vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Just tried the release build instead of my dev build with two DX11 UE4 games and I think you might be right. No problem with th4 dev build, but insta crash with the release build… Will do additional testing next week. Now is finally weekend for me though, so this mystery will have to wait a little.

Cless_Aurion
    Participant

No problem man, have a nice rest of the weekend!

Ralph
    Participant

Last of Us Beta profile release tomorrow or later this weekend ? Tomorrow would be perfect, because everyone has holiday and on Sunday and Monday we have to visit our family’s.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I spent the whole week with this shitty nVidia driver bug that pretty much breaks half the DirectVR profiles. I *might* upload a beta build with the ‘The Last of Us’ profile tomorrow, but honestly can’t promise anything. Working around the nVidia bug comes first. Might not look that important to you, but is a catastrophic emergency style top priority for me…

Ralph
    Participant

Ok, i cross my fingers for the bugfixing and the beta release with the profile !

Thank you for your enormous efforts !!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m notoriously unreceptive to obvious influencing attempts via compliments, sorry. I might actually consider that an insult if you overdo it. ;) Don’t hold your breath in regard to The Last of Us this weekend.

Ralph
    Participant

Now I’m hating this shitty nVidia driver, too ! The time to bugfix this, is like a feature that nobody ask for and kills the time to create the wanted Vorpx Beta. Shitty nVidia driver ! Shit, Shit, Shit !

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m notoriously unreceptive to obvious influencing attempts via affirmation too, sorry again. ;)

If I may give you a bit of unsolicited life advice: leave stuff like that to bank consultants and the likes. They have to, whether they want or not. You don’t.

Ralph
    Participant

Do you not believe in Motivation ? I know that you are like a workaholic, perhaps this is the reason why you don’t need nice words, because you will work like a workaholic anyway.

But for myself, it is a pitty without the new profile. The first big patch of Last of Us, not Hotfix, will be release tomorrow or Saturday, and Nvidia perhaps will release a new driver, and i cross my fingers that will make the things a little big better.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t believe in manipulation. Motivate a bunch of people without having the extra (and probably primary) goal of gaining something from their motivation. We can discuss the matter further afterwards.

Ralph
    Participant

Begging is not stealing, but of course begging is kind of manipulation in that way, that you are trying to be very nice and humble to get something what you want.

I will start an other game as The last of us this weekend, I actually wanted to avoid that. Postponing is standard in the gaming sector these days. I can understand the developers why they do it again and again, but i don’t have to like that. Postponing kills hypes and anticipation, and that is not easy for the customer gamer like myself.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Perfectly understandable. Please still save us both the ‘motivation’ part next time. Did sound like some untalented insurance agent after a bad psychology weekend seminar. ;)

Sometimes, and this week was/is such a week, postponing stuff isn’t even a choice. When something I can’t influence at all breaks half of the most important vorpX profiles, that’s what has to be addressed ASAP. Now you know why there is a ‘can’t promise anything’ caveat attached to pretty much every single thing I say about even the near future.

Rivas10
    Participant

ASW is not working for me since the BETA update. I´m playing it with QUest 2. In FPS meter, vorpx gives me the correct fps (game fps 1/2 of Headset FPS), but this is not perceptible in VR, giving me a raw image without motion smoothing.

Rivas10
    Participant

It´s seems that i can´t disable vorpx motion smoothing (I want to use only native Quest ASW).

mstmorse
    Participant

Whenever I start the desktop viewer, I get it is trying to attach to vorpx. It then says it is taking too long and should not happen. should I put on excluded list? Or should this not be happening?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!