vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Fearganainm
    Participant

Sent you an email of session logs prior to my reinstall about ten minutes ago.

Fearganainm
    Participant

I’m still on Win 10. Would that make a difference?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, it shouldn’t. But thanks for the logs.

Fearganainm
    Participant

@Ralf Log sent

Fearganainm
    Participant

No probs happy to help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Brief heads-up that there shortly will be a change in how to report bugs in beta builds.

That’s the deal with betas: you stay on the cutting edge, I get information that helps me during development. The second part so far didn’t work at all. Truly not at all. :\

I got very little helpful information out of this in three months since the first beta went online. A (small) handful concise enough issue descriptions in this thread and logs from Fearganainm after asking thrice. Noone else bothered to send requested log files during that time. To say that’s disappointing is an understatement.

Hard to guess why noone bothers. Helping me literally is helping yourself here, guys.

Not that I’m overly optimistic, but there will be one last try to rectify that: a bug report option in the config app that makes it easier for you to report bugs in an actually useful fashion. This bug report option will be the only way to report beta bugs and issues.

For those who understandably might have privacy concerns: there is nothing privacy invading in those trouble shoot archives. Just vorpX logfiles and some basic information about the system. You send Microsoft, Steam, Meta, Google, Discord, Reddit, all those [add funky smartphone-app here]-devs and god knows whom two orders of magnitude more sensitive data each day, each hour, each click and each button press on your gamepad. They just aren’t asking nicely, they simply collect without a pause since you clicked away some incomprehensible legal gibberish five years ago.

adzter
    Participant

Hey Ralf…
    Probably just a lack of understanding the ins & outs of a BETA for a lot of us.
    I know I had some issues with the previous BETA. I mentioned here having my mouse get stuck, and having to reboot the PC sometimes etc. But then my brain defaulted to ‘I’ll wait for the next BETA. It’ll probably be sorted by then!’
    I never thought to send log files. I thought you’d magically know what was going on out there in the ether.
    I know that sounds silly… but it’s true.
    And this last BETA… everything has worked great for me! So my latest log file would read ‘played Jedi Fallen Order for hours on desktop viewer & everything worked perfectly’. ;)
    Is there perhaps a way you can have log files auto-generate and send to you when we’re using a BETA?
    It could be a part of the deal. ie. We’d have to agree to that to test the BETA.
    I’m just spit balling here.
    I know I’d be happy to contribute to make your job easier. I think if you tell us specifically what you need from us, I imagine most people would feel the same.
    Perhaps lay out some instructions as to the best way to go about it all.
    I don’t even know where the logfiles are. Are they generated whenever Vorpx runs? Only on crashes etc? Do we email them to you at support, or post them here? How big or small an issue is worth sending a log file? (eg. sometimes vorpx wouldn’t do what I expected the first time. But the next time it did). All that kinda stuff.
    I came on here and asked some questions on here a few times and you would be quick with answers. Is it better to send log files than bring up issues in this thread? These are all things I know I’m not quite sure of. So others might be in the dark about them too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t have to send logfiles all the time. While most big games, your OS, and many, many apps come with intense telemetry these days, which can be a huge help for developers – that’s not all just evil – I think vorpX can do without.

So if all works, all good. Although of course I‘m always delighted to actually hear that occasionally. So, thanks! :)

What‘s disheartening for a dev are practically useless „doesn‘t work, please help/fix“ posts and then dead silence when you ask for the necessary information to actually look into that. I do this long enough to expect that most of the time, but man, noone bothering to click a button and send an e-mail with a bit of extra info while wanting something checked/fixed in three months? That‘s a sad new record.

You can do better than that, guys! Like said above: helping me quite literally is helping yourself. If you want stuff fixed, I need to know what needs fixing. Logs and a few extra infos about your rigs are essential for that.

Maybe the bug report option will help, maybe it won‘t. We‘ll see.

petey53
    Participant

All custom profiles are back up and working, everything else seems to be working quite well too, great work. Thanks.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Hello,
    Since the last update, The witcher 3 doesn’t hook anymore in AFr mode, only Z3D.

Cless_Aurion
    Participant

[removed]

Mod remark:

I have copied this post of course, so you don’t have to resend it entirely. Please don’t forget to send the logs though. Thanks in advance.

None of your issues is replicable here, neither the multi-monitor issue occurred during testing, nor did any new hooking issues occur. Without additional information your post has very limited value since there is no way to check issues that aren’t replicable.

In such a case log files etc. are essential for even the most basic form of issue validation.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ All:

I have to streamline the handling of beta issue reports to make it more effective. Some of the issues reported in this thread are individual issues, others aren’t. I need additional information and log files to be able to verify what might be a general problem and prioritize accordingly.

Bug/issue reports only submitted here or submitted without any log files cannot be taken into account anymore going forward. Thanks for your understanding.

Please send all beta bug/issue reports including relevant log files via e-mail to support at vorpX com. You can create an archive with log files and some basic system information with a single click on the trouble shooting page of the config app. Doesn’t involve any more effort on your end than a forum post, but is infinitely more valuable for me, and thus in the end for you.

Cless_Aurion
    Participant

All 3 logs sent with further details explaining them! Hopefully you can streamline it so its smooth for the next version.
    Keep up the good work Ralf!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks. Without being able to replicate your issues that way I’ll at least be able to see whether there is a starting point for checking whether they might be more than individual issues.

Cless_Aurion
    Participant

Thanks for answering back so fast Ralf!

Actually, I’ve been overly cautious, since you said to take seriously this as a proper Beta and not what companies do (also because I can’t live without it <3 )
    So I actually did keep a copy of my previous VorpX installation files on a different hard drive. Its from the previous beta (the January one) that worked flawlessly on my system (UE4 games included).
    So, just now I deleted the latest beta and put the older beta files there instead.

When I use that version, 100% of the issues with UE4 games disappear (I checked just now, and all the games I told you run exactly like they should). Would that indicate it has not been a change on my system that is affecting them, but something the new beta is doing instead?… no idea what though, you are the pro there!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!