Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    thfr
    Participant

Thanks for your replies!

I re-downloaded and re-installed the mod, and now it works! Must have somehow used an outdated version of the mod, even though I thought I had the lastest.

Time to jump into the Mai Mai and do some urban exploration in VR while listening to Pon Pon Shit. :-)

ZyMoTiC
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I have tried with both the latest (v21) and beta (v23) version now. With both the problem consists. Or is v21 not the latest? It is the one I got send by email when I paid.

When I launch the game, I’m in the VorpX VR environment, but the game is a flat screen in front of me. I am not using cinema mode, but the correct VR mode.

This is what I am using on my 2 week old PC:
    – Windows 11
    – latest nvidia drivers for my 3060ti
    – latest version of Oculus software
    – an Meta Quest 2 with latest software
    – latest version of Cyberpunk 2077
    – connecting PC via Oculus App + Link (cable)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please download the latest standalone version from the first post of this thread then. I’d really like to help you, but that ain’t gonna work as long as you ignore what I suggest. ;)

ZyMoTiC
    Participant

I am not ignoring you. I have downloaded and installed Vorpx 5 times now, including the beta. But without succes. I even mentioned the version numbers I used.

The first post you are mentioning is the Cyberpunk free VR mod. I am using the paid Vorpx mod.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Assuming you still didn’t try that: please install the standalone version from the first post in this thread, which may work for you if the beta of the next regular vorpX release doesn’t for some reason. Let me know if that still doesn’t solve your isssue.

ZyMoTiC
    Participant

I’ll get back to you when my Quest 2 doesnt keep disconnecting from my PC. Unfortunately I’m having more issues than one with my new gear.

Anatolij
    Participant

Hello Ralf. Decided to go through this game now, and faced a constant problem.
    You can only play for about 15-20 minutes, after that the game starts to slow down a lot (FPS 2-5 frames), and at the same time I noticed that it clogs up to failure, both RAM and video memory. What could be the problem ? If you play the 2D version, without VorpX, then the game runs stably, played for 3 hours in a row, with a stable 60 FPS on high settings, and no RTX effects. Therefore, I conclude that the VorpX version is to blame. After all, I clearly remember that I started playing it a year ago, through VorpX (not a mod like in this thread), and everything worked stably at a frequency of 80Hz and high graphics settings and a resolution of 1824×1920, why now (a year later) that the mod version that paid VorpX does not work stably? And this is for most users.

How do you propose to solve the problem?

I play (try to play) with the Alpha 8 mod, via Oculus Link on these settings (my system is in the signature): Resolution 1824×1920, all RTX and FSR are disabled, and all settings are on medium, and somewhere even on low. And I still don’t understand why the memory is clogged, what’s on the video card, what’s in the system, and at the same time the GPU frequency drops by at least MHz? When in 2D mode (without VprpX) the video memory is loaded up to 8 GB (out of 16), and this is in 4K resolution, and everything works stably for more than 3 hours.

I would really appreciate any advice, except for the advice to turn all settings to the minimum, because my video card can easily run this game even at high settings, and it is 100% tested a year ago.

Anatolij
    Participant

Here is my system, something I did not find my signature.
    And why can’t I edit my post, so I’ll add a new one.

M.B.:Z390 Aorus Master/CPU:Intel i9 9900K 5GHz/RAM:Corsair 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz/GPU: Sapphire nitro+ rx 6800 xt se 2300-2500 MHz

Zel1984
    Participant

I’m having similar problems as Anatolij, “You can only play for about 15-20 minutes, after that the game starts to slow down a lot (FPS 2-5 frames)”.

I can play from 5-20 min then the game suddenly goes to about 1-5fps for a few seconds then crashes (if the mod is set to Oculus mode i get an error when it crashes saying to use SteamVR but using SteamVR mode i get the same fps drop after 5-20min then crash but without the VorpX error box telling me to change to SteamVR), before the fps drop & crash the game looks & performs great with VorpX (using Rift S playing on RX 6700 XT at a resolution of 2560 x 1600) i have completed the game before with VorpX using all the same settings so don’t know why it has started behaving like this.

I have deleted all mods that i had in case they were causing issues, uninstalled the game completely & re-installed, uninstalled the mod & re-installed (the latest version) nothing i have tried fixes it which is a shame because it was a great game to experience in VR but this problem makes it unplayable.

ZyMoTiC
    Participant

I have uninstalled VorpX and downloaded the standalone CyberpunkVR mod. But for some reason it doesnt seem to hook the game. I have reinstalled a couple of times but no succes. I have tried all headset types in config.

ZyMoTiC
    Participant

Update: I uninstalled McAffee virusportection and disabled Nvidea that might also hook into the game but still without succes. No hook from the standalone app.

3oxis
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I’m having the same issues with @ZyMoTiC. Flat screen, no VR, current version downloaded. Please help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the latest version of the standalone mod (alternatively the vorpX 23.1. Beta linked in this sub forum) AND the latest Cyberpunk version. If the mod doesn’t switch to FullVR there almost certainly is a version mismatch between Cyberpunk and the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework. Each CET version only works with one specific Cyberpunk version.

3oxis
    Participant

You need the latest version of the standalone mod (alternatively the vorpX 23.1. Beta linked in this sub forum) AND the latest Cyberpunk version. If the mod doesn’t switch to FullVR there almost certainly is a version mismatch between Cyberpunk and the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework. Each CET version only works with one specific Cyberpunk version.

Could you please share a link to this version (23.1)? Can’t seem to find it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Two or three threads above this thread at the time you posted the question…

Note that it’s a BETA version in the true sense of the word. I.e. in development and not everything may work as expected. Only download if you are comfortable with that.

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!