Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure that the game runs in the foreground by clicking into its window with the mouse, just in case. If it’s not running in the forground there may be input glitches. That should also help with any potential ‘motion controller not working’ issues.

Also try to disconnect potentially unused fightsticks ot anything similar you may have connected to see whether they get in the way.

flippednormal
    Participant

Hi there! This may have been asked before (unfortunately I don’t have time atm to go through all the posts), but does this mod have any known issues with CP on the Epic Games Store? That’s where I purchased the game, and I tried the mod but keep getting a crash right as the CD Project Red Logo appears (this was for the 2.0 update, haven’t had a change to try the 2.1 yet). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I only have the Steam and the GOG version here, but never heard of any Epic specific issues. So it’s pretty unlikely that there are any.

In regard to launch crashes:

First please reset the game’s graphics details to default before installing the mod.

If that does not help, browse to C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache, select all files and delete them. Some can’t be deleted because they are in use, skip those.

Note that the AppData folder is a hidden folder, enable ‘Show hidden files’ in Windows Explorer to see it.

flippednormal
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll give that a try later today and report back if there any further issues. Thanks again! :)

flippednormal
    Participant

Hmm…still the same crash, unfortunately. It may be that I’m trying to run it my Quest 2 through Virtual Desktop, which uses Steam VR and not Quest Link (so I used the Steam VR installation). I’m not able to use Quest Link atm (either through Air Link or with the cable). Hopefully I can fix that and then try the Quest Installation instead. Thanks for the help, though! :)

Ralph
    Participant

1. Installed CP77 and Phantom Liberty

2. Restored all my game+vorpx profile settings from the first game run in 2021

Everything is working perfect, but i can not leave edge peak view, i can not play in Full VR with 85% Image Zoom. it just stays in edge peak with cinema screen look.

Any ideas ? I don’t know what to do next ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure to install the beta and let it install the additional components. The profile now comes with all extra features of the standalone mod. Alternatively use the standalone mod and pause vorpX while playing Cyberpunk.

ghoulworlde
    Participant

Hi there, I can’t seem to get the standalone VR mod to hook into cyberpunk. I have the 2.0 patch and phantom liberty, and it hooks fine with full VorpX, but when I launch with the full app it doesn’t give me access to motion gesture controls or geometry3D. I’ve reinstalled the mod to see if that was the issue and the same issue persists. I bought vorpx just to get this working and i’m honestly pretty disappointed that I spent $40 to not get the features included in the Free standalone mod. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

mateuszw1995
    Participant

Is it possible to select higher resolution than ultra? For me it is 3272×2212 but my headset have higher resolution vertical.

And also – is it possible to store mod settings while updating? It resets while every new version is installed.

Destroy
    Participant

Finally got this to work. Turns out MSI Afterburner prevented this stand alone mod from hooking properly. Grrr…took me several hours of uninstalling reinstalling things to figure this out so figure I’d post this tip for other to watch their background programs for conflicts like this.

What increases game FPS the most? No settings I turn off seems to make any FPS change from ~29fps. 4090 with i5 10600k@4.6Ghz

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ ghoulworld:

Install the latest vorpX beta. It comes with the full feature set of the standalone mod.

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

@ mateusz:

You could create a custom resolution in the nVidia GPU driver settings app, disable auto resolution in the vorpX menu and then set the created auto resolution.

@ Destroy:

That sounds wrong. Try to reset the game’s graphics settings to medium and go from there. With a 4090 you should get much better results. The CPU shouldn’t be much of a bottleneck either.

Destroy
    Participant

Yeah, lowering ALL settings to Med netted me ~40fps game. People must run at complete blur vision potato settings to get 50fps or better.

There is an eye rendering issue I’m seeing. Both in CP mod and VorpX beta.
    One eye gets stuck when using DirectVR, both eyes work ok in Z3D. If I change Headset Sync to Favor Latency the stuck eye will work but is horribly lagged behind the other eye that is running at the fast normal frame rate. Same performance and issue using OpenXR and SteamVR. This is on HP G2 btw.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still sounds wrong. You should be able to achieve 90fps easily at medium settings with your GPU.

Just in case: If you happen to use an additional tool to send the image to headset (e.g. Virtual Desktop), make sure to use the native way of your headset instead.

TheBalt
    Participant

Unfortunately I cant play with motion controls right now so gamepad is my only option, but Ive run into a small issue.

Headtracking while ADS doesnt work. I have to use my controller entirely once aiming down sights.

Is there an option or way to fix this so I can use “Head Aiming” on top of the control stick to hone in my shots with an Xbox Controller?

Thanks for your time

ianreid00
    Participant

Hi @Ralf

I have issues with the image being too high in the oculus rift 2 display. The background is showing at the bottom of the display even when I am not in edge peek. I tried playing with resolutions and aspect ratios to no avail. If I have a 1×1 ratio/resolution it looks best but there’s still a distracting black bar at the bottom. Image quality is great and I don’t have any issues with latency or lag, game fps averaging 60 and headset fps at 120.
    The only other issue I have is the HUD not locking icons over the items.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!