vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Cless_Aurion
    Participant

Yeah, apologies, by not working I mean, the whole game crashes and burns taking VorpX with it. No error, no anything. Says the usual “trying to hook” and when it should hook and open the game fullscreen, instead, they both die at the exact same time and close.

The thing is, none of the trying new hooks should be needed, should it? I mean, I’m 30h into some of those games with VorpX, and have been using VorpX often since like… 2017, so its not like I don’t know what I’m doing either.

In any case, I’ll make that report and send it your way Ralf!
    Hopefully we can fix this and I can get my hands on the beta, really good stuff by the looks of it!

Ralf
    Keymaster

There shouldn’t really be any difference at all to how games behave when you launch them normally from your desktop. With some luck the logfiles and/or system information in the trouble shoot data can shed some light on the issue.

MrSchneeps
    Participant

Have been using the Desktop Viewer for all of these betas very successfully. However, with the latest update it doesn’t seem to want to return me to my actual monitor. Any of taking off the headset, closing the desktop viewer app, or shutting down vorpx altogether, just leave me with a black screen. I have even managed to get a black screen on re-booting, which I know Ralph wanted to ensure did not happen.
    The only way it works for me is if I allow the headset to go to sleep from inactivity, at which point actual monitor and desktop are restored (pesky Windows icon randomness notwithstanding).
    I may well have misunderstood how to exit the desktop viewer; if so, please enlighten me!

Intel 12700k, 2080ti drv:531.29, Reverb G2

drowhunter
    Participant

Wow this Virtual Screen sounds great!

Tell me , can it still be used to view SBS content?

A virtual 32×9 screen with SBS support would be great for Stereo 3D games.

I know vorpx is all about VR and less about s3D and that’s fine, I’m okay with letting other software do the work of creating the SBS content like reshade.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Mr. Schneeps:

You can always disable the virtual display by exiting the desktop viewer or choosing ‘Disable Virtual Monitor’ in the vorpX tray icon’s right click menu.

What’s new this time is that vorpX per default uses the headset activity to switch the virtual display on/off, most headsets have an IR sensor for that. Possible that the G2 doesn’t report inactivity a few seconds after taking off the headset as one might expect. By chance I have one here, so I can check that. Thanks for the hint.

You can fairly easily go back to how things worked before: on the new ‘Virtual Monitor’ page in the config app uncheck ‘Activate when you put on your headset’. That way the virtual display should behave like before, additionally you might want to check ‘Allow manual activation’.

PS: If you remember how that happened, it would great if you could let me know how you managed to get the black screen on boot, and whether maybe at least it was gone again on the next boot after that.

@ drowhunter:

That is the case. Frankly I haven’t tried an external 3D solution myself yet, but it should work just fine. What I’m not so sure about is whether a 32:9 display is of any help for e.g. double wide 16:9 SBS. If you try, I’d be happy to hear if/how that helps in any way.

The more interesting thing in terms of playing games via the desktop viewer is probably the virtual display running at your headset refresh rate. As far as I’m aware no other desktop capture app can do that. Not really the original reason for adding the virtual display, but a nice extra benefit.

Fearganainm
    Participant

The disable virtual monitor button is greyed out, is this normal?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only while it is already disabled. Did you encounter this while it is enabled?

luka2099
    Participant

then i don’t know if it’s about the latest beta, but i have this “problem”. i have a full hp 1980×1080 screen. after enabling virtual monitor i set the resolution of this screen from windows , let’s say 5400×4000, and select extend these desktop screens. after which i launch the game. in the game options I have to select screen 2 and then bring the resolution to 5400×4000. everything ok works perfectly.
    now, if instead I select duplicate screens instead of extending them, when I go to the game options I find only one screen, ok, but the maximum resolution is always only 2560×1440. Is there a way to make the game options have only one screen at 5400×4000? so that I no longer have to go into game options and change the resolution?

Fearganainm
    Participant

@Ralf Yes. Had some issues with update. It kept crashing on launch until I had unticked, the admin launch button. Then I did a re-install and virtual monitor works, but I have no way of disabling it apart from exiting vorpx. I can send on a log tomorrow, if you like.

MrSchneeps
    Participant

@Ralf – will try to re-create my black screen on boot, but yes you are exactly correct; normal service was resumed on second boot, which sounds as though that was your intention. Forgive me for being a doubter!
    I have adjusted settings as you suggested – thankyou.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ luka

The virtual display is indeed meant to be used as only screen to avoid the multi-display annoyances you ran into. It gets enabled (and disables your actual monitor) when you launch the vorpX desktop viewer and put on your headset.

If you want to use the virtual display, using the desktop viewer as a launchpad for everything else is the easiest (and intended) way.

@ Fearganainm

That would be nice. I’m especially interested in log files with the admin crash since I don’t get that here.

@ MrSchneeps

Ideally things should be back to normal on first boot already, if that fails on second. Glad at least that worked for you.

Fearganainm
    Participant

@Ralf Sent
    After a restart, Vorpx will not launch at all, crashes on startup. Virtual monitor is showing in display settings, as inactive. :(

Fearganainm
    Participant

Strange as the beta worked fine for me prior to your recent update. Can I go back to that for the time being?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to uninstall/reinstall or go back to last regular version with the normal web installer. I can’t maintain several betas at once, sorry.

Please send the trouble shoot data. Disappointingly not a single one of you actually did that when I requested it since the beta start in December. Doesn’t really make much sense for me to have these betas when in the end I just has have as little useful information at hand as without…

Fearganainm
    Participant

Update: A reinstall has seemed to have gotten it working as designed, except in the vorpx dropdown even though the virtual monitor is enabled and is showing as such in display settings, in the dropdown it shows as enable virtual monitor. Also for the first time when I enabled virtual monitor it automatically disabled my monitor. But I got the vorpx desktop app to attach so that’s good. Can send you logs of last sesh if you wish.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!