vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Kaaliba
    Participant

@ Ralf : Thanks so much! I’ll try playing around with it more and will let you know if I learn anything significant. Hope you have a great weekend also!

Warrie
    Participant

Somehow I was so excited with the update that I kept mentioning F1 2001 in my post.. I meant F1 2020 ;)

Maichevsky
    Participant

After the update, with Portal 2 the right xbox-controller stick X-axis doesn’t work anymore, after performing DirectVR scan

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s actually a feature, almost all native VR games work in the same manner.

In most cases you can disable the y-axis lock on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu though. BUT: the locked y-axis keeps the horizon where it supposed to be, so unless there is some game breaking issue caused by the lock, you typically should leave it enabled for better comfort.

Maichevsky
    Participant

I am talking about the X-axis, not the Y-axis.
    So you can’t turn, which isn’t very handy :)

Also I have weird flickering now in Portal 2. Not the kind of flickering from not using a 4:3 resolution (which I am using), another kind off flickering.

And with Alien Marines the shadows don’t turn off anymore (using the option in the VorpX menu). Resulting in flickering shadows everywhere.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In Portal 2 you shouldn‘t even have to run the scanner, the profile comes with an updated cache for the latest Portal 2 version, it should just work normally. Please try a full factory reset in the config app. If you continue to have this problem afterwards, switch either to mouse and keyboard or VR controllers in mouse/kB mode. Under normal circumstances the gamepad should work though, don‘t recall to ever have heard of this issue before TBH.

If you happen to have any mods installed for the game, please also check whether the issue occurs without.

Aliens: Will look into that. I‘m not 100% sure, but IIRC shadows can be disabled in the game‘s graphics options.

Maichevsky
    Participant

The controller problem turned out to be something else, I am very sorry! The flickering also disappeared with that.

You can turn down the shadow quality in the Alien menu, but you can’t turn it off. Was playing the game very recently and everything was fine. Maybe I can tweak out the shadow in some other way.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Or just wait a bit. I’ll check the game sometime next week and if necessary will update shader definitions. Sounds like that might be the issue here. Now is weekend for me too though, so you’ll need a bit of patience. One thing you could check on your end is trying all shadow options the game has. With a bit of luck the shadow shader definitions work with one of the settings.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks again Ralf, but i found an issue i think.

In Monster Hunter World, i can maintain 45 fps stable, but in this case the headset framerate drop often below 45 and smoothness drop also.

It’s more happening in Fast synchronisation mode, but in safe mode my game framerate drop below 45.

Can you do something about this?

OpenXR with Reverb G2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

When the headset framerate becomes unstable, there is very high load on the GPU. That’s actually what the safe sync is primarily for. With safe sync some GPU resources are shifted from the game rendering to the second step when vorpX pushes the image to the headset.

Your other option instead of switching to safe sync would be reducing the GPU workload if possible, e.g. by lowering graphics details and/or game resolution until there is enough room again for the headset rendering step to be stable. That’s what I would recommend to do. More straight forward than tinkering with the sync option.

BTW: vorpX is designed to handle game framerates below 45fps gracefully, that just didn’t work right with WMR over SteamVR. With OpenXR even dips into 20fps territory should work judder-free now. Before with WMR over SteamVR any game framerate below 45fps would have been an unplayable, juddery mess.

BTW2: There are two fast options, try both.

Maichevsky
    Participant

I was surprised you even reacted on a Saturday night. VorpX is kinda experimental by nature, I don’t expect everything to always work perfectly. I sure don’t expect every little thing to be fixed right away! Just came across it, so I thought to bring it up.

Picdelag
    Participant

Yep, take your week-end and time for yourself also Ralf.

But i’m still thinking there is an issue with Monster Hunter. If you can check and confirm on your side it will be cool…

BTW response : Yes, OpenXR is a GREAT improvement compared to steamvr for WMR headset, but to the point to say 20 FPS is playable i’m not so sure…
    Not what i’ve noticed on my side at least. But i’ve only tried Monster Hunter and Battlefront 2 for the moment. Battlefront is really beneficing more efficiently from OpenXR. All my graphics options stay almost the same, but i’ve raised the resolution from 1183p to 1440p with same/better smoothness.
    I use the “motion reprojection” “always on” in the OpenXR settings. (not sure about therms, i’m not english…)
    Have also tried the 30fps reprojection, but it was not enjoyable.

BTW2 response : Yes, forget to report it, but i have also tried the Alt. Fast Sync.

I think my GPU is not @100% utilisation for Monster Hunter.
    I will benchmark it again tomorow, i’m not remembering well from my last play…

senoctar
    Participant

I can confirm someskunkfunk’s issue with hooking into games that use Ansel. SWBF2 does not hook with OpenXR, while working fine in SteamVR/Generic. Initially I though it’s due to the Origin launcher which has to start before the game, but then I tried the suggestion to rename AnselSDK64.dll and it worked.
    Maybe this can be fixed in a future version or added to the troubleshooting page. It’s an easy workaround but not everyone will read this thread.

Other than that the update is indeed a major improvement for WMR. Many thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Picdeleg

Just checked the game for you. No problem here to keep up stable 90fps for the headset thread even if everything is set so high that the game itself only runs with 20fps. Please try the following: 1. Reset the game’s profile to default, 2. Make sure the game runs in DX11 mode (normally vorpX takes care of that). 3. Try to enable/disable ‘Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling’ in the Windows options. Didn’t make a difference for me, but worth a shot. Usually I have it enabled these days, but whether or not that is better may be system dependent. 4. If you happen to have the WMR dev tools installed, also check whether you maybe accidentally forced reprojection, which would make WMR cap itself to 45fps.

@ senoctar

I’m already testing a solution for the Ansel issue. There are two potential ways to deal with it. The easy one would be to add the Ansel dll to the list of overlays vorpX tries to block. The other one is initializing the headset later. That has far reaching consequences in several ways though, so it will need rigorous testing before I can decide. Ideally it will be the latter in the end, but should testing show that breaks other things, it will be the Ansel block.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks Ralf i will try your recomandations soon!

Yes i forced reprojection in the WMR dev tools but it’s intentional. But in this case the game is stable 45fps but the headset drop below 45

—-

For those who have Battlefront 2 not hooking, it’s working 100% on my Reverb G2 with OpenXR : /

But my Nvidia Geforce Experience overlay is completely disabled, so Ansel might be too…

I prefer your first solution for this Ralf, just block Ansel.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!