vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

21/05/08
    vorpX 21.2.0.3 has been released.

This is a small in-between releases hotfix with the below changes:

• Fixed: Low framerate with the Resident Evil Village release version
    • Fixed: Some buttons in the vorpX menu didn’t work via keyboard/gamepad anymore
    • New Profile: Resident Evil Village: Full VR, scalable HUD
    Harti
    Participant

I got today an update – and now the configuration for the right stick on the gamepad does not work anymore. The right stick is for the camera and after every update I have to configure it new for the camera – the Y position is very slow, so I have to set it to a higher value than default (0,03 => 0,25 or even higher. But this does not work anymore – so I have to move the head (looking down to the feet, looking up to the sky instead of using the left stick. Even setting left Stick Y to 1.00 does not change anything, changing any values there from 0,25 to anything does not help (right stick and left stick).
    Is there the possibility to go back to the last working version?
    Btw I am playing Elder Scroll online with VORPX and it works really fine

Harti
    Participant

Ahhh, I found the Y setting, it is hidden as: VR-Y Setting …. so the other settings does not work, because one need to set this one

senoctar
    Participant

@ apollon01

Things might change in WMR/OpenXR and vorpX as well. I would say your best bet is to enable FPS display in vorpX via Alt + F. It will display both the game FPS and headset FPS. My understanding is the uprate/reprojection from game to headset is handled by vorpX and from headset FPS to headset display refresh rate is handled by WMR.
    Suppose your HMD is set at 90 Hz (which is fixed since there’s no adaptive sync) this is what the values should mean:

• Game: 90, Headset: 90 – great, no reprojection
    • Game: < 90, Headset: 90 – vorpX reprojects
    • Game: 45, Headset: 45 – WMR reprojects
    • Game: < 45, Headset: 45 – vorpX reprojects from game to 45, WMR reprojects from 45 to 90

The headset FPS can potentially drop below 90 or 45 but this hadly ever happens over OpenXR (it used to a lot with SteamVR).

With the OpenXR update however I don’t find WMR Motion Reprojection to be that useful. I was using it sometimes to lower GPU usage and avoid stuttering when it felt better than FluidSync. Now I can just let the game render at whatever it can and feels better overall.

ShibbyPanda72
    Participant

My graphics appear a lot better. How is the new Resident Evil profile working / look ?

RJK_
    Participant

Resident: Evil Village which modes are available on the new profile (G3D/Z3D) ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

D3D12 is always Z3D currently.

RJK_
    Participant

Tnx Ralf !

cbrobi
    Participant

hi, I want to ask if its possible to assign the FAR CRY 3 executable to the profile for FAR CRY 4, because the FAR CRY 3 profile (with z3d) has a depht 3d setting which puts the 3d depht too far(even on the nearest value), so objects in the middle and far distance are looking way too small and unrealistic, also the 3d its just on the far objects, not around the player, I tried every combination of settings, but the problem for me is this. Since FAR CRY 4 and 5 give a much closer 3d when set closer, I thought if possible assign that profile to FAR CRY 3? I tried but it wont let me do that, how to do that?

takatori
    Participant

In both Portal and Portal 2, but not that I’ve noticed in other HL2 games like Transmissions: Element 120, there is consistent rotational jitter as if I’m wobbling my head side-to-side ±1° every frame.

If I’m very careful and hold my head perfectly still “just so”, I can get it to stop, but the moment my head moves in the slightest, that side-to-side roll is back.

If I roll my head sideways on purpose, the scope of the jitter gets proportionally larger; with my head tilted ~45° to the side, the screen shudders back and forth between that 45° angle and the horizontal.

The weapon also sometimes flickers between being close and slightly further away, but this flicker every second or so and not in sync with the roll flicker, which is consistently frame-to-frame.

Vive Pro Eye driven by an RTX3090, 90FPS solid showing in FPSVR.

Ryks
    Participant

I’m having this same Portal 2 headtracking issue; doesn’t happen in Half-Life, or HL: Episode 1 (not sure about Episode 2); whenever I move my head, a subtle swimmy rotation echoes for a moment, then stops.

vorpX scanning & settings have no effect…the behavior remains unchanged.

(This was my first ever Portal 2 session with vorpX, yesterday, 2020-05-20; it directly followed a vorpX update).

Edit:
    VorpX version 21.2.0.3

Ryks
    Participant

I’m having this same Portal 2 headtracking issue; doesn’t happen in Half-Life, or HL: Episode 1 (not sure about Episode 2); whenever I move my head, a subtle swimmy rotation echoes for a moment, then stops.

vorpX scanning & settings have no effect…the behavior remains unchanged.

(This was my first ever Portal 2 session with vorpX, yesterday, 2020-05-20; it directly followed a vorpX update).

Edit:
    VorpX version 21.2.0.3

(having an issue with post, re-edit…wanted to add specs)

CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU
    AMD Radeon 5700xt

32GB RAM

HMD
    Valve Index HMD

Control
    Mouse & Keyboard

SteamVR Beta 1.17.9

ssynytsi
    Participant

Since Vorpx 21.2.0, Positional tracking in games with unofficial profile(haven’t tested all) stopped working. I did turn it on, also I noticed it says to ALT+SPACE to activate it? Positional tracking does work in games with official profile, like Kingdom Come Deliverance, but others with unofficial profile that worked with version 21.1.1, don’t work anymore.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not directly related to official/unofficial, but the user override for positional tracking in profiles where it’s off per default doesn’t do anything currently. Fixed already in the current dev build. There will be a maintenance release in a week or two including the fix.

ssynytsi
    Participant

Awesome, thx!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!