vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    DanThePman
    Participant

Whenever I start the desktop viewer, I get it is trying to attach to vorpx. It then says it is taking too long and should not happen. should I put on excluded list? Or should this not be happening?

I also noticed that. When starting the desktop viewer sometimes vorpx is trying to attach to itself (vorpDesktop.exe). Adding that process to the excluded list seems to get ignored.

I sometimes also experienced some random process exits recently even after only starting vorpx beta without doing anything.
    After hitting the Apply & Close button vorpx minimizes to the system tray and exist afterwards immediately.
    Reinstalling did not help.
    It does not occur at every start up though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX is supposed to get attached to the desktop viewer .exe. The viewer actually loads it directly similar to using a hook helper, so if there is some issue with that, something is seriously wrong. Might be some av program running amok.

Apart from that:

I have to streamline the handling of beta issue reports to make it more effective. Some of the issues reported in this thread are individual issues, others aren’t. I need additional information and log files to be able to verify what might be a general problem and prioritize accordingly.

Bug/issue reports only submitted here or submitted without any log files cannot be taken into account anymore going forward. Thanks for your understanding.

Please send all beta bug/issue reports including relevant log files via e-mail to support at vorpX com. You can create an archive with log files and some basic system information with a single click on the trouble shooting page of the config app. Doesn’t involve any more effort on your end than a forum post, but is infinitely more valuable for me, and thus in the end for you.

DanThePman
    Participant

I managed to recreate the issue when vorpx beta randomly exits and I created a log file right after it.
    I can send it as an email if you want but the main log file is really short and doesnt seem contain any useful information.
    Here it is:
    INF: VorpControl: Starting (32bit, version 23.1.0).
    INF: VorpControl: Starting elevated (32bit, version 23.1.0).
    INF: WinHelper: reported version: 10.0.22621.1344
    INF: VorpControl: Starting elevated (64bit, version 23.1.0).
    INF: vorpControl: Profile database updates disabled.
    INF: VorpControl: Exiting.
    INF: VorpControl: Exiting 64bit.

Regarding the attaching issue Im not aware whether vorpx *always* tries to attach to itself when starting the desktop viewer as I can only tell if the message box sometimes appears where it says “Attaching to vorpDesktop.exe”.
    I obviously dont know what happens in the background but every time this message appears the desktop viewer doesnt start and the hook also fails.
    I didnt run any anti virus software when that happened.
    I try to also recreate the issue and provide a log file but it may take some time because it does occur more rarely.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally the desktop viewer attaching should happen so quickly that the attach dialog rarely ever pops up at all. Log files and the according system info in the trouble shoot data archive are the only things that may potentially help me to get an idea of why your issue occurs. Without them I can‘t even really take a guess.

Please send all beta bug/issue reports including relevant log files via e-mail to support at vorpX com. You can create an archive with log files and some basic system information with a single click on the trouble shooting page of the config app. Doesn’t involve any more effort on your end than a forum post, but is infinitely more valuable for me, and thus in the end for you.

DanThePman
    Participant

So besides sending a crash log I’ve actively been trying to reproduce the crash to find out if there is a special order of events that triggers it.
    Unfortunately I could not find any particular order.
    Sometimes vorpx just decided to crash right after booting the operating system while no special software like overlays / anti virus programs or special services were running.
    However I found out that restarting the vorpService manually through the task manager is a reliable way to ensure that the next startup of vorpx is successful on my system.
    Every time vorpx closed itself after 2 consecutive starting attempts I restarted the vorpService and the next startup was garantueed to work.

adzter
    Participant

Is there any way Desktop Viewer could be able to show overlays, Ralf?
    I’m thinking of Xbox Game Bar specifically. It’s a bit tricky re: inviting and accepting party invites from friends with the new DV because, with it switching off the monitor, there’s no way to access the game bar gui.

VRified Games
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Good Morning,

I just updated to Beta 3 and the witcher 3 profile no longer has AFR or G3D

Have I messed up the install or were they intentionally removed?

thanks mate.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should still work, but always possible that a game patch broke something. Will check that next week.

Another option would be some other mod interfering. AFR 3D is done via a script mod in W3 and the way W3 handles scripted mods unfortunately means that mods affecting the same game script can very easily overwrite each other, breaking either one of them or even both. So if in doubt remove any extra mods you may have installed for testing.

There is tool named scriptmerger that can *try* to deal with such issues, but if e.g. two mods both affect the camera that might not help at all.

VRified Games
    Participant

thank you Ralf

it was a clean install though, i also reset the profile.

i appreaciate you are crazy busy, and i thank you for your time 😊

matteo39
    Participant

maybe i start last of us flat, i can’t wait anymore :)

mrSerge
    Participant

mouse in desktop view mode should work from touch meta quest 2 ? does not work
    is there a text list of all gestures?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ VRified:

Looks like I disabled the whole Witcher 3 game specific programming for debugging purposes and forgot to re-enable it…

vorpX for a lot of games comes with game specific code modules that usually provide functionality that ‘normal’ profiles can’t provide. Since this module doesn’t kick in for Witcher 3 currently, all game specific extra functionality is unavailable. Will be rectified in the next beta release.

@ mrSerge:

Not sure about your mouse issue, sorry. As far as gestures are concerned, check the brief video in the first post of this thread. It explains where to find the list of available gestures and how to enable them.

luka2099
    Participant

Ralf i no need a virtual monitor. It s possible a version of beta , with gesture but without virtual monitor?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t have to use the virtual monitor, it’s completely optional. If you just launch games without launching the desktop viewer first, you won’t even notice it exists.

With the default config it only kicks in when you launch the dektop viewer and then put on your headset. You can choose how, if and when you want to it to kick in the config app.

While you don’t have to, you really should get accustomed to the launch desktop viewer, start games from there workflow though. The virtual display has enough advantages to warrent the ‘effort’ of getting used to something new.

luka2099
    Participant

so how can i uninstall the irtual monitor that created me the first install of the beta? even if i install the stable version of vorpx i still have a second monitor on my system. even if I remove it in the device manager, at the first reset of the pc it reappears

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!