Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

Phantom Liberty

Story Expansion DLC

26. September 2023

Hype Train – CHOO CHOO!

Django9898
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Please, I need your help, otherwise I’ll go insane here.

I bought Cyberpunk today because I really wanted to play it with the Vorpx Standalone Mod after seeing various videos on YouTube how well it works.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me at all.

When I run the game through Vorpx with Ralf’s profile, everything works fine, but I’d like to use the motion controls from the Standamone Mod.

I install the mod and start the game, but as soon as it loads, it gets crazy..

The starting room loads with no issues, then I press A on my Quest 2 controller and enter the game.

Now I see the “Redline” logo on the right eye and the first Cyberpunk loading screen on the left eye.

Then I find myself at some point in the main screen and even here everything is unplayably slow.

By chance I turned on the fps display and found that the game itself runs at 1 or 2 fps and the fps headset shows 80-90 fps?!

The motion controllers also react in the starting room of the mod, but no longer in the game itself.

To be on the safe side, I set all graphics settings in the game to low, with no effect.

As I said in Vorpx itself, everything works, with the local Profile…

I’m playing Skyrim VR with over 200 mods installed, running MSFS in VR, Borderlands VR, No Man’s Sky VR all without any problems.
    Far Cry 4 in the highest settings via Vorpx no problem.
    But this mod, no chance.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Ralph
    Participant

The VR Mod from Ralf is exactly the same as the official vorpx profile in the vorpx-config-tool, you can use all the motion controls in both the same !

The Mod is for free and is a gift to the VR community from Ralf to those who not own a vorpx copy. And those who own vorpx use the official vorpx profile, because all profiles of the other games can be managed and installed from the same point in the vorpx-config-tool.

Django9898
    Participant

The VR Mod from Ralf is exactly the same as the official vorpx profile in the vorpx-config-tool, you can use all the motion controls in both the same !

The Mod is for free and is a gift to the VR community from Ralf to those who not own a vorpx copy. And those who own vorpx use the official vorpx profile, because all profiles of the other games can be managed and installed from the same point in the vorpx-config-tool.

First, thanks for your answer!

I figured that the local profile is the same as the standalone mod.

It’s just strange how different the two versions run for me.
    But no matter, then I just use the Vorpx version.

But I would like to use the motion controls.

How do I activate them in the local Vorpx profile?

In the standalone mod the controllers are displayed, I see them in VR mode, but they are probably not active in the Vorpx profile for me.

Ralph
    Participant

On the Headset Displays you can see a menu, if you will press “Del” on your keyboard. In this menu there are many settings and on one page of the menu you can change the settings of the motion controls.

Django9898
    Participant

On the Headset Displays you can see a menu, if you will press “Del” on your keyboard. In this menu there are many settings and on one page of the menu you can change the settings of the motion controls.

I know the vorpx menü, but there you can only choose between touch controller as mouse/keyboard, touch controller as gamepad or controller off…

The gesture controls doesn’t work for me with my quest 2 controllers for some reason.

Ralph
    Participant

You can’t enter the room for the gesture controls via vorpx menu ?

Are you using the vorpx beta or the stable version ?

Ralph
    Participant

You need the beta for gesture support.

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Django9898
    Participant

You need the beta for gesture support.

Oh thx man!

That explains everything….

Have you tried the beta yet?
    Is the beta running well?

Ralph
    Participant

Vorpx Beta is more a release candidate, it is very near to the stable branch

StarfleetBelle
    Participant

I do own a copy of VorpX but attempted to play Cyberpunk 2077 using this mod, since from a web search this seemed like the way VorpX was supporting this particular game.

The mod failed spectacularly, as posted above. The suggested solution was to try standard settings, which I had already done.

If I’m going to try my copy of VorpX instead, where should I look for advice on this? Should I start by uninstalling and reinstalling the game without the mod? I don’t need gestures or anything flashy. I’m happy just using my wired Xbox controller.

Django9898
    Participant

I do own a copy of VorpX but attempted to play Cyberpunk 2077 using this mod, since from a web search this seemed like the way VorpX was supporting this particular game.

The mod failed spectacularly, as posted above. The suggested solution was to try standard settings, which I had already done.

If I’m going to try my copy of VorpX instead, where should I look for advice on this? Should I start by uninstalling and reinstalling the game without the mod? I don’t need gestures or anything flashy. I’m happy just using my wired Xbox controller.

Uninstall the standalone mod first.

To do this go to Windows Apps & Features and uninstall voprx Cyberpunk mod.
    Start Cyberpunk, set all graphic settings to low and activate DLSS when you have a RTX card.
    Then start Vorpx and go to local Profiles and choose the original profile from Ralf first and look how it works for you.
    When you Start Cyberpunk press “del” key to enter Voprx Menu and set input from Mouse/KB to Gamepad

Django9898
    Participant

Vorpx Beta is more a release candidate, it is very near to the stable branch

Ok, think i try the beta.

One last question, when i use the beta, can i use my current Vorpx Profiles with all my changed settings for my games?

Ralph
    Participant

yes !

Django9898
    Participant

So I tried the beta and i have exactly the same problems as with the standalone mod from Cyberpunk , exactly the same as I described above.
    Absolutely unplayable, the motion controls work, but I have 1-2 fps evrn in the main menu.
    I uninstalled the beta and selected Ralf’s vorpx profile and it runs like before, but unfortunately without motion controls.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!