around objects (because 3D is generated from a depth map) and the performance is not there yet. I’m projecting a 4K desktop to a virtual curved 3D monitor. I need to play with DLSS + frame generation replacement (already available) and other performance tweaks, to see if I can maintain a steady 45fps which combined with motion compensation should give a smooth picture. It’s not smooth enough yet, by far, and that’s on 7950X3D / RTX4090.

But at least it seems that the game is “bookable” for 3D, so I hope VorpX can do a better job for VR integration. The problem with the other solution as it’s just a virtual monitor, meaning head tracking doesn’t affect aiming.

A nasty surprise was that it’s not just joysticks that Starfield doesn’t support, but even a simultaneous gamepad and mouse wouldn’t work. I can’t use a mouse for aiming and a gamepad thumbstick for walking, not at the same time. It’s either keyboard+mouse or gamepad, one takes over another.

I wish there would be a way for aiming independently of looking around, and then convert the motion controller to emulate the mouse, so it could be used for aiming while head tracking would be used for looking. That would be great, but I think Starfield doesn’t have free aiming – the target is always glued to the center of the screen…

luka2099
    Participant

Can someone report on the details when the official profile is released, please? I don’t have VorpX yet, and the VR is a must, I have zero interest in purchasing Starfield if I can only play it in pancake mode. So the question of whether VorpX works well with Starfield or not is crucial – I either decide to buy both Starfield and VorpX or none.

– Does it work in full stereoscopic 3D?
    – Is it a fully immersive VR (without motion controllers of course)?
    – Does the movement work well (VR controllers as gamepad for independent movement, head tracking for aiming)?
    – Do motion controller gestures work well? I tried the Cyperpunk 2077 mod with gestures and I liked how they work. It’s not as good as full VR controllers of course, but it’s a reasonable compromise. Would they work the same in Starfield? It would be even better to have independent aiming with motion controller instead of head tracking, but I guess it’s out of the question for now.
    – Is the image flickery in any way? I read somewhere that VorpX is actually better than the free Cyberpunk mode in that respect, but I’m not sure.
    – Is the performance good with Starfield? I have a top of the line system: 7950X3D CPU + 4090 GPU + Reverb G2, but can it be smooth? Does motion projection work, can I lock it at 45FPS with motion projection to get a smooth experience?
    – Does the DLSS mod work with VorpX / VR?

Any other details would also be appreciated. I’m not buying either VorpX or Starfield until I can be reasonably sure they are going to work.

BTW unrelated question: Can a Joystick/HOTAS be modded into Starfield? I built a motion cockpit for flight sims which I’d love to use with Starfield if I can get my custom joysticks to work with it.

so , all games with dx12 api only work with znormal and zadaptive , which are not stereoscopic 3d like g3d. if you are not a virtual reality sommelier, the zadaptive and znormal are still very good and immersive. you aim with headtracking and you can use the motion controllers as if they were a gamepad. if you use the beta version of vorpx gestures will work too. however I use the regular version of vorpx , the beta I uninstalled out of desperation , too many system conflicts and poor game compatibility. in fullvr mode I suggest you to use aspect ratio : stretch . for starfield you also need to set game world fov and viewmodel fov with cheat engine. I leave you the gameplay video with my profile

Ralph
    Participant
    markbradley1982
    Participant

“so , all games with dx12 api only work with znormal and zadaptive , which are not stereoscopic 3d like g3d.”

It’s still stereoscopic 3D but not full 3D geometric reconstruction (hence you may see that objects are “paper dolls” in addition to halos, but depth is still very good looking). It’s similar to the 3D of movies that were converted from 2D to 3D in post processing rather than filmed natively in 3D.

On the other hand you may have a point that it’s actually stereoscopic depth rather than stereoscopic 3D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!